zayres29 Posted July 18, 2010 Author Report Posted July 18, 2010 yeah i was looking at danscomp and saw that they make custom ones but i wouldnt even know what to get im just getting into this Btw that was the first person. Ever banned by me while dropping a deuce. Feel privileged
jeyrapboy Posted July 18, 2010 Report Posted July 18, 2010 yeah i was looking at danscomp and saw that they make custom ones but i wouldnt even know what to get im just getting into this Simple 3 step process pick the rim, pick the nipples (whats holds the spoke to tire) and spokes. But for a beginner i would go pre-built. Also i would go with double wall rim. Singles aint that durable and triples are usually to heavy.
jeyrapboy Posted July 18, 2010 Report Posted July 18, 2010 Here is what i am working with Hanvt added much in 2 years and still holding up good.
zayres29 Posted July 18, 2010 Author Report Posted July 18, 2010 what is the difference between a cassette and a freewheel Btw that was the first person. Ever banned by me while dropping a deuce. Feel privileged
jeyrapboy Posted July 18, 2010 Report Posted July 18, 2010 what is the difference between a cassette and a freewheel cassette is something you would see on a street or mountain bike, where you really cant back peddle, freewheel allows you to back peddle and let off a clicking noise when you coast. EDIT: your bike has a freewheel
zayres29 Posted July 18, 2010 Author Report Posted July 18, 2010 so which should i get if i got a new wheel Btw that was the first person. Ever banned by me while dropping a deuce. Feel privileged
jeyrapboy Posted July 18, 2010 Report Posted July 18, 2010 so which should i get if i got a new wheel Free wheel for sure. Most pre-built wheels on danscomp are freewheel.
JCiarlino Posted July 18, 2010 Report Posted July 18, 2010 I don't do any tricks because I suck. But I do ride a BMX bike. It's an '02 GT Compe. I cut down the handlbars, took the pegs off, and took the front brake off.
zayres29 Posted July 18, 2010 Author Report Posted July 18, 2010 this will eventually be my riding style Btw that was the first person. Ever banned by me while dropping a deuce. Feel privileged
zayres29 Posted July 18, 2010 Author Report Posted July 18, 2010 I don't do any tricks because I suck. But I do ride a BMX bike. It's an '02 GT Compe. I cut down the handlbars, took the pegs off, and took the front brake off. i like that i also took off my front brake pegs chain guard shitty stickers kickstand and anything else i could think of to save weight and/or make it look better Btw that was the first person. Ever banned by me while dropping a deuce. Feel privileged
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.