Sonic Electronix

Hello all,

I currently own one Precision Power pc2350 amplifier and one 4 Ohm Kicker Solox (12"). My amplifier is a 2 channel amp (go ahead and trash talk, everybody does) and it pushes out 1400 watts rms on a 4-8 ohm bridge. Since my woofer has dual 4 ohm coils, i wired them up in series to make a 8 ohm load at the amp so that way i wont screw up the bridge of the amp.

My question is...

I was thinking of buying another one of these amps since i love how this amp performs, but is it possible to take the same 2 model amps and use them to power 1 woofer??

And another question...

If you dont suggest that i run a 2 channel amp, what monoblock amp would you suggest i get so that i can run at 2500 watts rms (the woofers power handling) and have it on at the least a 2 ohm load?

Hope to see everybodys replies on this.

Thanks in advance!!!

2004 GMC Envoy1 XS power S3400 batt under the hood and 4 XS Power D3100's battery installed in the rear by the amps0 gauge power wire from front to backAlpine iva-w205 touchscreen dvd/cd/mp3/ipod/am/fm/gps headunitSundown Audio SAX-200.4 amp for my mids and highs8 gauge speaker wire from amp to woofer270 amp Mechman AltRockford Fosgate T1652-s component speakersRockford Fosgate 3Sixty.2 sound processorRca's from Rockford Fosgate and Monster Cable14 gauge speaker wire for the mids and highs1 18" Ascendant Audio SMD Dual 1 ohm with custom Black & Blue carbon fiber and hand signed dustcapBox: 5.66 cubic feet net volume box tuned to 30.13Hz with 1.5" wide wooden dowels and 1.5" thick baffle1 DC Audio 5.0k amp wired to .5 ohms nominal with an imp rise of 1.35 ohms for the single AA SMD 18"Future Vision 8000k 50w bi-xenon projector HID's with 4300k 35w fog lightsLink to my build: Buildupdates/progress

1400 watts to a Solo X? lolwut?

Get an AQ3500D and run it at 2 ohms. It'll push 2600 watts at 2 ohms, so you'll be all set with that Solo X. It'll pound and sound good doing it.

EDIT: Also, if you're running this on a stock electrical system, please upgrade your alt to at LEAST a 270-amp (300 amp preferably) and get a few large batteries (2 or 3 should do it). You'll ruin this amplifier on a stock electrical system and I'd hate to see that go to waste. It takes power to make power.

Edited by Maxim

wtf is lolcats?

I'd def get a fat hooker if i had to resort to that kinda thing. I feel like they'd be grateful and work harder. Also its more bang for my buck, more real estate for my dollar if you catch my drift. its like the Costco of streetwalkers.

I was hoping for 150 :(.

I was hoping she would let me put it in her butt

1400 watts to a Solo X? lolwut?

Get an AQ3500D and run it at 2 ohms. It'll push 2600 watts at 2 ohms, so you'll be all set with that Solo X. It'll pound and sound good doing it.

EDIT: Also, if you're running this on a stock electrical system, please upgrade your alt to at LEAST a 270-amp (300 amp preferably) and get a few large batteries (2 or 3 should do it). You'll ruin this amplifier on a stock electrical system and I'd hate to see that go to waste. It takes power to make power.

Thanks for the replies so far.

As for my electrical, i run it all on 0 gauge from front to back and the amp is retarded and has 4 gauge for a input (stupid as hell i know) so im using my old shitty 1 farad cap as a distro block.

The battery i have a xs power s3400, and im buying a d3100 for in the trunk to replace the cap and to get more power. and im going to buy a 300 amp alt from excessiveamperage.com for $480. it idles at 200 amps so i think that would be decent enough. id get a dual alt but my car cant handle that since its a 98 olds 88 with a 3.8 liter v-6 engine.

So again, right now, im running a s-3400, with a 1 farad cap (that drains in a milli-second), 0 gauge throughout, and the stock 140 amp alt (for now)

2004 GMC Envoy1 XS power S3400 batt under the hood and 4 XS Power D3100's battery installed in the rear by the amps0 gauge power wire from front to backAlpine iva-w205 touchscreen dvd/cd/mp3/ipod/am/fm/gps headunitSundown Audio SAX-200.4 amp for my mids and highs8 gauge speaker wire from amp to woofer270 amp Mechman AltRockford Fosgate T1652-s component speakersRockford Fosgate 3Sixty.2 sound processorRca's from Rockford Fosgate and Monster Cable14 gauge speaker wire for the mids and highs1 18" Ascendant Audio SMD Dual 1 ohm with custom Black & Blue carbon fiber and hand signed dustcapBox: 5.66 cubic feet net volume box tuned to 30.13Hz with 1.5" wide wooden dowels and 1.5" thick baffle1 DC Audio 5.0k amp wired to .5 ohms nominal with an imp rise of 1.35 ohms for the single AA SMD 18"Future Vision 8000k 50w bi-xenon projector HID's with 4300k 35w fog lightsLink to my build: Buildupdates/progress

Thanks for the replies so far.

