Autruche's Saab 9000 Build - New box started!

how u like the zxi150.4?

i got an older version of the 80.4 the 4406, i wanna get the zxi80.4 to replace the 4406 due to bullshit, i dunno why it dont work right, i was wangin on my system one day and amp went into protect and goes into it everytime it gets power now, i dunno whats wrong with it, i only had it at 4ohms each channel when it did this so i unno

i need a good 4ch to run active with so i can try out this proceesor thats in my pioneer premire 860, i got a "600w" sony 4ch but it sucks and i got 2 pritty good 2ch amps but there not the same brand so i unno how that will work

but those 3ways look good for the money

good luck wit yo system

Thanks dude!

I haven't gotten to hear the amp with full power yet because I had spent most of my time working on the Explorer, but you can tell a difference in sound quality between this and my old dual when ran off of the same power supply.

The first thing I noticed is that at start up and low volumes it is much less power hungry, but even giving like 100 rms to a pair of the components (like 50 each) when they were just wired up and sitting in the box they sounded great on that amp.

With the dual amp it sounded like I had some nice coaxial speakers, but with the hifonics you can tell that there are separate midranges and tweeters.

Have you heard the O2's yet? Price is tempting as fawk

I haven't had them in my car yet, but I did wire up a pair and just let them sit in the box and hooked it up to my amp and it got louder and way more crisp and clear than all of my old treble did. and it didn't distort no matter how loud I cranked them, I can't wait to hear them in my car when I get my door panels and A-pillar done.

Need Test Tones/Sine Waves? Click Here!

My Saab 9000 build
1993 Saab 9000 Aero 5spd
Pioneer - Zapco - Hifonics - Sundown Audio - O2 Audio - RE Audio

Just Say No To Rear Speakers
Just Say No To CCA Wire
Real Men Drive Stick

Hit me up on Facebook, if you want

For anyone looking into the same component sets I got, I figured I'd give you a few more pics.

The midbass

100_1277.jpg

The midrange have these silly little cups around them, that easily come off with one screw.

100_1283.jpg

100_1284.jpg

At first I was like, wtf, how do I make A-pillars with these? then i took it apart.

100_1286.jpg

100_1287.jpg

100_1288.jpg

Here's some pics of the crossovers, they're nothing special, but you can't expect much when they're on the cheap.

100_1281.jpg

100_1282.jpg

The tweeters are normal 1 inch dome tweeters, they are orbital though.

And look what i got in for free from Audiosavings!

100_1289.jpg

I bet they'll be really nice for my 4 channel, I'll just be running it in 2 channel mode as it's just for front stage though.

My Saab 9000 build
1993 Saab 9000 Aero 5spd

Just Say No To CCA Wire
Real Men Drive Stick

Got bored, did a little work today, not muck at all. I got my buss bars moved, they are now mounted on the wooden floor. Then I mounted my 4 channel.

100_1298.jpg

100_1291.jpg

I have the amp mounted right over the buss bars, it's up on legs until I get the false floor made.But this is how much clearance it has.

100_1294.jpg

Just a couple of pics so you can understand how much i actually have going on with this car lately.

100_1296.jpg

100_1297.jpg

Well, tomorrow I plan on running some speaker wires and starting on my door panels and pillars. I hope to get up to the point that all that's needed is to do the glassing.

My Saab 9000 build
1993 Saab 9000 Aero 5spd

Just Say No To CCA Wire
Real Men Drive Stick

Started working on my door panels today, didn't get much done though, it's been a while since I've used a router, and messed it up quite a bit, lol, but anyway these front ones will be temporary, I just want to see how they will be for now. I don't own a router so I have to borrow my dad's, but will be picking up a jasper circle jig so I can actually do it right next time. well, on with the pics.

100_1299.jpg

100_1301.jpg

100_1302.jpg

100_1303.jpg

100_1304.jpg

100_1310.jpg

100_1305.jpg

100_1311.jpg

100_1312.jpg

100_1313.jpg

OOH, wtf is under this pile of sawdust?

100_1306.jpg

100_1307.jpg

100_1308.jpg

100_1309.jpg

Oh, it's just a pyle, darn...

well that's all I really got done for today, It was raining out so not much I could do with the car. Hopefully I'll have the doors ready for glassing and all of the wires ran tomorrow.

My Saab 9000 build
1993 Saab 9000 Aero 5spd

Just Say No To CCA Wire
Real Men Drive Stick

man i loved my 02's will b getting more soon not quite that many holy *hit thats alota midsss

Lol, thanks, I actually plan on getting two more pairs in the future. :pardon:

My Saab 9000 build
1993 Saab 9000 Aero 5spd

Just Say No To CCA Wire
Real Men Drive Stick

damn this is legit bro

id love to throw 4 mids in the doors

ty

TY

Moet poppin', hoe hoppin', aint no stoppin' B.I.G. poppa, I'm a bad boy

Party and Bullshit - The Notorious B.I.G.

Honest estimate on this truck when it's all done........... 172.3...........

Ehh.. U are aware of what 172.3 is, right?

yep.....:)

Two Pyle 15"s Build log

lol pretty good man any updates on this

REFF'S
My link
EBAY
http://feedback.ebay...ck&myworld=true
I love car audio so much because I will never be done. I can never win, and I will never get it finished or perfect. It always has me coming back for more, I can never get my fill of it, but I get what I need.

Archived