keepinitloud Posted July 24, 2010 Report Posted July 24, 2010 reverse mount the sub angle back might be able to fire it forward then 06 chrysler 300C Hemi one mmatts dreadnaut 15 powered by a planet audio vx 2200d fosgate p200 running planet audio 8" midbass drivers and super compression tweeters stock battery and a stinger spv44 Irragi 300 amp alternator big 3 1/0 http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/55075-system-in-my-300c/page__view__findpost__p__763656__fromsearch__1
chapo123 Posted July 25, 2010 Author Report Posted July 25, 2010 bump. and sorry cant fire sub and port foward.. sub HAS to be up.. Steve I don't know why but everytime I see your new paint I want a Dr. Pepper...... is this normal? heres an analogy for you. running a high power stereo without a fuse is like having unprotected sex with that hot chick at the bar with the sketchy sexual history. Sure you may be fine and nothing happens but that one time something does happen you're fucked. i dont want woofer broke like bass sound clip clip and voice coil overheat 2 sa12s, saz1500 build log http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/91183-chapo123s-sundown-build-log/page__gopid__1250604entry1250604
steven Posted July 25, 2010 Report Posted July 25, 2010 well if the sub has to be up then sub up port firing towards the side like noob described.
chapo123 Posted July 25, 2010 Author Report Posted July 25, 2010 really? why? its a trunk car..? thought that was only good for like hatchbacks? Steve I don't know why but everytime I see your new paint I want a Dr. Pepper...... is this normal? heres an analogy for you. running a high power stereo without a fuse is like having unprotected sex with that hot chick at the bar with the sketchy sexual history. Sure you may be fine and nothing happens but that one time something does happen you're fucked. i dont want woofer broke like bass sound clip clip and voice coil overheat 2 sa12s, saz1500 build log http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/91183-chapo123s-sundown-build-log/page__gopid__1250604entry1250604
steven Posted July 25, 2010 Report Posted July 25, 2010 really? why? its a trunk car..? thought that was only good for like hatchbacks? hatches are usually best with sub up port back or sub forward port back.
chapo123 Posted July 25, 2010 Author Report Posted July 25, 2010 then why sub up port to the side? its a trunk lol Steve I don't know why but everytime I see your new paint I want a Dr. Pepper...... is this normal? heres an analogy for you. running a high power stereo without a fuse is like having unprotected sex with that hot chick at the bar with the sketchy sexual history. Sure you may be fine and nothing happens but that one time something does happen you're fucked. i dont want woofer broke like bass sound clip clip and voice coil overheat 2 sa12s, saz1500 build log http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/91183-chapo123s-sundown-build-log/page__gopid__1250604entry1250604
Integra_boomer Posted July 29, 2010 Report Posted July 29, 2010 then why sub up port to the side? its a trunk lol I would do sub up and port back,i found that port forward in a trunk dosent seem as loud as port back, unless u seal it off like the other guy said. Im in your same situation tho, my sub HAS to be up to because my trunks a tite b**** that can only fit 13" tall. 1995 Integra GSR (DB8) Pioneer 3200-DVD 6.5 rockford fosgate 2-way fronts 6.5 rockford fosgate 3-way rear saz-3000D (2) 12" SA-12s
