Sundown Audio

audiopipe 30001 amp

mason313

Quoted from Chris at db-r

you contradicted your self, you said it was made with cheap parts, and he said it was made with good parts....

its a good amp for the price, and if your spending 600 on 1 2500, just get 2 3ks and call it a day..

edit

i had my 3k for 2 years beating on it, and it never had to be returned or sent in for repairs or anything...

they can last if you have a decent electrical

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

who would have thought people would fight so much over an amp? lol. ok here is my fight, a friend of mine has two concept 15s in his blazer, we built the box. they are dual 2 ohm woofers. He is running on northstar 170 battery, stock alt, only some 4 gauge wire running to the batt, and amp rack. He used his db drive 2000.1 at .53 ohm, scored a 144.6 we dropped my ap3k1d in to do a 144.5 Very consistent score. Now i know you all arent going to talk a bunch of trash on db drive amps, so what wrong with the power out of the Audiopipe amp?

Xterra * 69 Camaro * Audi S5

36 Ford * 51 Mercury 

looking for wire sponsor :) 

www.flyracing.com

I guess we have white unicorn amps then. SWEET!

SPL-Lab REPCar: 1996 Honda Accord F22B1 CoupeSuspension: Megan Racing Full Street Coilover Dampener KitAlternator: DC Power XP 270Batteries: XS Power D5100 & D3100Wiring: KnuKonceptz & 2/0 Welding cableHeadunit: Kenwood KDC-MP642UComponents: Hybrid Audio ClarusAmplifers: Lanzar OPTI250X4Subwoofer: 2 Sundown Audio E8.v2Deadener: Sound Deadener ShowdownSPL Meter: SPL-Lab RTA Pro meterWant an SPL meter for a lot less than the cost of a Termlab, but just as accurate and has the same features? PM me.CA ref: (enellz, 92c1v1c, el_chupo_, Thixx, Kraudio12, SethPhillips, NJack2AF, JamesKarr, ExpoSport, 01 S 10, wgsj_fortvalley, fast306stang, Lakota, blackga, TheLow, adrian1185, the727kid, rudy, sundownz, lmllopez, traksta15, gentlejax, satchel50207, Bigthangs, Goindef154)CACO ref: (extremechevyman67, ghostmechanic, FatBoy2, TheMan007, bdufner, 350zkid, ironb, bmansbach)SSA ref as phi: ( shizzzon, porkchop, onebadmonte, stevemead, TRP, ///M5, denim)SMD ref: (DC Power Rob, Nathan@XSPOWER, Jman08)And then some.

i would like to say to the OP. Yes do some research, the search button on this forum will save you a lot of time. I read every thread about this amp before i bought it, even thou i knew a few people who were using them with nothing but good things to say. Anyways on with the fight lol :popcorn:

Xterra * 69 Camaro * Audi S5

36 Ford * 51 Mercury 

looking for wire sponsor :) 

www.flyracing.com

Only one that I'd trust to do 3k is the crunch gp3k but you can't get those for 300 shipped brand new now can you?

I hope not, because I just bought one for 425 lol

RF_728x090_caraudiofanatics-1.jpg

xs-1.jpg

logo-1.png

1991 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series

DC Power 270 Amp Alt

Big 3

Kicker/KnuKonceptz 0 Gauge Power wire

XS Power D6500

XS Power D3100

Pioneer Headunit

JBL Mids and Highs

Rockford Fosgate 400.4

3 Sundown Audio SA-10's wired @ .67 ohms

American Bass 150.1

I'm not talking about those ole pieces of junk.I'm talking about the Sundown 2500 that is for sale for $475.I don't even see why $600 was brought up.

you contradicted your self, you said it was made with cheap parts, and he said it was made with good parts....

its a good amp for the price, and if your spending 600 on 1 2500, just get 2 3ks and call it a day..

edit

i had my 3k for 2 years beating on it, and it never had to be returned or sent in for repairs or anything...

they can last if you have a decent electrical

He didn't contradict himself.He said it is made with cheap components, which it is, such as the circuit board and hardware, etc.Again, where is this $600 coming from?

That amp will never be a good amp, for any price, PERIOD.

I guess we have white unicorn amps then. SWEET!

No I assure you; they're junk.Sorry about you luck :shrug:

Anyways on with the fight lol :popcorn:

Hahaha this.

I'm not talking about those ole pieces of junk.I'm talking about the Sundown 2500 that is for sale for $475.I don't even see why $600 was brought up.

