Sonic Electronix

Is this supposed to happen?

Just make sure not to play music under your box tuning too long cuz that can cost you some subs too.

TEAM FLEX ISSUES

Car: 1985 Oldsmobile Delta 88 Royal

24" Rims

HU: 7" Carputer, Planet Audio EQ, iPhone.

Coax: T3 Audio 4" speakers

Subs: 2x 18" T3 Audio TSNS (walled)

Sub Amp: DC 9k

SOON TO COME

T3 Audio 6x9s

MB Quarts 6.5" comp set

MAYBE ADDED

2nd DC 9k

u dont know if ur cliping unless u tune with a o scope

so if anything ur cliping ur subs

CDyneSi_zps9638e5fa.jpg

VbjgkeI_zpsdd2219ec.jpg

deepsilencer, on 22 Aug 2011 - 17:32, said:

splzx3, on 22 Aug 2011 - 17:27, said:

i had my fun on one of his videos...till he blocked me then i got my mother into it lol after her he closed the comments xD

lol your mom is a G! good.gif

WTF, I never thought I'd have a conversation about cross dressers and trans-genders on a car audio forum.

Guest jbinn

My box is 5 1/2 Cubes @ 34 lol no way is it too small... and just because I didnt set with an oscope means its clipping this gain is barely up.

The voltage is barely even near 1500 the subwoofer is good for 1600...

Ive been playing music under my box tuning for awhile and that could be why... I also had a bass boost knob installed which coulda caused it as well...

The woofer stays cold now, and I havnt smelled that smell since I turned the gain back and if I have its very light wiffs of it.

Thew oofer sounds AWESOME and is loud as hell, the AP stays at a good tempature I just dont want my brand new $350 sub to roast over stupidity lol

ive been reading that the larger a box, the less power you would need to use. since it has so much air to push, too much power can be bad. less air means more motor control so more power. maybe this has something to do with it? the fact theres so much air and a lot of power, almost the full rms?

2007 Cadillac Escalade

Alpine Headunit

Infinnity Kappa 6.5" components powered by 250.2 kicker amp

Currently sitting in my garage waiting to be installed:

3 18" Ascendant Audio Mayhems

3 Rockford Fosgate T40001bds

6 kinetiks batteries

dual 300 amp alternators from Iraggi

Regardless of what you set your amp at, chances are you're still clipping. Unless you clamp your amp to find your impedance with box rise included and set the gains with a DMM to match what the amp should be putting out at that impedance, you're going to be clipping.

Me personally I have a Sundown 4500 running an 18" SMD wired at 1 ohm (should be right below .7), but after box rise I'm at ~3.3 ohms. After o-scoping the amp with a -9 db test tone I clamped it at 2400 watts on a 0db test tone. Even then I'm clipping the sub on tones and on most music it will have soft clipping. If I were to set my gains with a DMM and set it to 4500 watts, I would be clipping the everloving shit out of my sub.

Probably just playing below tuning for extended periods of time. When you play below your tuning, the woofer has to work much harder. What's your subsonic set at? When you play below tuning, the woofer has to move more tp get those low notes.

And yes an oscope is the only way to know if you're clipping. Did you set with a 50 hz tone?

2006 F-150

4 DC XL M2 18's Walled Daily Driver

XS Power

4 DC 3.5kw

Team DC

Team S.P.L.

Lot of Audio Technix and 1/0

DC Audio Dealer

American Bass Dealer

XS Power Dealer

Audio Technix Dealer

DWRIGHT-1-1.jpg

Probably just playing below tuning for extended periods of time. When you play below your tuning, the woofer has to work much harder. What's your subsonic set at? When you play below tuning, the woofer has to move more tp get those low notes.

And yes an oscope is the only way to know if you're clipping. Did you set with a 50 hz tone?

2006 F-150

4 DC XL M2 18's Walled Daily Driver

XS Power

4 DC 3.5kw

Team DC

Team S.P.L.

Lot of Audio Technix and 1/0

DC Audio Dealer

American Bass Dealer

XS Power Dealer

Audio Technix Dealer

DWRIGHT-1-1.jpg

since its only getting hot on low notes, did u try to adjust ur sub sonic filter to see if that fixes it?

try and set it a few notches above box tuneing

and u got the bass boost turned up?

edit: oh, and u could be clipping it due to electrical strain also, do u have big 3 done or is everything stock?

and if amp takes 4guage run 0guage to amp then put a reducer on the end to 4guage, will help wit current flow also

Edited by tacomabanga1986

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

here's a link to my other system my 90 geo prizm test car

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

redblob.gifbouncing%20blob.gif2yooj7m.pngmodel14.gif

Guest jbinn

since its only getting hot on low notes, did u try to adjust ur sub sonic filter to see if that fixes it?

try and set it a few notches above box tuneing

and u got the bass boost turned up?

edit: oh, and u could be clipping it due to electrical strain also, do u have big 3 done or is everything stock?

and if amp takes 4guage run 0guage to amp then put a reducer on the end to 4guage, will help wit current flow also

its not just on low notes but it gets hotter and quicker on lower than tuned notes... so I will try adjusting subsonic better.

and no bass boost is off but im using a gain knob.

and electrical is STOCK with no big III can this really cause the sub to heat up?

and im running 0gauge to the amplifier, the amp takes 2 gauge.

so electical problems could cause heating issues? or clipping? I noticed when im not 2000rpm my voltage is like 10...?

Edited by jbinn