Help decide on this trade I'm about to make

So this guy is willing to trade his 15" macbook pro for my 32gb iPad plus $100 cash. I am a complete noob when it comes to Macs. My HP latptops charger just shit the bed for the 5th time last night and I really want to try something new so I'm thinking this would be a great trade but it seems kind of fishy to me (too good to be true). here is what his craigslist ad says

I have a very fine 2008 Mac Book Pro 15-inch Unibody laptop. The computer is in great condition with a very minor ding on the bottom case. The ding does nothing to hinder the laptop from working perfectly. All of the drives and ports work flawlessly. The display is bright (extremely!) with no dead or stuck pixels. This model MBP has both the integrated and discrete graphics for improved performance. The battery holds a very good charge and it comes with the MagSafe power adapter. One quirk, as you an see from the pics, is that this MacBook Pro has a dual English / Korean keyboard. I can supply higher res picture on request. This is covered under AppleCare until July of 2012.

It's currently running Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) and I have a BootCamp (dual boot) set up with Windows 7. I can leave that as is, or I can reformat to a fresh Snow Leopard. Your call. :)

Hardware Overview:

Model Name: MacBook Pro

Model Identifier: MacBookPro5,3

Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo

Processor Speed: 2.66 GHz

Number Of Processors: 1

Total Number Of Cores: 2

L2 Cache: 3 MB

Memory: 4 GB RAM

Bus Speed: 1.07 GHz

Boot ROM Version: MBP53.00AC.B03

SMC Version (system): 1.48f2

I have one friend who is telling me from the specs, it's a great machine and is well worth the trade and another friend telling me it's not worth the money and to sell the ipad and put the cash towards a PC. I already have a desktop pc and the hp laptop (just no charger). Help me out here guys. Is it a fair trade on my part or should I sell the ipad, save some more money, and spend it on a newer/better Macbook.

Come on where are all the computer geeks? This has to happen by tomorrow morning or the guy is going to go elsewhere. I don't want to pass something up that could potentially be a great deal

Seems like a nice mac book you got any pics, also whats the harddrive space?

take baby steps, u cant do it all at once unless u have a roll of 100's big enough to choke a donkey

1998 Chevy Venture "Swagger Wagon"

Kenwood Excelon KDC-X994 Headunit

3 15" Alpine Type R's in seperate T-Lines

1 RF T1500-1bd for 2 of the 15s

1 RF P1000-1bd for the single 15

3 sets of Hifonics Zeus ZXi6.5C Components( 1 more set to come for Front stage)

1 Hifonics HFi100.4 4-channel amp

Stock alt for now (DC HO SPL 400A when funds come in,currently working on buying this)

Stock battery and one Optima Redtop for now (looking at XS batteries)

3 15" Alpine Type R's (aka Swagger Wagon Build 1.0)

Swagger Wagon Build 2.0

Youtube Videos

heres my thing. technology is becoming obselete in a matter of months anymore. Im not a mac expert but a 2008 laptop is two years old. I dont like hte thought of htat.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

• 2 weeks later...