Sonic Electronix

Hey there guys!

So I posted a few posts already about my soon to be system which is going to be 2 Fi Bl 15's running on an AQ2200 amp. But I also noticed the prices are .... expensive for a 16 year old. Haha. So I was wondering, what makes Fi's stand out ? Like, my friend has 2 15's running on 2.6k watts and he got his system for 700$? How will Fi's stand out better than his subs since I'm paying 1,000$. Like, if it's going to be the same, can't I buy the same of his and pay less? Like, I am confused. Because Fi's are really expensive. So... I'm confused.

MOB-MOBILE: 2005 Honda Accord 5-Speed System: (1) Sundown Audio SA-15 (1) MB Quart ONX1.1500D (1) Kenwood KDC-248U

Speakers:

-Rear Dash: (2) Clarion SRQ6932R 6x9's SOLD

New MOB-MOBILE:

2011 G37S Sedan

System:
TBD

Instagram (18+) : DabsWitaBudget415

I thought Fi's were cheap :peepwall: But in the bigger picture, there are soooo many more factors that play in when it comes to sound quality and loudness. Everything from the amps, enclosure and even car. Unless he has a bad box, or overrated equipment, it's gunna be hard to get louder than him on the same cone area and less power.

Start out boxy, shape as you move along.

Dc Audio

Team Fur

well if he has shit equipment then im sure you can beat it.

That's why they don't deliver.

Yer ass better go sit along the side of the road and wait.

You can't expect them to travel up some dirt road in a hick / back woods town. Thats how horror movies start :D

I explain things very simply and use analogies in terms of Pickles, and grape drink, pool noodles and jackhammers...if you can't put 2 and 2 together there man, There simply is not much more I can do.

2 15s and a 2500w MAX amp for 700, yeah i can see that being 700~

FI/DC/AA stand out because they make really good quality shit, that gets STUPID loud... and every sub is customizable to your liking, you cant do that with any other subwoofers

good quality stuff cost $... stay here, read, learn that kicker/hifonics and all that shit are honestly not that great as they are made out to be from the stores in your area...

edit

stay away from the overpriced JL as well bro

and what equipment does your buddy have, we can tell you if its worth getting the AQ and BLs over that

Edited by Team_DC-Derrick

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

Its like comparing a civic to a ferrari. Yeah you can get by with the civic, but you don't know what sex truly is until you've taken a spin in the ferrari.

You gotta pay to play. :)

Edited by tristan560

<u>99 Jimmy SLT 4WD</u>

Systemless.

<u>99 Grand Prix GTP</u>

DC XL 12 on 1.5k tuned lowwwwww.

I thought Fi's were cheap :peepwall: But in the bigger picture, there are soooo many more factors that play in when it comes to sound quality and loudness. Everything from the amps, enclosure and even car. Unless he has a bad box, or overrated equipment, it's gunna be hard to get louder than him on the same cone area and less power.

Yeah true. I was going to uhh run the 15's on a Soundstream 2.6k watt, but then, someone said AQ2200 was better for the price, so.. I guess i'm going to go with that

MOB-MOBILE: 2005 Honda Accord 5-Speed System: (1) Sundown Audio SA-15 (1) MB Quart ONX1.1500D (1) Kenwood KDC-248U

Speakers:

New MOB-MOBILE:

2011 G37S Sedan

System:
TBD

well if he has shit equipment then im sure you can beat it.

Well, I am not positive what equitment he had.. But he just had a regular box. But his shit slaps, like, idk. Haha.

Speakers:

New MOB-MOBILE:

2011 G37S Sedan

System:
TBD

2 15s and a 2500w MAX amp for 700, yeah i can see that being 700~

FI/DC/AA stand out because they make really good quality shit, that gets STUPID loud... and every sub is customizable to your liking, you cant do that with any other subwoofers

good quality stuff cost $... stay here, read, learn that kicker/hifonics and all that shit are honestly not that great as they are made out to be from the stores in your area...

edit

stay away from the overpriced JL as well bro

and what equipment does your buddy have, we can tell you if its worth getting the AQ and BLs over that

Well, I cant tell you what equitment he has, but if you show me a pic of a sub, I can name it off like that. I'm pretty sure its like, a no name. Like the sub itself, you know how Fi is like flat then it has the cap? Well his sub is kinda square-ish with lines on it that go from the cap to the outside. And its white / red. Idk what it is though. And I think the amp is soundstream? Not sure. But it hits 12.5's, if thats good. Haha. And well, my plan is to buy these 2 15 Bl's and run it on an AQ2200 with no alternator, and yeah. I was originally going to run the 15's on a Soundstream TX12600D, but someone said the AQ2200 is a better bang for the buck, which I don't get cause the soundstream has more power, but idk. I'm going to listen to the people on this forum. Haha

Speakers:

New MOB-MOBILE:

2011 G37S Sedan

System:
TBD

Its like comparing a civic to a ferrari. Yeah you can get by with the civic, but you don't know what sex truly is until you've taken a spin in the ferrari.

You gotta pay to play. :)

You just won my heart to the Fi's. Haha, and what do you know, these fi's are going to be in a honda :) Haha.

Speakers:

New MOB-MOBILE:

2011 G37S Sedan

System:
TBD

you NEVER ever go by MAX ratings, which soundstream tends to use... 12.5 is low voltage, thats bad in car audio...

you will want atleast 1/0 gauge wiring if you get the BLs and the AQ

AQ actually does put out power it claims

DONT ever use a capacitor, they are worthless get a battery instead

your buddy probably has Pyle 15s or similar, garbage subwoofers no lie...

if you can get some one to design a box, specific for your car on here, you shouldnt have ANY problem being louder than him

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones