Can someone please explain RAM timing to me? I am thinking of doing an SLi build and the only thing I cant decide on is the RAM is because of the timing.... I want the XMS series of Corsair, cause I have some right now and I like the oc I got on it. But Know nothing about timing. Someone wanna learn me?

Damn Thiefs

supportingmemeber.gif

remember that sometimes RAM timings aren't everything. Usually the "tighter" (lower) the timing, the harder it is to overclock without loosing stability. When I was overclocking my system, I ended up loosening the timings a bit for more headroom for higher clock frequencies and lower power requirements, which stabilized things. In the end, I got more performance that way.

Do you already have your motherboard of choice? What about the processor?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16819103773

AM2 6000+ 3.0 GHz Dual Core – 169.99 Shipping (Free)

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16813131011

ASUS MOBO – $168.99 Shipping ($7.14)

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16814130073

Evga VIDEO CARD (X2 SLi) – $106.99 Shipping ($2.99)

That is what I am thinking about.... I really want the XMS ram... I just needed to know that about timing. With lower timing then you dont need to overclock would you? But when you overclock your processor, doesnt your ram overclock too? In that case I would want to make the timings higher so that I could overclock the processor.... Let me know

Damn Thiefs

supportingmemeber.gif

The OCZ Reaper HPC Edition 2GB from 2000LaDe is compatible with your mobo, just cheched it.

With the mobo that I want to buy? the AM2 mobo? Thanks for checking that out for me... But I was just talking to a friend and he said that AM2 is old news... I thought that it was AMD's newest processor... I was kinda bummed when he said that but I kinda dont think that he is right. He told me that if I wanted a gaming rig that I need to get Intel. I believe that AMD has more multitasking power then Intel... Could someone tell me that the set up that I have previously posted that I am looking to build is good? I want something that can play games, and have no fucking bottle necks, I hate it when this computer randomly freezes... Just let me know you guys are really helping me out.

Damn Thiefs

supportingmemeber.gif