Sonic Electronix

I was thinking of sound deadening just my trunk lid. If I only do my lid will I notice a difference in loudness inside my car? If I do what name should I go with? I hear Dynamat is a night and day difference between that and no deadener, then I hear Second Skin is a night and day difference between that and Dynamat! Im not looking to spend a ton of money.

2003 rsx:Alpine CDE-102Fosgate P300-1Fosgate P1 6.5"s15" Re SRX

dynamat fucking fails. only reason its so popular is because all the hype it gets from TV and articles etc. also it pisses me the hell off when people say "Dynamat your trunk yo!", using dynamat as a verb because they are too retarded to realize that its called sound deadening.

"Dynamat your trunk yo!"

Lol I see that alot and I agree with you on that one! But again Im trying to figure out if only doing the trunk lid will give a noticable difference in loudness and quality in the cabin.

Sub and port firing towards the trunk? Yes and you'll lose a ton of rattles also and give the sound a better surface to reflect off of other then sheet metal.

edit: I meant to say you can gain DeeBees by dynamatin your trunk yo

Edited by Robert8252

2013 F150 Crew Cab

Old Build Log

Feedback

2013 F150

Equipment - Some Awesome Stereo Sound Making Stuff

Sub and port firing towards the trunk? Yes and you'll lose a ton of rattles also and give the sound a better surface to reflect off of other then sheet metal.

edit: I meant to say you can gain DeeBees by dynamatin your trunk yo

Yea sub and port both firing into rear. Thanks guys!

Edited by TommyK

SDS :drink40:

SPL-Lab REPCar: 1996 Honda Accord F22B1 CoupeSuspension: Megan Racing Full Street Coilover Dampener KitAlternator: DC Power XP 270Batteries: XS Power D5100 & D3100Wiring: KnuKonceptz & 2/0 Welding cableHeadunit: Kenwood KDC-MP642UComponents: Hybrid Audio ClarusAmplifers: Lanzar OPTI250X4Subwoofer: 2 Sundown Audio E8.v2Deadener: Sound Deadener ShowdownSPL Meter: SPL-Lab RTA Pro meterWant an SPL meter for a lot less than the cost of a Termlab, but just as accurate and has the same features? PM me.CA ref: (enellz, 92c1v1c, el_chupo_, Thixx, Kraudio12, SethPhillips, NJack2AF, JamesKarr, ExpoSport, 01 S 10, wgsj_fortvalley, fast306stang, Lakota, blackga, TheLow, adrian1185, the727kid, rudy, sundownz, lmllopez, traksta15, gentlejax, satchel50207, Bigthangs, Goindef154)CACO ref: (extremechevyman67, ghostmechanic, FatBoy2, TheMan007, bdufner, 350zkid, ironb, bmansbach)SSA ref as phi: ( shizzzon, porkchop, onebadmonte, stevemead, TRP, ///M5, denim)SMD ref: (DC Power Rob, Nathan@XSPOWER, Jman08)And then some.

Their price differences are just in a few dollars depending on where u get it, im currently using dynamat, but next time I need to refill on sound deadener im deffinatly going second skin damplifier pro

System mainly by pioneer.

A DEH-P4200UB head-unit

TS-A6993R 6x9's

TS-A1782R 6 3/4's

GM-D9500F amp powering the speakers

4 SA-8 8" Sundown Audio subs

2 Pioneer GM-D8500M amps for the subs

2 car audio batteries and a 2 farad cap. powering it.

Also sound dampining by Dynamat.

the difference between dynamat xtreme and SS isnt that substantial IMO. I have both and the only difference I see is price...

AA-Atomic-Clif Designs-DC-Diamond-Digital Designs-Directed-Eclipse-Fi-Hertz-Hifonics-Kenwood-Memphis-Phoenix Gold-Pioneer-PPI-PSi-Stinger-Sundown-TC Sounds-Viper-Zapco