Sonic Electronix

Ive been looking for some new subs in my 98' mustang,

and i think i found a decent pair.

http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?Partnumber=293-360

They look pretty good, and it's in my price range, but if i was

to get them i'd def. have to upgrade my amp. I already have a box,

2 10" enclosed,but should i modify it to be ported or should i keep it enclosed?

Id also like to get a decent Rockford Fosgate amp, and would like some opinions.

lemme know what u guys think..

Edited by stunninsabatino

Ive been looking for some new subs in my 98' mustang,

and i think i found a decent pair.

http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?Partnumber=293-360

They look pretty good, and it's in my price range, but if i was

to get them i'd def. have to upgrade my amp. I already have a box,

2 10" enclosed,but should i modify it to be ported or should i keep it enclosed?

Id also like to get a decent Rockford Fosgate amp, and would like some opinions.

lemme know what u guys think..

Or should i upgrade to a set of 12's?

http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?Partnumber=293-484

these look pretty good, again lemme know whatcha guys think...

Be careful man. I have 2 12" inch MTX jackhammers svc @4ohm, had the gains set professionally. Well the other day one of my voice coils went by by! Mine was prolly faulty and it was used but still.

id wait and save some money for better stuff :pardon:

What i am going to do. Then when i get some new shit. either sell it or put one of the 12s in the house. PARTY TIME YES! :drink40::lol::rofl:

id wait and save some money for better stuff :pardon:

I don't want a comp. system, just something that can keep up w/ me, nothin

too big, but not too small. my friend has a lansar 15 w/ a 50 watt precision power

amp bridged and his is enough for me, but i love the sound from a good set of 12's.

When my ears start to hurt and i can feel the bass in my chest, its enough for me :woot:

Lets see, i got little more then 1k to spend, was goin to go on vacation but didn't, so have

this $ figured i'd treat myself to a new system.

Ima need subs, compasitor, def. an amp, new head unit, and maybe upgrade the factory speakers...

its not goin to be a compitition system, just a damn good one.... :lol:

As already said, leave the cap alone.

Infinity Component Set,

Rockford Fosgate P2D212,

Rockford Fosgate R500-1,

Rockford Fosgate R150-2,

Rockford Fosgate Wiring Kit

= $522 shipped using code "BFY4BANR" at checkout (40% off Rockford merch) and Amazon's Super Saver Shipping (free).

That leaves you with about $400 to pick a head unit, other install necessities, and build a box or get a box built. Avoid prefabs if possible. 90% of the time, they suck.

There is equipment out there better than this, but I don't know of anything off the top of my head that can compete at this price point. It may run you a little over 1k, but I don't think it will be by much.

EDIT: And an absolute no on that Boss amp.

Edited by BJD3

You may be offended by the above. Don't take it personally, I'm just abrasive.

DC Level 4 M2 12 D2

Car Audio Bargain 1600.1

Eclipse CD3200

~2 cubes @ 34 hz.

Stinger Roadkill Expert

As already said, leave the cap alone.

Infinity Component Set, Rockford Fosgate P2D212, Rockford Fosgate R500-1 = $401 shipped using code "BFY4BANR" at checkout (40% off Rockford merch) and Amazon's Super Saver Shipping (free).

That leaves you with about $600 to pick a head unit, get wiring and other install necessities, and build a box or get a box built. Avoid prefabs if possible. 90% of the time, they suck.

There is equipment out there better than this, but I don't know of anything off the top of my head that can compete at this price point. It may run you a little over 1k, but I don't think it will be by much.

EDIT: And an absolute no on that Boss amp.

Really feelin that Fosgate combo, looks good, and ive heard Fosgate subs, love em too, but should i go with 10's or 12's?

If i go with 10's i already have a sealed box to go w/ it, but with the 12's i won't have a box, i can make one (I do Home Renovation)

but i don't know how to make a specifically tuned box. Anyone kno how to make a tuned box or can give me some tips???