babyjoker Posted August 2, 2007 Report Posted August 2, 2007 i like the idea of 2200@ 2 ohms, at 14.4volts, but still 1 ohm stable 1999 Eclipse N/T 12'' Fi BTL Gp3000d PM D3100
bigg_will Posted August 2, 2007 Report Posted August 2, 2007 i like the idea of 2200@ 2 ohms, at 14.4volts, but still 1 ohm stable i also like this. 2002 Chevy Blazer 2 door 1-18" Fi BTL, 1 T2000.1bd, 8 ft box before displacement tuned to 33Hz, Big 3 done in 1/0 Havent been metered yet
E a r t h Posted August 2, 2007 Report Posted August 2, 2007 this is the right site to ask people about wut they want so im pretty confident ull get off the ground and when u do i wanna see that water cooling manPPI had coolant running through their ''arts series'' amps back in the early to mid 90s,and bazooka tried it later.I have'nt seen any progression with it since,fluids & electronics don't mix anyway.But I been a fan of routing your a/c vents to the heatsink. But when you're in the desert you need to help the amp stay cooler by any means some times
TheDave Posted August 2, 2007 Report Posted August 2, 2007 There is a lot that goes into "opening up your own amp line." From reading these posts it seems like you would be a distributor, not a manufacturer. You are sourcing amps that are already built? Or are you taking your design ideas and designing your own amps? I'm sure Sundown and the other companies wouldn't be happy if their ideas/amps/designs were being sold as "knock-offs" to someone with a business license down the street... Just some things to consider.
visitor Posted August 2, 2007 Author Report Posted August 2, 2007 There is a lot that goes into "opening up your own amp line." From reading these posts it seems like you would be a distributor, not a manufacturer. You are sourcing amps that are already built? Or are you taking your design ideas and designing your own amps? I'm sure Sundown and the other companies wouldn't be happy if their ideas/amps/designs were being sold as "knock-offs" to someone with a business license down the street... Just some things to consider. Yes distributor.. not manufacturer.. zenon built (same people that build atomic, cactus, sundown, etc.) Yes i am sourcing amps that are already built (again- same as sundown, cactus, atomic, adassa, etc.). sundown is a zenon amp. same as incriminator, same as atoic, same as cactus sounds. in one way or another they are all "knockoffs" of each other. i hope you dont believe that they did any major design work on the amps they sell? im banned because im a jackass....WOOT
TheDave Posted August 2, 2007 Report Posted August 2, 2007 Well I don't know much about those companies at all... I'm just saying I don't know how involved you are and how much you know (so please don't take this as me talking down to you or acting like I know more because I don't) I would just hate to see one of those companies file a suit because your amp looks just like theirs and they claim "copy cat." That's all I was thinking...
majorpayne Posted August 2, 2007 Report Posted August 2, 2007 Well I don't know much about those companies at all... I'm just saying I don't know how involved you are and how much you know (so please don't take this as me talking down to you or acting like I know more because I don't) I would just hate to see one of those companies file a suit because your amp looks just like theirs and they claim "copy cat." That's all I was thinking... He has a good point there...Didnt i think atomic do this to a amp that t3 was going to come out with? it was on termpro but all records of it have since vanished...you know how that goes.... Visitor....I think your right on with all the things you have come up with...If your warranty an amp too low then people on stock electricals are going to try to run them there and there will be alot of returns..Maybe something that makes good power at 2 ohm but can maybe run .7 with healthy voltage. Other than that you sounds like you got a good thing goin...Ill be on the lookout for something for my 5200's. id be willin to test some if you would like.
visitor Posted August 2, 2007 Author Report Posted August 2, 2007 He has a good point there...Didnt i think atomic do this to a amp that t3 was going to come out with? it was on termpro but all records of it have since vanished...you know how that goes.... Visitor....I think your right on with all the things you have come up with...If your warranty an amp too low then people on stock electricals are going to try to run them there and there will be alot of returns..Maybe something that makes good power at 2 ohm but can maybe run .7 with healthy voltage. Other than that you sounds like you got a good thing goin...Ill be on the lookout for something for my 5200's. id be willin to test some if you would like. yeah- im not sure what happened to t3, i do remember that, though:( i was down for a few of em as well, boy was i sad:( ) anyways- i will do EVERYTHING in my power to make sure it is not cosmetically anything like any of the listed amps.. internally, though, its a zenon board.. not much different:)) im banned because im a jackass....WOOT
Team Maxxsonics John Posted August 2, 2007 Report Posted August 2, 2007 Visitor, I see your other posts on the other forums asking the same questions. Please understand and don't let the following comments hurt your feelings. I'm not trying to discourage you from your dreams or be condescending. You are talking about a business and I am very familiar with this business as you might guess so just take what I am saying as a gut check. Because you are a new guy to this side of the business, let me give you just little bit of experienced advise. 1. If you don't know anything about the amplifier business, stay out until you do (I'm guessing you don't know too much about it because of some of the ridiculous, and intentionally misleading suggestions made from people on the other forums, and your reply of "good idea" and "I'll look into it", you clearly do not have a good handle on this business. Some of the guys were just joking and testing you and you took way too much of it seriously. 2. You are not the first to try the "back yard mechanic" method of buying and selling amps from Korea and of the 20 that tried before, you would be the first to succeed. In the end, a bunch of people will get burned when after you and they realise you have absolutely no technical, customer service or warranty support. You need to have these things first. The first amp that comes back to you with smoked output devices and board damage will require complete replacement and probably eat up the profit of your last 4 sales. When this happens 4 or 5 times (and it does in this business), you will be loosing money on every amp you sell for the first 30 you sell. This will not take long for you to quit and go into hiding. I'm not concerned about you, I'm concerned about the ones that will get burned. 3. Before you start making promises of features, power and cost (not that you have yet), you should probably tell every one here about your business plan. You do have one right? 4. If you knew anything at all about being a business man, you would never, and I mean never reveal the manufacturer or your source or your competitors source for products which you did in your first paragraph. This is the ABC's of business and you missed it completely. 5. Do you know that the companies you mentioned have already contacted the vendor and probably convinced them to not sell you products? 6. Do you have any idea how this impacts the real companies that legitimately sell and support there products, this entire industry and the competitors that use high power equipment? I'm not trying to bust your balls but I really do not think you have any idea what so ever about high power amplfiers, product support and good business ethics. There are a million do's and dont's and you have already done several dont's and haven't even made it through the first week of forum posts. You either know amps and the amp industry or you don't. Which are you? I ask this because this is not the kids around the neighborhood asking you for a good deal on product. These are guys that if you screw them, will come to your house. this you do not want. Now, having said this, I wish you the best of luck.
NotoriouslyLoud Posted August 2, 2007 Report Posted August 2, 2007 yeah .25 is insanely low I dont know of anyone that will warrantie an amp at that load, why not recone the sub to differrent coils much easier IMO.i know bro, but he asked what i wanted... http://www.notoriouslyloudmafia.com http://www.teamwolfpackaudio.com
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.