just took me about an hour and a half to read this whole thing but im damn glad i did you got yourself a nice bassmaker now :) awesome work!!!

I wanted a good entry level system...Kenwood KVT-512 7 inch touch screen.Went with alpine... 2 Type R 15's @ 4ohms powered by 2 MRP-M1000 amps, dual 2 farad caps, Type R 6x9's and 5x1/4's, Optima battery and HO Alt soon to come. All in the back off my 03 Pontilac bonneville. Simple but effective.

whatup man welcome to the quad-alt-club :)

here is a few pics that might help you. I tried to send this to your phone last night but you didnt respond so i figured u didnt get it or something.

its a shitty pic but this is where the bar goes. Im also putting a shot of the front of mine so you can see the way it is SUPPOSED to go...

Posted Image

Posted Image

All SMD products + MORE available at my store here! https://wccaraudio.com/ 
wc2022-red-black-whitebg_1667625898__08138.original.png.02e514af82dce531edf1aa4a36851c60.png

Subscribe to My Youtube Channel! Over 1,000,000 subscribers strong! Turn on your notifications!
http://www.youtube.com/meade916

Follow My Instagram! Daily live feeds from the shop, exclusive content way before it hits my Youtube channel...and little squares with photo's in them :D
http://www.instagram.com/meade916

The Official SMD Facebook fan Page
https://www.facebook.com/SteveMeadeDesigns/

Follow my Tweet (Twitter)
http://www.Twitter.com/meade916

Thanks! I went on a cruise last week and just got home a few hours ago. I got some kind of food poisoning and doubt I'll be messing with the car a few days (Man am I sick) but thanks so much for the pics!

I'll have to see if I can't get things going right. That top pulley though- does it bolt in to the alternator arm location, or is there a seperate threaded hole? Thanks again.

tejcurrent

XS Power

T3

I just got in my new MLA module, gotta represent missinglinkaudio.com.

He shipped it friday NIGHT and it got here Monday afternoon. Super quick shipping!

I don't know if this new "PRO" version is available yet, but it has a few features the original didn't/doesn't.

Switch from low voltage (14ish) to high voltage (15ish)- it's legal for all types of comps.

My factory idling voltage is 13.8v. Idling voltage is now 14.9-15v. I still need to charge my batts and then we'll how it sits.

The Iraggi alternators are supposed to be internally regulated at 14.7v, but at idle they were idling at 12.5-12.6 on there own.. discharging?

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I can't get over how good their customer service has been, and the product is great.

tejcurrent

XS Power

T3

Had to call in to work because I was sick, but I did a bit more with the module.

MLA actually sent me a text message to let me know I needed to hook up the extra wire (I didn't read the new directions and left that part out). Thats some customer service lol!

On the high setting I'm idling in the high 14v range. After revving the engine things drop down to about 14v but quickly raise back up (I think its the strain on the engine from all the alts+ pulleys). With a slight tap on the gas it shoots up to low-mid 15v (I saw 15.6 for a while). After driving like this for about 5 minutes I finally see my batteries charged up to over 13v with the car off. (they've been around 12.5 lately).

I only could crank up music for a minute, but man did that make a difference. My voltage appeared to be over 14.5 the whole time from what the analog meter read. Time to test again, maybe the medicine I'm taking will let me sit in it for a bit tomarrow.

tejcurrent

XS Power

T3

sick build man....i wish i had the extra cash to do shit like this to my hoe....one day it will happen lol. you got my vote for SOM. ;)

i was thinking leave the 12 sitting in the box in the hole and duck tape from the bottom of the sub to the bottom of the baffle so the sub doesnt free air. would that work?

sick build man....i wish i had the extra cash to do shit like this to my hoe....one day it will happen lol. you got my vote for SOM. ;)

Here's a pic from last week- went to the bahamas with the wife. Still reppin Fi ;)

The pic makes me look weird, but I was slouching lol..

Posted Image

tejcurrent

XS Power

T3

I might need to work on the hoe before I even install more stuff, it sounds like either the tensioner pulley is jumping, or one of the many bearings within a few inches of eachother has gone up (please god not an alternator).

When it's idling there's an almost grinding noise, but at 1000+rpms the noise goes away. >sigh< well, more fun.

I got some wire in though, a 50ft roll of kicker 1/0 weighs in at 23lbs.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I was thinking about it, there's two more rolls going in here for a grand total of about 200ft. I'll have about the equivalent weight to a kid riding under my carpet carring precious sweet current lol :lol:

tejcurrent

XS Power

T3

Archived