Second Skin Audio

Tuning a box that has 2 different widths

Well i'm not real big in designing boxes and tuning them but i know a little bit. but i'm not sure how i would tune this box. because its going to have two different widths and depths. Its pretty much like 2 separate boxes built together if that makes any sense. The box would be 42" wide x 33" tall x 13" deep going to 30" wide x 33" tall x 10" deep. its going to be for 2 18" FI Q's. i know its going to be choking them but that's all the room i can get. id like to tune it to 28 but i'm not sure if that can happen. highest i want to go is 32. Any help its definitely appreciated

did you try torres box tuning calculator??

I don't fuck around. I go from zero to I hope you die in less than 2 posts

build log http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/104524-new-subs-coming-sundown-3500d-arc-audio-cable-lacing-crescendo/

You don't have to tune it for different widths, what you need to do is measure your internal volume. Measure the 2 sections seperately then add the volume together, that will give you your total volume. Then use that volume to figure out your tuning.

97 Maxima SE

Bunch of shit going in, check out the build

alpine_logo.jpgSundown_Banner.jpgxspower.png

Just find the cu in of each 'seperate' box. Add that together to get the total cubes. Then on Torres calculator, play with the H, W, D measurements until you find the same airspace as your box(s). Then figure out you r port tuning. The shape of the box doesn't matter.

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread

Archived