He didn't contradict himself.He said it is made with cheap components, which it is, such as the circuit board and hardware, etc.Again, where is this $600 coming from?

That amp will never be a good amp, for any price, PERIOD.

No I assure you; they're junk.Sorry about you luck :shrug:

Hahaha this.

the 2500 sundown was for sale for 600... thats why the 600 was brought up...

The SAZ-2500D replaces the SAZ-2000D in our line-up. It packs 25% more power into a casing only 3/4" longer than the older SAZ-2000D model. The 2500D features an output section equal to our highly regarded SAZ-3000D model and an extremely robust power supply section to back it up!

All of the latest technology and R&D available to us was implemented in the 2500D -- years of experience in the SPL lanes and in customer vehicles has all been taken into account. We feel that the 2500D is a very worthy addition to our line up for both hardcore SPL competitors and enthusiasts alike.

We do highly recommend a high output alternator and additional battery for this model.

SPECIFICATIONS:

•Digital Class-D Linkable Mono Block Amplifier

•Double Sided Through Hole Epoxy PCB

•1 Ohm Stability

•Daisy-Chain Through Output RCA

•Efficiency : 86% @ 4 ohm, at 100Hz

•24dB/Oct Variable Crossover

•Multi-Way Protection Circuitry

•(Thermal/Over Current/Speaker Short/Speaker DC Protection)

•RCA Line Input and Master Output

•24dB Octave Crossover Slope

•24dB Octave Variable Subsonic Crossover Slope

•Variable Bass Boost

•Variable Low Pass Filter

•Variable Phase Shift

•Zero(0) Gauge Power Supply Connectors

•Tested Voltage & THD : 14.4V & Less than 1% THD

•Operating Voltage : DC 10V~18V

•Wired Remote Controller

•MSRP $1299 USD

Ratings :

2500 @ 1 ohm

1200 @ 2 ohms

600 @ 4 ohms

----------

Jacobs Testing :

Wired @ 1 ohm :

1690 Watts

21.4 Amps

78.97 Volts

3.69 ohms Actual

Wired @ 0.25 :

3360 Watts

63 Amps

53 Volts

0.85 ohm actual

Around 14v actual voltage

600 Shipped with Insurance and Tracking

No Trades

Team DC Audio

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

He said 600 because EricR had the SD 2500 for sale for 600 at first.

And you don't need to be sorry for my luck. If my amp is so shitty, then I must have amazing luck with it still working like the day I bought it. I burped 145s out the trunk with the amp on the box not even mounted. I daily with it for about 3 months not even mounted to the floor. I accidentally wired it up backwards twice in a row with the battery 1ft from the amp. I really wanted it to die when I first bought it as I didn't like how the price was so cheap either. I came from an IA20.1 before the ap3k.

SPL-Lab REPCar: 1996 Honda Accord F22B1 CoupeSuspension: Megan Racing Full Street Coilover Dampener KitAlternator: DC Power XP 270Batteries: XS Power D5100 & D3100Wiring: KnuKonceptz & 2/0 Welding cableHeadunit: Kenwood KDC-MP642UComponents: Hybrid Audio ClarusAmplifers: Lanzar OPTI250X4Subwoofer: 2 Sundown Audio E8.v2Deadener: Sound Deadener ShowdownSPL Meter: SPL-Lab RTA Pro meterWant an SPL meter for a lot less than the cost of a Termlab, but just as accurate and has the same features? PM me.CA ref: (enellz, 92c1v1c, el_chupo_, Thixx, Kraudio12, SethPhillips, NJack2AF, JamesKarr, ExpoSport, 01 S 10, wgsj_fortvalley, fast306stang, Lakota, blackga, TheLow, adrian1185, the727kid, rudy, sundownz, lmllopez, traksta15, gentlejax, satchel50207, Bigthangs, Goindef154)CACO ref: (extremechevyman67, ghostmechanic, FatBoy2, TheMan007, bdufner, 350zkid, ironb, bmansbach)SSA ref as phi: ( shizzzon, porkchop, onebadmonte, stevemead, TRP, ///M5, denim)SMD ref: (DC Power Rob, Nathan@XSPOWER, Jman08)And then some.

yes, he changed the price TODAY, on the second page, why should i have to skim through the shit to find the price.. it wasnt posted on the front page and im not digging for prices...

either way, its still a extra 170$ compared to the AP3k

Team DC Audio

Archived