Sonic Electronix

Okay I was wondering weather if I should get 2 DC Audio Level 3 15's sealed in a 3.4 cubic ft box or 2 DC Audio Level 3 12's ported in a 3.4 cubic ft box tuned to 35 hz after displacement.I want to be able to hit at least a 142 sealed on the dash. I will be putting 1200 watts rms to either setup.

My Car Audio Setup:

Sub: 1 RE Audio HC 15 Dual 2 ohm(soon to get a psi recone)

Daily Sub Box: 1.62 cubes net with 2 dayton audio 8 inch passive radiators tuned to 34.35 hz, 141.9 @ 48 hz sealed on the dash with termlab

Competition Sub Box: 3.10 cubic ft. net tuned to 50.58 hz with 2 6 inch aeroports, 147.9 @ 62 hz sealed on the dash with termlab

Amp: Powerbass ASA 1000.1 Dx(eventually gonna get a planet audio bb2400.1)

Big 3: Phoenix Gold 1/0 Gauge

Amp Wire: Knukoncepts 1/0 gauge

Alternator: Stock 90 amp

Battery Under the hood: Autocraft Gold Top Battery

Battery In Back: None for now but I am looking for one so pm me if you have one for sale

HU: Pioneer DEH-2900MP

Front/Rear Amp: Hifonics Txi-4408 4 channel amp

Front Speakers: Orion Cobalt 6.5 coaxial

Rear Deck Speakers: Orion Cobalt 6x9 coaxial

Home Audio Setup:

Speakers:2 Cerwin Vega D-3's (10" Woofer,5 1/4" mid-range,1" Bullet Dome Tweeter)

2 Cerwin Vega D-5's (12" Directed Audio Xtreme 124SX Subwoofer,5 1/4 mid-range,1" Bullet Dome Tweeter)Kenwood center channel and rears.

Amp: 2 Kenwood KM-105's from 1985

Receiver: JVC RX-6008V 5.1 Channel Receiver

Pre-Amp: Kenwood KC-993

Sub: still looking for one thinking about getting a 18 or 15 for my sub to hit the lows if anyone has one pm me

I do free box designs if anyone is interested

Id say do two 12"s give you some more wiggle room to move the box around and the subs wont get in the way if you get what i mean and if your putting 1.2k to two 12"s they might hit harder then the 15"s since the cone is smaller

do you think i would be hitting in the 140's with the 12's ported?

My Car Audio Setup:

Daily Sub Box: 1.62 cubes net with 2 dayton audio 8 inch passive radiators tuned to 34.35 hz, 141.9 @ 48 hz sealed on the dash with termlab

Competition Sub Box: 3.10 cubic ft. net tuned to 50.58 hz with 2 6 inch aeroports, 147.9 @ 62 hz sealed on the dash with termlab

Battery In Back: None for now but I am looking for one so pm me if you have one for sale

Home Audio Setup:

Speakers:2 Cerwin Vega D-3's (10" Woofer,5 1/4" mid-range,1" Bullet Dome Tweeter)

2 Cerwin Vega D-5's (12" Directed Audio Xtreme 124SX Subwoofer,5 1/4 mid-range,1" Bullet Dome Tweeter)Kenwood center channel and rears.

Sub: still looking for one thinking about getting a 18 or 15 for my sub to hit the lows if anyone has one pm me

Grrrr. There's no way for Anyone to know how loud it will be. In a suv that's possible, in a truck it's possible, but in a car you would likely still be in the 30's DB range. And ported over sealed

2013 F150 Crew Cab

Old Build Log

Feedback

2013 F150

Equipment - Some Awesome Stereo Sound Making Stuff

Yes i would definitely go with the 12's. You shouldnt have a problem getting into the 140's . I was able to get into the 50's with a single 12 in my old 96 accord bro its all about the box and playing with it in the trunk to find out where its the loudest and sounds the best

Team MaxRetribution

Si Vis Pacem Parabellum
Id rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6

Bowhunting- Life Begins and Ends at Full Draw

Bowhunting Team Fatal Trajectory Hunt Team

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/49335-sick96vtecaccords-t-line-build/?hl=sick96vtecaccord << Accord Build

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/68498-smokedout08impalas-tline-build/?hl=+sick96vtecaccord << Impala T-line build

Rebassed.com for all your music needs 👌

Grrrr. There's no way for Anyone to know how loud it will be. In a suv that's possible, in a truck it's possible, but in a car you would likely still be in the 30's DB range. And ported over sealed

There is no way he will only be in the 30's man. Im in the 130's right now with a single 8 on 100 watts in my 08 impala.

Team MaxRetribution

Si Vis Pacem Parabellum

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/49335-sick96vtecaccords-t-line-build/?hl=sick96vtecaccord << Accord Build

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/68498-smokedout08impalas-tline-build/?hl=+sick96vtecaccord << Impala T-line build

12s just because you can port and tune to your liking

take baby steps, u cant do it all at once unless u have a roll of 100's big enough to choke a donkey

1998 Chevy Venture "Swagger Wagon"

Kenwood Excelon KDC-X994 Headunit

3 15" Alpine Type R's in seperate T-Lines

1 RF T1500-1bd for 2 of the 15s

1 RF P1000-1bd for the single 15

3 sets of Hifonics Zeus ZXi6.5C Components( 1 more set to come for Front stage)

1 Hifonics HFi100.4 4-channel amp

Stock alt for now (DC HO SPL 400A when funds come in,currently working on buying this)

Stock battery and one Optima Redtop for now (looking at XS batteries)

3 15" Alpine Type R's (aka Swagger Wagon Build 1.0)

Swagger Wagon Build 2.0

Youtube Videos

There is no way he will only be in the 30's man. Im in the 130's right now with a single 8 on 100 watts in my 08 impala.

cool so i guess i'm going with the 12's. and should i tune to 36 hz with about 12 sq inches of port area per cubic ft and the box is 3 cubes after displacement. i kinda wanted to tune high for spl and since most of the music i listen to is rock i figured that would be a good tuning frequency.

My Car Audio Setup:

Home Audio Setup:

Try to stay under 40 Hz. I would tune to like 34 if it was me but thats just me. But wish you good luck with your build and keep up informed on how its coming along. BTW great choice on woofers

Team MaxRetribution

Si Vis Pacem Parabellum

Yes i would definitely go with the 12's. You shouldnt have a problem getting into the 140's . I was able to get into the 50's with a single 12 in my old 96 accord bro its all about the box and playing with it in the trunk to find out where its the loudest and sounds the best

what 12 did you have?? lol and how much power were you running to it?

My Car Audio Setup:

Home Audio Setup: