Sonic Electronix

Hey fellas! I have a quick question. So initially, I had a 5ch amp and I had 4gauge Stinger HPM power wire I got from Darvex ran in my car. I returned the 5ch amp because it was defective which turned out to be a blessing because I decided to get 2 amps MTX TE1501D (SUB) and MTX TE404 (Mid/Highs) that are WAY bettter! I am installing the sub amp this weekend. The 4gauge is already ran to the mids/highs amp currently. My question is this, would it be OK if I ran Stinger 0/1 gauge ran it along side the 4 gauge I currently have installed from my Yellow Top Optima? I figured since the 4gauge is already ran(and paid for..lol) I might as well leave it in. So I was thinking of running the 4gauge directly to the mids/highs amp(it will accept 4ga on the terminal) and the 0/1gauge directly to the sub amp (it will accept 0/1gauge on the terminal) with out a distribution block. Is the kewl, or will it pull current differently? Or do I have to run the 0/1 gauge and then get a distribution block to power the amps? Thanx for the feedback fellas!

-Baseline

if i understand what your saying....yes you can run 2 diffrent gauge wires, ones just going to put more power to the amp with the larger wire

Legal TL scores145.6 on the dash sealed up in the low 40hz area with the port out145.5 on the dash sealed up @30hz with the port inless then 1k clamped on a 3.5k!

Why would you EVER WANT flex?
huh?...flex is what can make the lows lower and more air being pushed correct?
jeff_zps9bc81ace.jpg

me_zps0fb5a5b4.jpgMy FeedbackJeep-BuildlogPT LOSER buildlog

Aslong as you keep them hooked up to the proper amsp should work

take baby steps, u cant do it all at once unless u have a roll of 100's big enough to choke a donkey

1998 Chevy Venture "Swagger Wagon"

Kenwood Excelon KDC-X994 Headunit

3 15" Alpine Type R's in seperate T-Lines

1 RF T1500-1bd for 2 of the 15s

1 RF P1000-1bd for the single 15

3 sets of Hifonics Zeus ZXi6.5C Components( 1 more set to come for Front stage)

1 Hifonics HFi100.4 4-channel amp

Stock alt for now (DC HO SPL 400A when funds come in,currently working on buying this)

Stock battery and one Optima Redtop for now (looking at XS batteries)

3 15" Alpine Type R's (aka Swagger Wagon Build 1.0)

Swagger Wagon Build 2.0

Youtube Videos

if i understand what your saying....yes you can run 2 diffrent gauge wires, ones just going to put more power to the amp with the larger wire

Please explain. What would happen if he put the 0 gauge on the little amp and the 4 gauge on the big amp?

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!

Please explain. What would happen if he put the 0 gauge on the little amp and the 4 gauge on the big amp?

The bigger amp would have a bit more difficult job of pulling more current thru the smaller wire. But anyways. It should all be fine.

2010 Civic SI sedan: Crystal Black Pearl

All stock.

Archived