Sonic Electronix

should my subs be smelly when break in?

yea get a o scope, and its prolly just alot of extra glue :shrug:

24v1fe8.png

wow now this just shows that smd isnt just any forum. We are a brother hood.

here let me put it in retard-onix for u aareehhhh duuuurrrrr ehhh got it now?

Sweet baby jesus the amount of quoting the quote above the quote in a quote is epic

well this sucks. now I snapped the 1inch wooden dowels in my box amazingly. how should I brace it now lol. The whole box is together. I might just do a big piece of mdf front to back and top to bottom. Probably mess up the air flow tho. And it will be a pain to put those pieces in since the box is together.

Current Setup

Head Unit: Pioneer Premier 880PRS

Subs: 2 Custom Ssackett 12's DC LVL5 Softparts

Sub Amp: Crossfire VR4000D

Highs Setup: 4 6.5" Powerbass 4XL'S & 2 Crescendo XST2's.

Highs amp: Jbl Gto75.4ii & MB Quart ONX4.60

Electrical: XS Power D5100 & D3100 in the rear

My Videos

well this sucks. now I snapped the 1inch wooden dowels in my box amazingly. how should I brace it now lol. The whole box is together. I might just do a big piece of mdf front to back and top to bottom. Probably mess up the air flow tho. And it will be a pain to put those pieces in since the box is together.

alot of guys use threaded rod and go through the box. that can be done when its all together. and if its still raw wood, you can still add layers of MDF....also, Ive heard DC subs tend to smell a little when you first start beatin them. since they are the level 5s soft parts, I think it still applies.

AA-Atomic-Clif Designs-DC-Diamond-Digital Designs-Directed-Eclipse-Fi-Hertz-Hifonics-Kenwood-Memphis-Phoenix Gold-Pioneer-PPI-PSi-Stinger-Sundown-TC Sounds-Viper-Zapco

yea. I almost got the threaded rods then I just went with the wooden dowels. I guess I'll pick up some threaded rods tomorrow. Do I just cut them down with a hack saw? Should front to back and top to bottom be good enough? Just two threaded rods in total.

Current Setup

My Videos

you are gonna smell glue burn on these coils after you beat on em. no matter how old or new they are. the coil gets hot thats all there is to it. picture you coil as a push in cigerette lighter in a car. how its red hot when you push it in and it pops out. thats your coil in your motor getting red hot and burning burning the glue.

i believe you have to condition your coils until the soft parts loosen up a bit. so my advise is "Listen for Smells" as soon as you smell your subs you know its almost time to turn em down depending on the severity of the smell.

this is spam imo, its not allowed here

yea. I almost got the threaded rods then I just went with the wooden dowels. I guess I'll pick up some threaded rods tomorrow. Do I just cut them down with a hack saw? Should front to back and top to bottom be good enough? Just two threaded rods in total.

yeah you can just cut them with a hacksaw, and yes you will probably be ok with just one each way, but if it was me i would do 2 just to be safe lol

TeamDeadlyHertz-jesseanson.png

2004 gmc Yukon

270 amp mechman alt.

1 odyssey PC1500 up front

6 kinetik HC2400's in the back

2 18" BTL's fully loaded

2 saz-3500d's strapped

155.7db @ 38hz sealed :)

MY YOUTUBE!!!

ok lol. I got 1.5" mdf on top where the subs are. So maybe two front to back then one top to bottom. since I got the 1.5" on top. I thought my subs were bottoming out but it was just the box flexing lol.

how is the bottom of the box gonna stay level after this? the bolt and washer is gonna make it tippy I think.

Current Setup

My Videos

ok lol. I got 1.5" mdf on top where the subs are. So maybe two front to back then one top to bottom. since I got the 1.5" on top. I thought my subs were bottoming out but it was just the box flexing lol.

how is the bottom of the box gonna stay level after this? the bolt and wssher is gonna make it tippy I think.

yeah, that should be ok, if not just add another one lmao

TeamDeadlyHertz-jesseanson.png

2004 gmc Yukon

270 amp mechman alt.

1 odyssey PC1500 up front

6 kinetik HC2400's in the back

2 18" BTL's fully loaded

2 saz-3500d's strapped

155.7db @ 38hz sealed :)

MY YOUTUBE!!!

Archived