Sonic Electronix

Hey guys. Ive got my L7 running at 2 ohms on either a two channel amp thats bridgeable an stable at 2 ohms or a monblock amp. Its a kole 1920 watt amp. There is NO WAY that its pushin even close to that. Im only using 5 guage power and ground wire and 16 guage speaker wire. My question is, why in THE HELL would my L7 be smellin up??

2010 Civic SI sedan: Crystal Black Pearl

All stock.

they are known for that, check that your gains aint up all the way

REFF'S
My link
EBAY
http://feedback.ebay...ck&myworld=true
I love car audio so much because I will never be done. I can never win, and I will never get it finished or perfect. It always has me coming back for more, I can never get my fill of it, but I get what I need.

Im sure my gains arent up all the way. But i will check again when im off work. And it might be the enclosure. It is really fucking small for an L7. Im gonna build a bigger one soon

2010 Civic SI sedan: Crystal Black Pearl

All stock.

bridging at 2 ohms means each channel is seeing 1 ohm. very "ouch" on the amp and probably clipping the crap out of it. turn down the gain/bassboost or wire in series but not one coil to each channel.

Im sure my gains arent up all the way. But i will check again when im off work. And it might be the enclosure. It is really fucking small for an L7. Im gonna build a bigger one soon

your gain can be a quarter of the way up and still clipping the shit out of it...

if your bassboost is on, at all, you are probably clipping...

if your box is tuned to 45hz like almost every other prefab, and your playing 24-33hz notes... your prob free airing them then

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

1900w through 16awg? that would scare me.

your probably clipping.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.