4 Ascendant SMD 18's, 36kwrms!! - teamSPB Project D*FN U...NEW UPDATES! 9kwrms PER SMD!!

A small update from today....didnt get alot of work done as had a number of other cars in to...basically stripped out the rear old amp rack and started the framwork for the new one...and thats about it LOL!!

Old amp rack coming out

IMG_1217.jpg

After alot of trial and error with angles etc etc, we finally got the timber cut to the angles we wanted everything to be sat at!

IMG_1221.jpg

IMG_1218.jpg

Amps will be placed like so

IMG_1220.jpg

IMG_1223.jpg

As it stands tonight

IMG_1222.jpg

Hopefully crack on with it tomorrow!

teamSPB

Another update...been working on the new amp racks...finally got everything offered up...still lots of work to do but as its so cold outisde I thought I would update where I am so far!

Back end stripped out

IMG_1222.jpg

Using the timber from the last pic set, I made these

IMG_1225.jpg

Offered up in place and secured

IMG_1228.jpg

MDF was then cut into strips and carpeted

IMG_1234.jpg

IMG_1236.jpg

Then screwed into place

IMG_1238.jpg

IMG_1239.jpg

IMG_1240-1.jpg

Speaker cable was again cut...note, ALL speaker lengths are the same size...all within 2mm of eachother!

IMG_1224.jpg

IMG_1227.jpg

Subs all wired to show amps 1ohm load

IMG_1230.jpg

Amps offered up

IMG_1241.jpg

One thing I LOVE about the SPL D amps, is their ability to turn the logos around...

IMG_1243.jpg

IMG_1244.jpg

IMG_1245.jpg

IMG_1246.jpg

IMG_1248.jpg

IMG_1247.jpg

Now when you stand at the back, the SPL Dynamics logo will always be facing u! Its the little details that count! lol!

Amps wired up

IMG_1249.jpg

Blue lights mean we are in business!!!

IMG_1267.jpg

Day stopped play here

IMG_1270.jpg

teamSPB

Also, if you havent voted already, then please check out http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/95311-december-2010-sotm-vote-sponsored-by-audiosavings-bonus-cash-for-2nd-3rd-place/page__pid__1315917__st__80entry1315917 and vote for 'teamSPB'!!!

And another note...the amps were wired up just to ensure they are working A-OK...hence no fuses etc...next time im in the garage, all the batteries will be stripped out and the new batteries will be laid out etc

teamSPB

I want to see more

xspower.jpg

ShowImage-1.jpg

Had an estimate of 6400 for an alpine/clarion setup dealer said it "should" hit around 160db with the custom boxes he was going to make for me..doubtful with so much area to move but, budget is way below that :( any ideas on cheaper brands for that kind of Spl setup? really didnt want to try any Boss or soundstorm, thinking Quantum figure around $150 per speaker "$1800 total" and $1700 to power it, first actual big setup for the van.

New MEMPHIS CAR AUDIO build

4 15s Memphis C3

2 xs power D3100

1 xs power d3400

custom fiberglass door pannel

and lots more

My Build

Archived