How To: Get every last strand of wire in that terminal

thanks alot man, thats a great idea... wish ya would posted this like 3 months ago lol.

sticky this bich

24v1fe8.png

wow now this just shows that smd isnt just any forum. We are a brother hood.

here let me put it in retard-onix for u aareehhhh duuuurrrrr ehhh got it now?

Sweet baby jesus the amount of quoting the quote above the quote in a quote is epic

wow great idea chris. i always have a hard time with this. especially the klmx. as soon as the case comes off it just expands and is a bitch to get tight again

Team NWSPL

baaudio Build Log

2001 GMC Sierra walkthrough

4 Mechman Elite 370s, 10 AGM batteries, 3 Crossfire XS v2 18s, Crossfire 8k

good man! i have always been bugged by this but then end up crimping wires rather than soldering so some strands make their was out during that process too so it stops bothering me soon as I'm done. Gonna do this when I step up to some bigger wire tho. When I get my car back I will for sure try this when I upgrade my 4 gauge to 1/0

keep it up man :good:

gonna take a look over at the mitsu later today. anything good?

TY

Thanks man i appreciate it :drinks: And not really, i spent today putting pinstripes on and checking to make sure it will pass emmisions. It has one of those stupid ebay test pipe cats :angry: but no check engine light :good:

great post. def needs to be stickied

Thanks, if it does get stickied i would be amazed.

yea same but the Knu wire can be a bitch, esp the klmx where its over-sized for the terminal.

Yeah, this is what i was using.

Awsome idea. Where were u a month ago. Lol

Haha looking for the eclipse :pardon:

:clapping: Nice trick. Never thought of using solder before. :drinks: I'm gonna have to try it!

Please do, but it does take a lil longer than just jamming the terminal on.

i resolve to be a nicer moderator.

Tercel build R.I.P.

Eclipse build Old New

V-Dub

My feedback.

thanks alot man, thats a great idea... wish ya would posted this like 3 months ago lol.

sticky this bich

Thanks man, and 3 months ago the largest wire i ever worked with was knu 8 gauge i think :noob::lol:

wow great idea chris. i always have a hard time with this. especially the klmx. as soon as the case comes off it just expands and is a bitch to get tight again

Yeah, i had to figure out some way to prevent it.

Tercel build R.I.P.

Eclipse build Old New

V-Dub

My feedback.

i just put the wire in the hole lol. i can usually get all of it in pretty easily. sometimes one or 2 strands come out. just use your fingers to squeeze it all together.

This

i was thinking leave the 12 sitting in the box in the hole and duck tape from the bottom of the sub to the bottom of the baffle so the sub doesnt free air. would that work?

cool idea... honestly i got sick of fucking with the over sized wire and went with stinger hpm... i have no problems

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/79921-rogers-700-dream-car-update-page-17-a-wall/?p=2335774

93 Saturn SC2My system4 SA-15's Walled

2 Cerwin-Vega S2000's

3 Kinetik Hc2000's

Dual 200amp alts.

you guys done with the peepee touching contest or do I need to end it?

cool idea... honestly i got sick of fucking with the over sized wire and went with stinger hpm... i have no problems

Thanks, does this mean you use lesser quality wire now? I don't have much experience. And dude, check out the eclipse, lemme know what you think about my pinstripe.

Awesome tut! Going to keep this in mind!

Thanks, glad i could help!

Tercel build R.I.P.

Eclipse build Old New

V-Dub

My feedback.

The hpm is like hyperflex... its just good flexible normal sized wire.. shit better not be worse quality...lol... its like 4.70 a foot

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/79921-rogers-700-dream-car-update-page-17-a-wall/?p=2335774

93 Saturn SC2My system4 SA-15's Walled

2 Cerwin-Vega S2000's

3 Kinetik Hc2000's

Dual 200amp alts.

you guys done with the peepee touching contest or do I need to end it?

Archived