three speakers eight ohms

ok so i have a pair of floor speakers each with a tweeter and midrange and a subwoofer. it says each floor speaker has an 8 ohm impedance(the speakers themselves do not say what ohms they are). i want to replace them but im not sure how to keep the 8 ohm impedance with three speakers. also i think there is a crossover inside not sure how thats relevant. any advice would be appreciated.

http://www.the12volt.com/caraudio/boxcalcs.asp#par use the series and parallel calculator on this site. wire the first 2 speakers in series to get a 16 ohm load and then take that 16 ohm load and enter it into the parallel calculator with a 8 ohm load for the 3rd speaker and you should get a 5.33333 ohm load which if you are using a home theater amp or pro audio amp even though HT amps say 8 ohms most can handle down to 4 ohms but a 5 ohm load will do just fine on a HT amp so it doesn't have to be 8 ohms all the time.

My Car Audio Setup:

Sub: 1 RE Audio HC 15 Dual 2 ohm(soon to get a psi recone)

Daily Sub Box: 1.62 cubes net with 2 dayton audio 8 inch passive radiators tuned to 34.35 hz, 141.9 @ 48 hz sealed on the dash with termlab

Competition Sub Box: 3.10 cubic ft. net tuned to 50.58 hz with 2 6 inch aeroports, 147.9 @ 62 hz sealed on the dash with termlab

Amp: Powerbass ASA 1000.1 Dx(eventually gonna get a planet audio bb2400.1)

Big 3: Phoenix Gold 1/0 Gauge

Amp Wire: Knukoncepts 1/0 gauge

Alternator: Stock 90 amp

Battery Under the hood: Autocraft Gold Top Battery

Battery In Back: None for now but I am looking for one so pm me if you have one for sale

HU: Pioneer DEH-2900MP

Front/Rear Amp: Hifonics Txi-4408 4 channel amp

Front Speakers: Orion Cobalt 6.5 coaxial

Rear Deck Speakers: Orion Cobalt 6x9 coaxial

Home Audio Setup:

Speakers:2 Cerwin Vega D-3's (10" Woofer,5 1/4" mid-range,1" Bullet Dome Tweeter)

2 Cerwin Vega D-5's (12" Directed Audio Xtreme 124SX Subwoofer,5 1/4 mid-range,1" Bullet Dome Tweeter)Kenwood center channel and rears.

Amp: 2 Kenwood KM-105's from 1985

Receiver: JVC RX-6008V 5.1 Channel Receiver

Pre-Amp: Kenwood KC-993

Sub: still looking for one thinking about getting a 18 or 15 for my sub to hit the lows if anyone has one pm me

I do free box designs if anyone is interested

a lot of home audio speakers come as a 6ohm imp so if you get 3 of those wire two in parallel and wire that into series with the third to get a 9 :)

Live life to the full... Then TURN THAT BITCH UP!

291nldv.png

over 9000 milliohms?

Coolface.png

24pm3xe.jpg

im taking out my passenger seat, battery is disconnected, going to unwire and take out the three amps, take out the 70+ lb box, then the platform so i can crimp 1 wire.

Almost as bad as those fegs that put those horns in their grills and roll down the street distorting the block....

1990 Jeep Cherokee 2 Dr.

Big-3 in 0g on Stock Alt.

Pioneer 6.5" and 5.25"s temp. until i can afford the new crescendos.

Pioneer 6000ub Reciever

NO amps at the moment. SA-15 on 1kw coming soon.

MSG Me for a free enclosure design!!

Flared port kits coming soon!!

the cross over is what makes it 8ohm, cause every 3way floor speaker ive had each speaker was raited 4ohm, or 8ohm

i have a speaker selector that for some reason no matter how many speakers i got hooked to it does not change the ohm load comeing from reciever

its a wierd thing how these things work tho, i wanna build me some bookshelf speakers for the workshop and im gunna use the ones from this site

http://www.parts-express.com/speakers.cfm

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

here's a link to my other system my 90 geo prizm test car

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

redblob.gifbouncing%20blob.gif2yooj7m.pngmodel14.gif

aight thanks :) but what about the crossovers?

that site sells cross overs also so if u want to just replace it all then thats cool too, could even replace the terminal cup n what knot n just go from scratch :)

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

here's a link to my other system my 90 geo prizm test car

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

redblob.gifbouncing%20blob.gif2yooj7m.pngmodel14.gif

3x 2 or 3ohm in series,

3x 16ohm in parallel.

Running two driver series then a third parallel will result in slight phasing issues.

MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..."

Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through.

Hammerdown... 1%

no links to outside websites, business related FB/YT pages allowed.

Archived