Just got finished installing the second panel.

Turned off almost everything in the house to see if the meter would spin backwards. I'll have another video tomorrow morning showing how much faster it spins with the second panel on.

If anyone is interested. I am working on a group buy.

DCSig.jpg

secondskin_468x60.gif

xs.jpg

Viper 5902, big 3, 1/0 Rockford wiring, 2 xs d3100, mechman 300a, pioneer avic-z1, 2 dc 12xls, Rockford t2500.1bdcp, Rockford t1000.4ad, Rockford t2 6.5 comps, damplifier

Build log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/102584-carbon-fusion/

yeaaaahhhhh energy! good work boss

I don't fuck around. I go from zero to I hope you die in less than 2 posts

build log http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/104524-new-subs-coming-sundown-3500d-arc-audio-cable-lacing-crescendo/

Nice.

How did it cost you?

Some people could care less about who the genius is that is making the product... They just want to get it cheap and say "derrrr, look at teh pretty lights in muh dash!"

Because audio is a lifestyle not a hobby.

Things that I am allergic too....

1. Haters
  2. Bitch Notes

Kick Ass Man how much did it cost to install one panel

take baby steps, u cant do it all at once unless u have a roll of 100's big enough to choke a donkey

1998 Chevy Venture "Swagger Wagon"

Kenwood Excelon KDC-X994 Headunit

3 15" Alpine Type R's in seperate T-Lines

1 RF T1500-1bd for 2 of the 15s

1 RF P1000-1bd for the single 15

3 sets of Hifonics Zeus ZXi6.5C Components( 1 more set to come for Front stage)

1 Hifonics HFi100.4 4-channel amp

Stock alt for now (DC HO SPL 400A when funds come in,currently working on buying this)

Stock battery and one Optima Redtop for now (looking at XS batteries)

3 15" Alpine Type R's (aka Swagger Wagon Build 1.0)

Swagger Wagon Build 2.0

Youtube Videos

Let me start out by explaining what I have right now. I have two BP 175W panels, two enphase 190 grid-tied micro inverters, a ac disconnect, and everything wired to my breaker panel. I'll make a video in a little bit and show the whole system. These are newer inverters that connect directly to the back of the solar panel. One panel one inverter, you can connect 14 panel/invertor sets together. I am working on getting a group purchase together just for the panels and inverters, there are some small purchases that need to be made at installation like: Romex 10/2, a/c disconnect, depending on your breaker panel maybe a new breaker, a mount of some kind.

yeaaaahhhhh energy! good work boss

Thanks man

What's the price of the panels and do u have a battery bank. I have been thinking about doing this but it cost way to much

The panels/inverter combo will run 625.00 plus shipping, and depending on the quantity of panels maybe a couple quick connects at 3.00 a piece.

I wanna get solar panels when I get a house as well. Seems like a good investment.

So far it has been a great investment. I have noticed a nice drop in electric. I havent received a bill yet since these have been connected, I'll throw a screen shot of my monitoring program to show the difference.

Nice.

How did it cost you?

I paid a little bit more because I didn't think about a group buy unitl after i got connected. I also bought a rack for the panels, which now I think is a complete waste of 140.00. I could have purchased lumber and made my own rack for a lot less. I paid 1500.00 plus another 300.00 for installation, no permits because we are moving within the year. I'll pull permits and contact the power company at my next residence.

Hell yea, I'm interested unless I have to give one of my nuts to pay for it.

The price depending on quantity is roughly 625.00 a set (might have to throw in a couple of quick connects at 3.00 each)

Kick Ass Man how much did it cost to install one panel

I paid a friend 300.00 to make the connection, bring 100' of 10/2 romex, a new breaker for the box, some pvc to run the wires through.

Making a video after this post.

DCSig.jpg

secondskin_468x60.gif

xs.jpg

Viper 5902, big 3, 1/0 Rockford wiring, 2 xs d3100, mechman 300a, pioneer avic-z1, 2 dc 12xls, Rockford t2500.1bdcp, Rockford t1000.4ad, Rockford t2 6.5 comps, damplifier

Let me start out by explaining what I have right now. I have two BP 175W panels, two enphase 190 grid-tied micro inverters, a ac disconnect, and everything wired to my breaker panel. I'll make a video in a little bit and show the whole system. These are newer inverters that connect directly to the back of the solar panel. One panel one inverter, you can connect 14 panel/invertor sets together. I am working on getting a group purchase together just for the panels and inverters, there are some small purchases that need to be made at installation like: Romex 10/2, a/c disconnect, depending on your breaker panel maybe a new breaker, a mount of some kind.

Thanks man

The panels/inverter combo will run 625.00 plus shipping, and depending on the quantity of panels maybe a couple quick connects at 3.00 a piece.

So far it has been a great investment. I have noticed a nice drop in electric. I havent received a bill yet since these have been connected, I'll throw a screen shot of my monitoring program to show the difference.

I paid a little bit more because I didn't think about a group buy unitl after i got connected. I also bought a rack for the panels, which now I think is a complete waste of 140.00. I could have purchased lumber and made my own rack for a lot less. I paid 1500.00 plus another 300.00 for installation, no permits because we are moving within the year. I'll pull permits and contact the power company at my next residence.

The price depending on quantity is roughly 625.00 a set (might have to throw in a couple of quick connects at 3.00 each)

I paid a friend 300.00 to make the connection, bring 100' of 10/2 romex, a new breaker for the box, some pvc to run the wires through.

Making a video after this post.

Hmm arnt you suppose to install conduit instead of PVC?or are you using the grey PVC?

That's why they don't deliver.

Yer ass better go sit along the side of the road and wait.

You can't expect them to travel up some dirt road in a hick / back woods town. Thats how horror movies start :D

I explain things very simply and use analogies in terms of Pickles, and grape drink, pool noodles and jackhammers...if you can't put 2 and 2 together there man, There simply is not much more I can do.

it is conduit, i was just having a brainfart and couldn't remember the name.

screen shot of the difference in power. I only had one panel active until last night, so i'll get another screen shot in a couple of days.

TED.jpg

Edited by tdc3187

DCSig.jpg

secondskin_468x60.gif

xs.jpg