Sundown Audio

Autotek Or Quantum Audio?

Mastersound15

As some of you may already know, i'm in the process of rebuilding my system. Of course you cant upgrade the system without redoing the amp :) it appears that the amps have always been my problem so now that done with and i want to go BIG!!!! So heres what I came up with. I found a Autotek amp that seems to be exactly what I need. (specs below) and today I found basically the same thing but a Quantum Audio amp instead. Both are 4000 watts, 2 channel mono blocks, and both are 1 ohm stable which is exactly what I need for my subs. Which are 2 kicker L7 15" 2 ohm subs. I posted links to both of the amps specs below. The only difference is that if I get the Quantum Audio amp, it costs less so I might be able to afford getting a 6 farad capacitor. So what should i do?

Quantum amp- http://www.quantumaudio.net/cozmik-amp.html

autotek amp- http://www.maxxsonics.com/autotek/mm_amps_SuperD.html

2007 Pontiac G6 on 20's

Current System-

Jensen VM-9312 in-dash

(1) Kicker 1500.1

(2) DD 1500 Series 12's

Running Knu Koncepts 1/0 wiring

145.6db- Floorboard

162.9db- Port

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1983 Toyota Corolla Station Wagon (SPL Vehicle)

(Under Reconstruction)

autotek.

I have been researching quantum audio, there is a dealer here in sac and he says the amps are no good, they have alot of returns and soon as his current stock runs out they wont get anymore.

really? the store i went to had one on display and it pounded hard!!!! with two kicker 15" cvrs. but it was a 3000 watt amp not a 4000.

2007 Pontiac G6 on 20's

Current System-

Jensen VM-9312 in-dash

(1) Kicker 1500.1

(2) DD 1500 Series 12's

145.6db- Floorboard

162.9db- Port

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Under Reconstruction)

Mastersound, what kind of price does that store have on the 4kw amp?

Also, it looks like the Quantum is rated 4k x 1 at 1 ohm and the Autotek is rated 4k x 1 at 2 ohm, I am not sure if you have the subs you plan to use yet or not, so I thought I would point it out in case you didn't see that.

BJJ20logo20resize.png

it was $400 for the quantum audio amp. My subs are 2ohm but can be wired down to 1ohm. they are 1000 watts rms, and 2000 watts peak they are 15" kicker L7's (2)

2007 Pontiac G6 on 20's

Current System-

Jensen VM-9312 in-dash

(1) Kicker 1500.1

(2) DD 1500 Series 12's

145.6db- Floorboard

162.9db- Port

(Under Reconstruction)

it was $400 for the quantum audio amp. My subs are 2ohm but can be wired down to 1ohm. they are 1000 watts rms, and 2000 watts peak they are 15" kicker L7's (2)

I assume that those L7's are dual 2's them? If that is the case, you could get full bore power from the Autotek, but you would only get 1/2 power from the Quantum because you would be running either 2 ohm mono or 1/2 ohm mono.

BJJ20logo20resize.png

thats what i figured but then the only problem would be to power that big ol amp, my car is a 83 toyota with crappy stock electrical system. i tested it and with headlights on and it puts out like 14. something volts and the amp is rated at 14.something volts. so im guessing it should be alright. but is the autotek amp really the perfect choice?

2007 Pontiac G6 on 20's

Current System-

Jensen VM-9312 in-dash

(1) Kicker 1500.1

(2) DD 1500 Series 12's

145.6db- Floorboard

162.9db- Port

(Under Reconstruction)

thats what i figured but then the only problem would be to power that big ol amp, my car is a 83 toyota with crappy stock electrical system. i tested it and with headlights on and it puts out like 14. something volts and the amp is rated at 14.something volts. so im guessing it should be alright. but is the autotek amp really the perfect choice?

I really don't know much about either amp. I have never heard of Quantum before now, and the last time that I used Autotek amps, they were old cheater Autotek 99's.

I am nowhere near being an expert, but I would almost guarantee that there is no way that your stock system will support a real 4kw. If it does, I will be really amazed.

What were you pushing your L7's with before you started to rebuild, and did you ever get metered?

BJJ20logo20resize.png

I really don't know much about either amp. I have never heard of Quantum before now, and the last time that I used Autotek amps, they were old cheater Autotek 99's.

I am nowhere near being an expert, but I would almost guarantee that there is no way that your stock system will support a real 4kw. If it does, I will be really amazed.

What were you pushing your L7's with before you started to rebuild, and did you ever get metered?

i never got metered but im trying to before i actually park to car to rebuild. im currently useing two amps (one per speaker) they are MDX brand 2000 watt 2 channel mono block amps. dont know much else about them heres a pic

Posted Image

2007 Pontiac G6 on 20's

Current System-

Jensen VM-9312 in-dash

(1) Kicker 1500.1

(2) DD 1500 Series 12's

145.6db- Floorboard

162.9db- Port

(Under Reconstruction)

Archived