Going Active

PUNKYOU007

I dont believe the 5030 can go full 3 way active, but again i would use the head unit for all xover settings so theyre right at your finger tips and they are far more accurate. I remember Nick from Fi pointing out that the filters on the amps are no where near accurate from the print on the case so you wont even know what you're even cutting the frequencies off at per say, you only have a ballpark estimate.

DAT 4125------>RE XXX comps active

Eclipse cd7000

I serve drunks for a living :D

I dont believe the 5030 can go full 3 way active, but again i would use the head unit for all xover settings so theyre right at your finger tips and they are far more accurate. I remember Nick from Fi pointing out that the filters on the amps are no where near accurate from the print on the case so you wont even know what you're even cutting the frequencies off at per say, you only have a ballpark estimate.

i think you are correct. but it has xover for sub and then shit i dont remember what else. all i know took me a while to figure the shit out and im still not convinced i have it at full potential.

SONY XAV-701HD
RF power 400.4 RF power 1000bd

3 Sundown x8's d2
2004 f150 single cab
2 sets of components MB quart 6.5 onx (2 tweets 2 6.5 perdoor)
stock batt up fron
BIG 3

http://www.stevemead...-vid-pg-11-922/

http://www.youtube.c.../TheBigmescan74

The 5030 has a LPF for the sub out and a HPF for the speakers, but lacks another LPF for the mids, but you still get 7 band eq and time alignment and stuff like that. I read thru the manual real quick to try and verify and so far that is all Ive found. i did not see any page offering an active 3way setup like the cd7000 and up models have :)

and bigmescan if u want yours set to the full potential you could always just use the HPF for your mids and turn off the one on ur amp and fine tune from there and see what happens. I think ur running passive anyways...but u will be ablt to adjust your mids low cutoff point with more db octaves than just the 24 db octave one that is in your amp ;)

remember when all else fails, RTFM...thats what I did :P

Eclipse cd7000

Tomorrow is the day! I finally got the "installation kit" for my deck. Tomorrow I take out the front seats, deaden the front, and move all my wires back up to the dash. My current deck has an external brain so all my wires are with it. I have to re run everything for my amps and my tvs.

Hopefully I have enough time to tune.

This is the idea for my front stage, 4 Selenium 6W4P 6" for each door and two Selenium ST350 Super tweeters. I still need something for the a pillars, they are 4". Any other suggestions? I would like to do a 3 way I just dont know much about that kinda thing. Everything I have ever bought in the past was components.

TeamDeadlyHertz-PUNKYOU007.png

d(-__-)b

beer sucks...but i can bring some jose cuervo. Only problem is that it makes me horny and gives me the rams. So unless yall wanna fight and then have some great make up sex i will leave it home.

I see a potential problem. The deck isnt 4 way capable....

There is no way the deck is able to cross over sub, low, mid, and high...not to mention there is only 6 pre out channels and you are running 8 if you are truly wanting everything to run active.

Only way i see possible is if you run your sub out to the mids and sub at the same time, then cross both over respectively at the amps...in which case the mids would be bandpassed and the sub would just be re-crossed over low passed again. I know this sounds hard but i think its the truth :(

By the way, by setting up the mids and sub on the same channel you took away the ability to do time alignment on the mids and sub...

Eclipse cd7000

Cant I use the 6W4P as mids, use the Super tweets as highs and the subs as lows?

d(-__-)b

beer sucks...but i can bring some jose cuervo. Only problem is that it makes me horny and gives me the rams. So unless yall wanna fight and then have some great make up sex i will leave it home.

Also in my setup I am going to be running two Cadence C9 4 channel amps for the front stage. See here

Think thats gonna be enough for what I want to do?

The 6W4P is rated: *Power handling: 100 watts RMS/200 watts max

The Cadence C9 does: 100 Watts x 4 @ 4 Ohm RMS

150 Watts x 4 @ 2 Ohm RMS

300 Watts x 2 @ 4 Ohm Bridged RMS

d(-__-)b

Sorry I think I misunderstood. You can do the subs as low, 6w4 as mids and tweets as highs but you wont have anything for the 4" a pillars. Without the a pillars Its 3 way. With the 4" its 4 way.

Also it seems like enough power with those amps. 4 sets per door will be loud even at half power.

Are you looking to do time alignment? Kinda tough to do with 2 speakers being wired per channel.

Eclipse cd7000

I would like to use time alignment. I wish I could get my hands on the mic for this deck. From what i understand having the mic would help me out a great deal.

My thought is to bridge two channels from one amp for the drivers side then bridge the other two channels fro the passenger door. That would give me about 75W per speaker. Then take the second amp and run the Super tweeters, bridging one side of the amp again. That would leave me with 2 channels not being used....maybe for the a pillars. They would have to feed off of one of the signals I suppose.

Dont know if this will work. Just a thought. Might have to skip the time alignment this way.

d(-__-)b

I would like to use time alignment. I wish I could get my hands on the mic for this deck. From what i understand having the mic would help me out a great deal.

My thought is to bridge two channels from one amp for the drivers side then bridge the other two channels fro the passenger door. That would give me about 75W per speaker. Then take the second amp and run the Super tweeters, bridging one side of the amp again. That would leave me with 2 channels not being used....maybe for the a pillars. They would have to feed off of one of the signals I suppose.

Dont know if this will work. Just a thought. Might have to skip the time alignment this way.

start saving up for that Pioneer DEXP99 or whatever the number is.

God damn its hot today. My balls are stuck to my leg.

Archived