4 Ascendant SMD 18's, 36kwrms!! - teamSPB Project D*FN U...NEW UPDATES! 9kwrms PER SMD!!

HAHA, cheers guys!

The looks I first got when people started finding out about the project was absolutely hilarious!! But to be completely honest, the only reason I bought it was because I got it cheap...As long as we had a vehicle that was big enough on the inside, its all that mattered...and not being a millionaire, I couldnt afford something like a Chrysler Voyager or a Escalade or Astro etc as the way I saw it, the vehicle had to be disposable to a certain degree should I ever want to buy something else as it will NOT turn back to standard! And I would rather lose a few hundred pounds compared to a few thousand pounds!

As things got on with the project, I started thinking about suspension...coilovers were coming in at £600+ from japan as no one in the UK had anything in stock...And even then, I dont think I would have been able to have ANY ride comfort with the amount of weight in the back meaning having to use VERY high poundage springs! Then I bit the bullet and went for air ride...

LOTS of people loved it on the OEM rims claiming it was VERY different to what is out there in the scene...then a set of Porsche split rims came up for sale which I was going to buy...but to get the 10x18's on the back would have been a right ball ache, but at the same time, my cousin also had the Carsson rims up for grabs to! They had to be mine!!!!

Hopefully, early next year, ill start on the bodywork...but im finding it VERY hard at the moment to find a UK supplier for Previa bodykits :( Once the exterior phase is done...it should be kissing the floor all round!

teamSPB

• 2 weeks later...

Right not updated this for around a month now and there is a good reason behind that which I shall explain at a later date...

I havent really done much to the vehicle to be honest and I hope to press on with it next week.

The SPL Dynamics D5 I had in there has been sold (well deposit taken)...so this paves way for me to get the SPL Dynamics ICE 3500d's. However, I have the small issue of the charging system to sort out first!

Some boring pics for those who are interested

10g speaker cable front to back - 4 runs per door

DSC04436.jpg

Knu Konceptz Krystal RCAs

DSC06329.jpg

DSC06336.jpg

Also got this handy little machine to print lables

DSC06878.jpg

Type in what you want

DSC06879.jpg

It prints it out

DSC06880.jpg

DSC06881.jpg

I can now keep track of what cables are for what! Quite handy when all the cables are braided LOL!

DSC06884.jpg

DSC06885.jpg

DSC06913.jpg

Ill get some more recent pics up soon of the cables neat and tidy

Under the centre console got a seeing to as well

DSC07151.jpg

DSC07155.jpg

DSC07153.jpg

45meters....YES FOURTY FIVE meters of 1/0 Knu Konceptz Fleks cable!!!!

IMG_2706.jpg

IMG_2710.jpg

The idea behind the 0g, is basically 4 runs of 0g positive from front to back, and 2 maybe 3 runs of 0g negative front to back to! This is to keep up with the current supply of 3 maybe 4 210a alternators charging at 16-17v!

Ill get some pics of the alts up in a second...they are just repetitive to be honest as I was messing around with a friends SLR camera at the time so thought I would have a play!

Also for those electrically minded...you will probably notice that I have the main fuse holder, which is then connected to a smaller fuse holder beside it...its connected with 20a cable however will never pull that much current...

The smaller fuse box will only be running things like processer (epicenter), rear view camera, parking sensors, remote relay etc etc so should never even see more than approx 10a if that!

Back to the alts!

IMG_2577.jpg

IMG_2582.jpg

IMG_2566.jpg

IMG_2565.jpg

IMG_2562.jpg

IMG_2558.jpg

IMG_2557.jpg

IMG_2553.jpg

IMG_2551.jpg

IMG_2547.jpg

teamSPB

lmao when i looked at the alts i instantly thought of piranhas. The pulley on the alternator has the inside toothed or w/e. Looks aggressive ... I guess as aggressive as an alt can get lol. Keep up the good work.

312tzpu.png

My 02 Accord Wall Build

2 Sundown Audio Nightshade V1 18s --- 1 SAZ 3500

Sundown Audio 100.4 --- 4 Sundown Audio Neo-Pro 8s

Sundown Audio 125.2 --- 2 Morel MD-12 Tweeters , 2 Selenium ST-200 Tweeters

DC Power 270xp --- 4 XS Power D1200s | 1 D5100R

Looking good man! That thing is a riot, never thought I would see one of those mini's decked the hell out! :D Get the birds in the windows ;)

If at first you do not succeed, you are doing it wrong! -ARS
UnderLoK-Tanq-SMD-Forum-resized.jpg
Check out my walled TBSS build over here
4 Fi Team 18s on 2 Cactus K9
DS18 doors on 2 MBQ 1Ks, Vifa pillars on a STL4.500
Pioneer X8500
6 XS Power D7500, 1 3400S
Second Skin
2 270a Mechman Alts

Archived