Ive been wanting to ask this for awhile. I understand the point of wanting to use headphones if you are in an apartment, but what other reasons are there? Im using a set of logitech z-5500's on an HT Omega Striker and I couldn't ask for a better surround gaming experience. The reason I ask this is because I dont think I have an amazing setup or anything. I just dont see how a headset would compare. No headset will have the same effect of brutal power as the surround sound does. Plus, it sucks wearing something on your head the whole time you are gaming. If headsets somehow enhance the gaming experience more, by all means let me know because I'd love to try them out. In the meantime, I think im good with what I have.

DD M4

Rockford Fosgate P500-4

SoundQubed HDC415 w carbon fiber cap

2 Rockford Fosagate T1675-S

XS Power D3400 Under Hood

XS Power D5100 in rear

Michael Singer 200A Alt

Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/153901-2012-veloster-update-842013-wall-build-4-15s/

• 4 months later...

a gaming headset would also have a mic. Unless you live away from people it would be really douchy for you to be blasting surround sound at 1:00 in the morning. i want to hook my ps3 to the surround sound but i need a optical cable to connect it since my surround sound system (all n one jvc) doesn't have hdmi imput and only one rca input that my sirius tuner is hooked to and i don't want to change the wires back and forth.

1997 crown vic police interceptor

headunit: avic x710bt

sub amp: powerbass xta 1500d

sub: fi 15" bl fully loaded

enclosure: 3.5 cubes @ 33hz firing through rear deck

mids/highs: crappy pioneer paper cone 6x9's and stock rears for now

mid/high amp:h/u power FTL

wiring: knuconceptz 1/0 memphis interterconnects

Ive been wanting to ask this for awhile. I understand the point of wanting to use headphones if you are in an apartment, but what other reasons are there? Im using a set of logitech z-5500's on an HT Omega Striker and I couldn't ask for a better surround gaming experience. The reason I ask this is because I dont think I have an amazing setup or anything. I just dont see how a headset would compare. No headset will have the same effect of brutal power as the surround sound does. Plus, it sucks wearing something on your head the whole time you are gaming. If headsets somehow enhance the gaming experience more, by all means let me know because I'd love to try them out. In the meantime, I think im good with what I have.

picture having the game as loud as however you play your surround sound, and you can talk still talk to people ingame without them bitching about the volume and not having to yell to be heard. plus ive noticed with alot of games, even shooters aside, that you hear alot more sound effects than you would with a surround sound system, maybe thats because its closer to your ear? dont know but ive noticed it. and of course if you play alot of shooters you have quite the advantage over anyone without one or even people with surround sound. when i hear somethin i instantly react as if im really in the game and heard the sound.

Fusion With A Stetsom 4k2d on 2 DC XL 15s tuned to 31hz and Subs and ports forward

The Revolution Was Not Televised

But There Is This Thread(clicky)

Dr Merkenstein is my 360 gamertag and my profession. When shit gets real, call in the Doc