Sonic Electronix

Hey everyone, just here for quite a bit of advice haha. I'm new to the car audio scene but have always loved the sound and the feeling of the bass vibrating haha.

I currently have a black 2002 Mitsubishi Mirage and need some help setting up a decent system. Not for competition use, unless my budget is able to get me competition specs (Which I doubt :P). My budget is only around $2000-$2500 unfortunately. I have in my car a Kenwood BT7539U deck, a coustic 4 channel amp and a 12" kicker comp sub and box. Basically I just got these because someone told me they were decent haha, so I don't even really know the output of them. Unfortunately I only have stock speakers which are extremely annoying as hell because they crackle when they it gets loud.

I have been browsing around the forum for hours upon hours and figure you guys know what you are talking about :P, so just looking for some advice on what to either add to my system, or if it's shit what I can replace it with. Thanks for your time guys.

P.S. I am also from Australia so I don't know many American brands and don't know if I'd be able to get things sent over from America.

I can also upload any pictures if anyone needs to see the car

Edited by The_Hard_road

So are you looking to redo your entire setup or are you looking to just add interior speakers?? once you let me know what it is your looking to do we can get a better idea of what you need bro

By the way welcome to the forum and there is a plethora of great information here to be had.

Team MaxRetribution

Si Vis Pacem Parabellum
Id rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6

Bowhunting- Life Begins and Ends at Full Draw

Bowhunting Team Fatal Trajectory Hunt Team

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/49335-sick96vtecaccords-t-line-build/?hl=sick96vtecaccord << Accord Build

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/68498-smokedout08impalas-tline-build/?hl=+sick96vtecaccord << Impala T-line build

Rebassed.com for all your music needs 👌

Depends really mate, if the sub I have now is decent, then I'll probably get another one of the same subs to chuck in the boot with it, but if it ain't worth keeping I'll replace it with something better. The amp I have now I'll use for my speakers and I'll get another amp for the subs. I'll probably buy some Alpine R type speakers this weekend so speakers won't be a problem, and the deck I don't mind too much.

Basically I need to know if the sub I have now is worth keeping and getting another one, or if not, what a decent sub to replace it with is. Also need to know what a decent amp would be to run the subs off would be and anything else I can add to the car to make it even louder, like extra subs in the back or something.

Thanksfor the welcome too by the way, will be sure to check it all out :D

Edited by The_Hard_road

So our budget is 2 to 2.5 grand?

That's plenty what are you looking for.

Some people could care less about who the genius is that is making the product... They just want to get it cheap and say "derrrr, look at teh pretty lights in muh dash!"

Because audio is a lifestyle not a hobby.

Things that I am allergic too....

1. Haters
  2. Bitch Notes

Depends really mate, if the sub I have now is decent, then I'll probably get another one of the same subs to chuck in the boot with it, but if it ain't worth keeping I'll replace it with something better. The amp I have now I'll use for my speakers and I'll get another amp for the subs. I'll probably buy some Alpine R type speakers this weekend so speakers won't be a problem, and the deck I don't mind too much.

Basically I need to know if the sub I have now is worth keeping and getting another one, or if not, what a decent sub to replace it with is. Also need to know what a decent amp would be to run the subs off would be and anything else I can add to the car to make it even louder, like extra subs in the back or something.

Thanksfor the welcome too by the way, will be sure to check it all out :D

compared to a type r, the kicker aint shit man, i had a 10" kicker and then went to 2 10" type r's, way better! , id definetly go with the type r's.

2 15´s without even knowing if he has the space for a proper box???

You are barely starting, but you have to think on the future, it kinds of suck when you get use to your system and want more (maybe a month old for me haha) and you didn´t take precautions about it; i would get some very good and loud speakers, nice small subs and a good amplifier with some nice power for an upgrade :peepwall:

Something like:

4 Powerbass 4xl 6.5" mids (if they fit on the doors): 160$

4 Cadence CVL tweeters, i had a pair and they sound awesome : 140$

Leave the poweracoustik for the tweeters and buy a nice cheap amp for the mids, i use Almani and that shit it´s great for the price.

Almani 800.4 : 120$

For the moment, you spent 420$ and you are set with the mids/highs and you have room for upgrade on the future :peepwall:

Then, i would get some Alpine Type R´s , those subs pound hard for the price!! I dunno you available space, but i don´t think it would be too difficult for you to fit 2 12´s on that trunk, i would get a big ass box with a low tuning, so you can change to a top line subs whenever you want and still play nice without changing the box.

2 Alpine Type R´s 12" DVC 4 ohms: 250$

About the amplifier for the subs, there´s so many nice options that it´s more difficult to give you an opinion, in my case, i LOVE hifonics brutus amps, they are way to cheap for the power they can give you, i would get a bxi2610D for 310$ brand new and you can buy another one on the future and strapp them for an upgrade.

Bxi2610D : 310$

So far, 980$ and that shit is pounding VERY NICE, a lot of money to build a nice box, wires, RCA´s , even a nice Kinetik or Powermaster battery and maybe a better alternator!!

Or you can just forget about upgrading later and build a monster setup right now,but imo if you are learning about this, i would just build something like i told you on this thread :peepwall:

I´m the SPL Gains topic creator!! wanna get louder?? check this: SPL Gains. Panamenian 2009 & 2010 & 2014 Bass Race 149.9 Champion!

2 15" subs and a 2K wired at 1 ohm, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167788-fecupe2001-2-15s-on-a-2k-video-on-page-3/

8 Massive 15" subs and small power, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179296-fecupe2001s-8-15s-4th-order-bandpass-wall/

listen to fecupe2001 mayne hes right on the ball i agree with everything he said and i think ull be more than happy with 2 type r's

hehe thanks man, maybe someone could make a better input than me, but after big3,wires, kinetik battery it would be a 1400$ system at the most, and that thing should play loud and nice, i built a car about 2 months ago with something similar, he was hitting 144 dbs on the TL without any problems and getting low as hell!

I´m the SPL Gains topic creator!! wanna get louder?? check this: SPL Gains. Panamenian 2009 & 2010 & 2014 Bass Race 149.9 Champion!

2 15" subs and a 2K wired at 1 ohm, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167788-fecupe2001-2-15s-on-a-2k-video-on-page-3/

8 Massive 15" subs and small power, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179296-fecupe2001s-8-15s-4th-order-bandpass-wall/