Second Skin Audio

What to use

infinity

Hey everyone! Im going to be building my box this weekend and i picked up this glue..... Its "Elmer's Probond Stainable wood glue. Is it strong enough to hold a 15" aq hdc3? Also should i use Wood screws or a nail gun?

Havent had any experience with that glue but Id take a couple small scrap pieces of wood and glue them together with it and test it out. Personally I would use screws, reason being nails can loosen, if the glue fails in a spot for any reason the flexing and vibrations could make the nails loosen up. Usually a screw will get you a bit tighter than nails too.

2012 silverado ext cab ltz

24" kmc rims

AudioQue 2200

Pioneer AppRadio

Alpine mrx f35 4 channel

Bose mids and highs

Iraggi Alt + stock alt in a DC power dual alternator kit

Yellowtop+stock under hood

0 gauge Knu wire

Big 3

4 gauge stinger (4 chan wiring)

3 DC 10'' LVL3 with LVL4 parts

No, in my opinion it was not strong enough for box usage. I always thought it was for like...bird houses

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

im in the middle of my box right now lol just taking a break, im using screws and woodglue, idk what kinda woodglue it is but oh well, just make sure you mesure 100000 times cut once, cuz im having to sand a shit ton inorder to get it to fit right

Legal TL scores145.6 on the dash sealed up in the low 40hz area with the port out145.5 on the dash sealed up @30hz with the port inless then 1k clamped on a 3.5k!

Why would you EVER WANT flex?
huh?...flex is what can make the lows lower and more air being pushed correct?
jeff_zps9bc81ace.jpg

me_zps0fb5a5b4.jpgMy FeedbackJeep-BuildlogPT LOSER buildlog

Havent had any experience with that glue but Id take a couple small scrap pieces of wood and glue them together with it and test it out. Personally I would use screws, reason being nails can loosen, if the glue fails in a spot for any reason the flexing and vibrations could make the nails loosen up. Usually a screw will get you a bit tighter than nails too.

Im gonna test the glue right now. I hope it works well =) dont wanna send money buying another glue :)

No, in my opinion it was not strong enough for box usage. I always thought it was for like...bird houses

Right now im testing the glue. If it sucks then i will buy another glue. Do you recommend any specific type of glue? If so, that will help

im in the middle of my box right now lol just taking a break, im using screws and woodglue, idk what kinda woodglue it is but oh well, just make sure you mesure 100000 times cut once, cuz im having to sand a shit ton inorder to get it to fit right

LOL i hate sanding as well! all the sand dust gets in your eyes and mouth! But i will measure 10000 times :)

Archived