Sonic Electronix

nothing wrong with the ap amps. yes there not sundown amps or other high dollar amps but they do very good for what they are. go look at any thread about ap amps and ericr is in there talkin shit about something he knows nothing about cuz he NEVER ran one. yes they are not the cleanest power but they push out good power with decent voltage. not everybody has money like ericr to spend on audio stuff so we settle for what we can get and my choice was the 1500d and i have no issues out of it and i love it. if its in your price range then get it. also post a link to the 1000d's cuz the 1500 and 3000 ap amps have been tested with good results idk about the 1000

Keep my name out your mouth boy. You don't know me.

i was thinking leave the 12 sitting in the box in the hole and duck tape from the bottom of the sub to the bottom of the baffle so the sub doesnt free air. would that work?

I think the reason he brought your name up is, in every thread where something you dont like is, you spout off about sundown, even if sundown is double the price of what they are asking about... NOT everyone has $ to spend 600$ on 1 3000 watt amp...

but ill say this, Soundigital and stetsom > sundown, since everyone has a hard on for sundown...

yep i said it...

edit

yes we know audiopipe is cheap

yes we know sundown is expensive

yes we know audiopipe doesnt use the best parts in the world, but not the worst either...

yes we know sundown uses almost the best parts available...

IT IS NOT THAT HARD TO FIGURE OUT

so unless you can post the amp for the same power, in the pricerange the OP says... dont post dump... its not that hard.. we know you all hate fucking audiopipe... you dont have to tell us how much better sundown is

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

ericr: then quit post dumping and talkin shit in everybodys thread when you know nothing about the product. we all know you hate audiopipe

op: the audiopipe 3000d will give you what you want as long as you stay at 2 ohms or above. if you get 6 dual 2 ohm subs you can have an ohm load of about 2.66 ohms and that would work fine on the 3000d

2015 silverado crew cab

nothing atm but soon...

Please explain to me how informing the OP about my opinion on an amp is post dumping. Don't worry, I'll wait for it.

i was thinking leave the 12 sitting in the box in the hole and duck tape from the bottom of the sub to the bottom of the baffle so the sub doesnt free air. would that work?

because the only thing you can say is *audiopipe is shit... you say the internals suck... but for 300, what can you find thats better? your comparing a 600$ amp most of the time to a 300$ one... which is retarded... like i said before, there is a hell of alot better than your precious sundown

so unless you can generally give a amp in the price range that the OP will say, dont post dump stupid ass shit.. which is what you do..

for under 400$ the AP is actually a decent amp, when you get the $ to really spend, yes, of course sundown is better, but not everyone has sundown money, which is what you fail to realize... people make due with what they can get.. and audiopipe does damn near rated..

if you want to keep comparing amps, how about your precious sundown 4500s price vs my stetsom 7k2ds price... same price and stetsom is a hell of alot more powerful... but wait, its not made with sundown materials so it sucks....

oh, you will come back with saying it fries tinsels... guess what i tried to fry my tinsels... couldnt do it...after almost 6 months of abuse from my stetsom and my tinsels still look brand new... so you can throw that out the window...

honestly, if all you are going to do is post dump, stop posting in these threads...

Team DC Audio

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

sorry to add to all this but i have to...

1st off sundown does NOT use the best parts. do a search for the brand of caps they use and you will find tons of people talking about how shitty they are and how they blow up for "no reason". they are used in samsung TV power supplies and seem to be a high failure point.

about AP. just because someone uses a product and loves it doesnt mean it is good. my 1st amp was a legacy and i loved it. how many people have never used one and know its crap? probably all of you and so do i now.

i think eric's (and my) opinion on AP is mostly the lack of proof. anyone that has an AP amp, just get yourself a clamp meter and see how well they really do. or if anyone is close to me ill clamp it. im very interested to see how they do. until i see testing i have no proof that they are not crap.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

if you find one clamp it bro, im also curious to see what these amps can do, never really seen/heard any one clamp an ap before?? prolly just haven't searched hard enough most forum's search button is useless except smd's of course :good:

Yo despues que las asomo... papa tu sabes como es que somos esto es flores pa los muertos y pa' mis enemigos plomo la 9 nunca se turba cuando bajan por la curva no es que yo no salga es que ustedes no entran pa la urba de humacao - Cosculluela.

Can always ask Bigpimpin91 to clamp his...

or you can talk to

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/user/21229-johncarr/

he runs APs and seems to be pretty damn loud with them...

Johncarr

Team Audiopipe

Team Punisher

Fort Worth, Texas

Audiopipe Punisher Van

New late 08' SB5 Setup built:

8 x Audiopipe 3000D's Amps 08' Black

8 x Audiopipe 15" TXX-APX-15B Black Subs

StreetBeat 5 USACI 08' World Finals run 158.9 db

with Triple Six Mafia~Ridin in the Chevy

Old New Amps

2 x Audiopipe 3000D's 07' Silver Amps

162db @ 72hz for 2007

vansmallavatar.jpg

quote taken from caco on a AP3k thread

So tonight we took a few hours and sdelthon and myself did some testing on one of my Audiopipe AP3000Ds, I havent clamped one of these for some time now, and wanted to do a nice lil test and result page about them!!

Car used sdelthons 94 T-Bird

Deck used Sony CDX-GT63UIW 2volt preouts

Stock ALT

1 run of 1/0 Audiopipe power

2 Treo SSX100Bs and a Treo SSX75B

1 Ap3000D

2 Treo SSPs 10s dual 2s reading slightly different, final ohm load before rise coming out at 3ohms

Ohm Load calculated after imp rise

So after 2 hrs of play time and a weak charging system the amp is still very strong, and if we could hold in that 14volt range at 2-2.5ohms we will be able to get all of 3kw+ like rated then some, so for $299shipped with warranty these are the best amps on the market for the money, and ill be running 4 of them!!!

Audiopipe AP3000s Amp gain lil below half

Test#1

Resting voltage-12.50volts

Voltage drop-11.6volts

Power-2014.32rms wattage

Ohm load-3.77

Amps Voltage-87.2

Amp Current-23.1

50hz test tone

Deck sublevel at +6 out of 10

Volume 30/50

Test #2

Resting voltage-13.88

Voltage drop-12.5volts

Power-2489rms wattage

Ohm load-3.6

Amps Voltage-95.0

Amp Current-26.2

50hz test tone

Deck sublevel at 10 out of 10

Volume 30/50

Amp gain lil over 1/2

Test #3

Resting voltage-13.83

Voltage drop-12.5

Power-2675.34rms wattage

Ohm load-3.7ohm

Amps Voltage-100.2

Amp Current-26.7

50hz test tone

Volume 30/50

Final test with video

Resting voltage-13.66

Voltage drop-12.4

Power-2525.95rms wattage

Ohm load-4.208

Amps Voltage-103.1

Amp Current-24.5

50hz test tone

Volume 35/50

Team DC Audio

wait... they are rated at 1ohm to do 3000w but he got 2600w at 3.7ohm and 12.5v? :bull:

something doesnt add up.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

Archived