dharris2488 Posted March 19, 2014 Report Posted March 19, 2014 then why sub up port to the side? its a trunk lolI would do sub up and port back,i found that port forward in a trunk dosent seem as loud as port back, unless u seal it off like the other guy said. Im in your same situation tho, my sub HAS to be up to because my trunks a tite b**** that can only fit 13" tall. If I sound deaden my trunk with Butyl, then will that kill most of my rattles? I have (2) P3 15" that I want to port in my Camry. Only way to do this is to have sub up. Not sure to fire port in car or toward back. Well, now I see fire port to the side! Hmmmm.... Why this always got to be so damn difficult??? lol I hope we get a solid answer to the OP question, so I can go build my new box soon. Impatience is a B!!!! 2013 Toyota Camry SE 240a MechMan HO Alternator 1/0 Welding Flex Cable Big 3 CT Sounds 4000.1D Kenwood XR400-4 Mid/High Amp SoundQubed Q4-120 Mid Amp Infinity Kappa 6.5 components Kappa 6x9's for rear deck fill (coming out) (4) 8" PRV 8MB450's Set of SoundQubed SuperTweets (2) DSS Ethos 12's D2's @32.5hz (building 4th order enclosure) (2) SQ HDC3 10's @ 33.5hz (current build, loving them) Pioneer AVH-X4600BT 100 sq/ft Stinger RoadKill Sound Deadner 120 sq/ft QMat Sound Deadener (4) Juice Box Black Cherries Lots and Lots of feet of SHCA wire, along with 50' of Welding 1/0 2 Runs of 1/0 Positive front to back ToolMaker Everywhere
BassDoctor Posted March 19, 2014 Report Posted March 19, 2014 then why sub up port to the side? its a trunk lolI would do sub up and port back,i found that port forward in a trunk dosent seem as loud as port back, unless u seal it off like the other guy said. Im in your same situation tho, my sub HAS to be up to because my trunks a tite b**** that can only fit 13" tall. If I sound deaden my trunk with Butyl, then will that kill most of my rattles? I have (2) P3 15" that I want to port in my Camry. Only way to do this is to have sub up. Not sure to fire port in car or toward back. Well, now I see fire port to the side! Hmmmm.... Why this always got to be so damn difficult??? lol I hope we get a solid answer to the OP question, so I can go build my new box soon. Impatience is a B!!!! Hey mate, this thread is rather old. I've recently deadened my trunk using Second Skin Damplifier, it was very easy to work with. I'd recommend giving it a look. If subs must be up, why don't you try porting to the side and see how you like it. 04 Honda Accord LX Sedan Kenwood Excelon X998 XS Power D3400 XS Power D1200 Singer 275A alternator with factory bypass 64 sqft SecondSkin Damplifier Build to be decided
dharris2488 Posted March 25, 2014 Report Posted March 25, 2014 then why sub up port to the side? its a trunk lolI would do sub up and port back,i found that port forward in a trunk dosent seem as loud as port back, unless u seal it off like the other guy said. Im in your same situation tho, my sub HAS to be up to because my trunks a tite b**** that can only fit 13" tall. If I sound deaden my trunk with Butyl, then will that kill most of my rattles? I have (2) P3 15" that I want to port in my Camry. Only way to do this is to have sub up. Not sure to fire port in car or toward back. Well, now I see fire port to the side! Hmmmm.... Why this always got to be so damn difficult??? lol I hope we get a solid answer to the OP question, so I can go build my new box soon. Impatience is a B!!!! Hey mate, this thread is rather old. I've recently deadened my trunk using Second Skin Damplifier, it was very easy to work with. I'd recommend giving it a look. If subs must be up, why don't you try porting to the side and see how you like it. Sorry about that, I was and still am new to this site. It didn't even occur to me to look at the date! DUH!!! Thanks for answering my question though. I think I will give it a go, firing the ports to the side... 2013 Toyota Camry SE 240a MechMan HO Alternator 1/0 Welding Flex Cable Big 3 CT Sounds 4000.1D Kenwood XR400-4 Mid/High Amp SoundQubed Q4-120 Mid Amp Infinity Kappa 6.5 components Kappa 6x9's for rear deck fill (coming out) (4) 8" PRV 8MB450's Set of SoundQubed SuperTweets (2) DSS Ethos 12's D2's @32.5hz (building 4th order enclosure) (2) SQ HDC3 10's @ 33.5hz (current build, loving them) Pioneer AVH-X4600BT 100 sq/ft Stinger RoadKill Sound Deadner 120 sq/ft QMat Sound Deadener (4) Juice Box Black Cherries Lots and Lots of feet of SHCA wire, along with 50' of Welding 1/0 2 Runs of 1/0 Positive front to back ToolMaker Everywhere
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.