Alright you guys quick question i have a leaky exhaust manifold on my jeep. Right at the collector weld... Was wondering if i used JB weld or a similar exhaust patch will it hold up temporally? Guys at autozone said it "should" just thought i would get a second opinion... This is by no means a permanent fix.. But i would like it to hold up for a month or so till i can gather the funds to buy a new one and replace it.

Edited by jeyrapboy

you'll be fine as long as it's applied well. it'll either last a few weeks or few years, no real way to tell other than just doing it.

if nothing changes, nothing changes

You don't know what you don't know, till you don't know

you'll be fine as long as it's applied well. it'll either last a few weeks or few years, no real way to tell other than just doing it.

Thats what i thought... As long as i clean it real good it should hold up...

They also make things specifically for fixing exhaust leaks like that. I used to have some that was a paste like tube that would go on similarly to jb weld and they also have wraps. Id say just check out a local auto parts store.

They also make things specifically for fixing exhaust leaks like that. I used to have some that was a paste like tube that would go on similarly to jb weld and they also have wraps. Id say just check out a local auto parts store.

Yea that what im talking about he said the paste stuff almost like JB weld and the there is this stuff you cut a piece and kneed it till its almost like silly puddy and slap it on.

• 3 weeks later...

Yea that what im talking about he said the paste stuff almost like JB weld and the there is this stuff you cut a piece and kneed it till its almost like silly puddy and slap it on.

mighty puddy?

edit: fuck i pulled a noob bump....

Edited by Kranny

mighty putty ftw. rip billy

apparently you dont get the fact that the subaru was wrapped around a pole. and by the status of your comment, im guessing your mouth is too.

Vehicle: 1997 Honda Civic EX

Exterior: 55w 5k Headlights and 35w 3k JDM Fogs. Lowered. Sittin on steelies right now

Amplifiers: Rockford Fosgate P450.4

Batteries: Kinetik HC 800

Electrical: Big 3 in 1/0

Enclosure: n/a : (

Headunit: Clarion VZ409

Mids/Highs: Pheonix Gold Rsd6.5's in the Front Doors

Subwoofers: n/a : (

Wire: Knukoncepts 1/0 and 4g

Future Upgrades: 20% tint all around, GC/Koni coilovers, body work (fml) lol

Alpine IDA-X200 Car Digital Media Receiver

AMP = power acoustik cpt1 2200d

SUBS = 3 re audio 10"