R_Mac_1 Posted July 26, 2010 Report Posted July 26, 2010 Wire them normal, play your system and then reverse them (or switch the phase on your amp or sub out on your HU) and see which sounds better. If one way sounds noticeably better, leave it that way. The way I understand it is having all your speakers truly wired in phase does not always mean they are in acoustic phase (I think that's the term). For example, the woofers on my components lacked bass so I reversed the phase on just one of them and it sounds much better. They are out of phase from each other, but sound much better. 2002 Pontiac Bonneville SSEi Pioneer DEH-P6000UB Alpine SPX-17REF 6.5" components (active) Sundown SAX-50.4 Sundown z15 (3 cubes @ 35 hz) Sundown SAX-1200D 2006 Buick Rainier CXL AWD V8 Stock Bose system 12" Alpine Type E in aeroported box Profile AP1000M
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.