As for my electrical, i run it all on 0 gauge from front to back and the amp is retarded and has 4 gauge for a input (stupid as hell i know) so im using my old shitty 1 farad cap as a distro block.

The battery i have a xs power s3400, and im buying a d3100 for in the trunk to replace the cap and to get more power. and im going to buy a 300 amp alt from excessiveamperage.com for $480. it idles at 200 amps so i think that would be decent enough. id get a dual alt but my car cant handle that since its a 98 olds 88 with a 3.8 liter v-6 engine.

So again, right now, im running a s-3400, with a 1 farad cap (that drains in a milli-second), 0 gauge throughout, and the stock 140 amp alt (for now)

But heres another question. since the aq 3500 takes 2 0 gauge pos and neg terminal connections, would it be ok to just take 2 short runs of 0 gauge from the d3100 im putting in my trunk or should i use 2 0 gauge from my s3400 (in my hood) to my future d3100 (in the trunk). i only have 1 0 gauge positive running from my engine bays battery to the cap in my trunk. and from the cap i have a little 3 foot ground cable to my chassis.

But heres another question. since the aq 3500 takes 2 0 gauge pos and neg terminal connections, would it be ok to just take 2 short runs of 0 gauge from the d3100 im putting in my trunk or should i use 2 0 gauge from my s3400 (in my hood) to my future d3100 (in the trunk). i only have 1 0 gauge positive running from my engine bays battery to the cap in my trunk. and from the cap i have a little 3 foot ground cable to my chassis.

bump for a hope of getting a response about whether i should run 0 gauge from front to back as a ground (battery to battery)

use 2 0 gauge from the front battery to to the rear battery, same for grounds isnt necessary as you can take 2 0 gauge from the battery and ground it on the frame. then wire 2 0 gauge + and - to amp accordingly. seems like overkill probably but thats what it takes.

use 2 0 gauge from the front battery to to the rear battery, same for grounds isnt necessary as you can take 2 0 gauge from the battery and ground it on the frame. then wire 2 0 gauge + and - to amp accordingly. seems like overkill probably but thats what it takes.

thats cool. thanks for the reply!! Now the hard part.... finding a place around me that has 2/0. i got my 1/0 for free since the jackass dealer near my house sold me 4 gauge and said it would handle the power i was drawing (and yes at the time i had no clue like i do now about car audio) but it burned the wire at my fuse and burnt the fuse block and didnt break the fuse at all!! but oh well. i was a bitch and got 1/0 for free. 8) cant go wrong with a freebie.

But hey, since im looking at buying the audioque aq3500.d.1. do you think this is a good amp? i have a precision power amp (as stated earlier in the post) and that amp kicks ass but its not giving my woofer the full power it can take.

thats cool. thanks for the reply!! Now the hard part.... finding a place around me that has 2/0. i got my 1/0 for free since the jackass dealer near my house sold me 4 gauge and said it would handle the power i was drawing (and yes at the time i had no clue like i do now about car audio) but it burned the wire at my fuse and burnt the fuse block and didnt break the fuse at all!! but oh well. i was a bitch and got 1/0 for free. 8) cant go wrong with a freebie.

But hey, since im looking at buying the audioque aq3500.d.1. do you think this is a good amp? i have a precision power amp (as stated earlier in the post) and that amp kicks ass but its not giving my woofer the full power it can take.

bump for anybody who owns a audioque aq3500.d.1 amp. Im looking for a review or any comments about their products. i dont want to buy anything crap for my car.

Audioque is far from crap and if you haven't heard a lot of good systems the 3500 will blow you away. There's a few users on here running a few of them in their setups. Do a search for aq3500d or aq 3500 and see if you can find them.

2013 F150 Crew Cab

Old Build Log

Feedback

2013 F150

Equipment - Some Awesome Stereo Sound Making Stuff