Sundown Audio

1 ohm ratings

corteznewbie

i was wondering how to get the power rating of a amp thats 1 ohm stable. i know part of the rating is amps x volts. now is that how you get total power or that just at 4 ohms? and is there a formula for more power at 1 ohm?

Team DBs (Driven By sound)

techforce_teamdbs.gif

The amp will pull more amps when wired at a lower ohm load, So you have to know how many amps your amp will pull when wired to 1 ohm then you have to factor in how efficient the amp is as well.

2012 silverado ext cab ltz

24" kmc rims

AudioQue 2200

Pioneer AppRadio

Alpine mrx f35 4 channel

Bose mids and highs

Iraggi Alt + stock alt in a DC power dual alternator kit

Yellowtop+stock under hood

0 gauge Knu wire

Big 3

4 gauge stinger (4 chan wiring)

3 DC 10'' LVL3 with LVL4 parts

i heard that if you take the fuses and add them up then multiply it by say 14v then it should give you somewhat of what the amps putting out....not accurate tho, best way would be with a clamp and a dmm to find the output of the amp...

i know that part. but is that the formula for total power or just total power at 2 or 4 ohms?

if you want to know how accurate your amp is, the only real way to tell is if you clamp it

AA-Atomic-Clif Designs-DC-Diamond-Digital Designs-Directed-Eclipse-Fi-Hertz-Hifonics-Kenwood-Memphis-Phoenix Gold-Pioneer-PPI-PSi-Stinger-Sundown-TC Sounds-Viper-Zapco

Archived