Sonic Electronix

I'm going with what he said. If you're moving forward, you're leaving the sound behind.. Sure it's not THAT big a difference, but you also have to add your cabin noise. If you have a loud engine, it's in front of you, so the sound is coming at you, pushing your sub noise back even more. Makes sense to me.

ONE more question. I tuned my amp (Alpine MRP-M500) by using a deep bass song called "Bass Boy". The bass is deep and I turned my gain up about halfway between "Nominal" and the highest setting (I turned it down to 0 before I started, with my volume at 75%.) Is that fine if I just used that way to set the gain?

I'm going with what he said. If you're moving forward, you're leaving the sound behind.. Sure it's not THAT big a difference, but you also have to add your cabin noise. If you have a loud engine, it's in front of you, so the sound is coming at you, pushing your sub noise back even more. Makes sense to me.

I'm having a difficult time explaining it in a way that makes since, but, the fact that the car is moving doesn't matter. Everything in the vehicle that is accelerating is ONLY relative to the inside of the vehicle. Inside the vehicle the speed of sound is still 768 miles per hour. You aren't leaving the sound waves behind because the car is accelerating, because EVERYTHING in the car is accelerating, not just the mass of the vehicle itself, but sound waves included. Hope that makes since. It might be a power issue.

Edited by Dub7Banger

Warning, you are taking advice from a noob with 0 install experience at this point, any advice I give is strictly based on information gathered via the intrawebz and lots of forum surfing over a period of 2 months

If you are considering buying a DC Level 5, do it. Don't think about it, just do it. It'll work.

go to lowes get bricks wait in yard. throw said brick at vehicle. If thats me and that just happened to me Im going looking for him after that.

1. Goto lowes

2. Get some bricks

3. ???

4. PROFIT!!

Profit from everything. LOVE ideas like this. xD

well, to me it would make more sense that when your moving, the car is using power. making it work harder...make anything work harder and it has to produce more power in order to do so. if your alt is going, then its not charging your battery well. If your battery is gettin older, it might be not able to hold a good amount of charge to keep up with both the amp and the engine. so yes, I would agree its a power issue.

AA-Atomic-Clif Designs-DC-Diamond-Digital Designs-Directed-Eclipse-Fi-Hertz-Hifonics-Kenwood-Memphis-Phoenix Gold-Pioneer-PPI-PSi-Stinger-Sundown-TC Sounds-Viper-Zapco

Alright, if it's a power issue, and I just got a new regular new battery (normal for cars, nothing over the top), it's probably my alternator not sending enough juice to everything?

easiest way to tell is to get a voltmeter and see what your voltage is doing.

AA-Atomic-Clif Designs-DC-Diamond-Digital Designs-Directed-Eclipse-Fi-Hertz-Hifonics-Kenwood-Memphis-Phoenix Gold-Pioneer-PPI-PSi-Stinger-Sundown-TC Sounds-Viper-Zapco