Sonic Electronix

I am wanting to put an 8" sub under the rear seat of my 2009 Crew Cab F-150. I think I have about 1.2 ft^3 of air space and have been looking at the Digital Designs 1008/1508 and Treo RSX subs so far. I do not much at Treo because most searches I've found don't talk about there 8" subs. I listen to mostly Rap/R&B and want the subs to sound good for music. Almost SQ or I guess SQL because i want it to somewhat get loud inside the truck. I do not care if its loud outside because i do not want to attract thieves since my girlfriend drives it quite a bit. Which other 8" subs should I look at or are these two real good buys. Also should I do two 8" sealed or one ported. I know the 1008/1508 are made for ported only and the Treo can go either way.

I've also had 2 different shops recommend doing 3 6" subs like the JL Audio and Digital Designs. I don't know about this because I want them to play low. One of my favorite Old School songs is Twista- Yall My Nugs of the Southwest Riders CD. My cousin had two Kicker Solobaric 8's and they would not hit the low note on that song.

Thanks

My wife is running 2 DD 1508's and they hit low and sound great doing it. She had a JL 12w3 before.

DCSig.jpg

2011 Meca World Champ S3

Team Truth Hertz

Team DC

Do you have an idea of how much power you'll be running?

I'm interested in seeing what comes of this thread. I'm trying to decide what to stick in my dad's truck.

I've seen good things about the Sundown SA-8 as well.

You may be offended by the above. Don't take it personally, I'm just abrasive.

DC Level 4 M2 12 D2

Car Audio Bargain 1600.1

Eclipse CD3200

~2 cubes @ 34 hz.

Stinger Roadkill Expert

Yes for now I'll be running my old Phoenix Gold Ti 400.2, 400wX1 @ 4 ohms. I've heard about the SA-8 but its hard enough trying to find 1508's to listen to and I live in Oklahoma City. Haven't heard any Treo RXS 8 but went to Texas and heard three SSp 10's and two SSX 12's in a boat in Tulsa. It seems like the only stores that have anything to listen to are the Mainstream stores like Best Buy, Ultimate Electronics and Audio Plus. Audio Plus sells Kicker and RF. The shops that sell decent speakers do not have displays so you just have to take the opinions on this stuff.

I'm also going to be getting either some Dynaudio or Hertz components and run them off another Phoenix Gold amp that is also 100w X 2 @ 4 ohms. Later on when I add rear door speakers I may get a Audison LRx 5.1k unless I can find another amp that does the same about of wattage for alot cheaper.

The DD1508 is a real nice sub.... I think you'll be happy with the way it sounds...

Vehicle: 1997 S10 Blazer 4dr 4X4

Exterior: Rear End Bagged, Black Grill, Lifted 2"

Amplifiers: Rockford Fosgate T8004 & T10001bd

Batteries: 2 Stinger SPV35, Kinetik HC2400

Electrical: Big 3, DC Power 290amp Alternator w/ MLA at 15.5v

Enclosure: 4.2 ft³ @ 33Hz 84sq.in. of port (20sq.in. per cube)

Headunit: Eclipse CD3200 w/ 80G iPod

Mids/Highs: Rockford T152s (a-pillars), Rockford T162s (doors)

Subwoofers: 1 15" Fi BL Fully Loaded

Wire: All 1/0g Kicker Hyperflex

My YouTube Videos

My Fiberglass A-Pillar Build

My "Seamless" Looking Box Build

My DD1508 T-Line Bandpass Build "Seamless" w/ Acrylic Windows (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Stealth 8" Fiberglass Build (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Build For A Friend's '08 Cobalt 15" BL Sealed Off From The Trunk

My feedback/references...

i live in okc too. i'd recommend the dd1508 if u can find one at a good price but everyone acts like dd's r made of gold. or the sundown sa-8 they r a good deal and sound damn good if i had the extra $100 id get one myself. if u dont mind using kicker i really recommend an L7 8" my uncle has 1 of them in a ported box built to specs and that thing is rediculous its louder than my rockford power hx2 15. i cant recall the rms rating on the L7 8 but he runs 900wrms to it daily and it handles that just fine

i live in okc too. i'd recommend the dd1508 if u can find one at a good price but everyone acts like dd's r made of gold. or the sundown sa-8 they r a good deal and sound damn good if i had the extra $100 id get one myself. if u dont mind using kicker i really recommend an L7 8" my uncle has 1 of them in a ported box built to specs and that thing is rediculous its louder than my rockford power hx2 15. i cant recall the rms rating on the L7 8 but he runs 900wrms to it daily and it handles that just fine

I can get Kicker speakers for a good price. My friend paints some of there show cars. I actually just talked to Steve from DD at the USACi show in Moore. And the store sold a 1508 ridiculously cheap but someone beat me to it. I'm just trying to get some educated opinions since know around here has anything on display to listen to. One shop measured under my seat for a 8w7 and it wouldn't fit with the way the basket is designed without lifting the seat.

when was there a usaci show in moore? cant believe i missed it....i was gonna go get metered at the import faceoff like a month ago but i was waitin on my sundown saz1500 to get here and missed it. i'd go with a sa-8 or the dd if u dont want "mainstream". but i think u will be plenty happy with an L7 8 especially if u got a hook up on kicker. i know the sa-8's will fit under truck seats. i post alot on the ssa forum and most of the sa-8 build logs have been in extended cab trucks

Archived