Sonic Electronix

Hey there guys,

So I've been looking up alternators site, and all I've seen was them for like 600-700$ for 1. Is that the normal price? Like, I'm probably looking into a 03-05 Honda accord and putting two Fi SSD 15's running on an AQ2200. I was wondering, is there like just a cheap alternator for that model / year I can get for like 200-400$? That can get the job done? Thanks so much for taking the time to read this.

*Edit*

Like for example, this one right here:

http://www.car-stuff.com/store/?N=10605+4294962486+1631+11921+9176

Edited by RyanJin

MOB-MOBILE: 2005 Honda Accord 5-Speed System: (1) Sundown Audio SA-15 (1) MB Quart ONX1.1500D (1) Kenwood KDC-248U

Speakers:

-Rear Dash: (2) Clarion SRQ6932R 6x9's SOLD

New MOB-MOBILE:

2011 G37S Sedan

System:
TBD

Instagram (18+) : DabsWitaBudget415

all those are oe ones not really gonna notice a difference just gonna waste your money

ALT's are expensive but if you get them from the right company its def worth the price. im sure if you check out irragi, dc even xspower has alt in your price range and will DEF BE HAPPY WITH THEM

i have DC, would buy it again IMO.

I have checked into Mechman, Iraggi, DC Power and a couple others. Most were 200-260 amp alts and roughly $270-400. Depends on vehicle and how many amps you need.

06 300C 5.7 Hemi

K&N CAI

JVC KW-AVX640 6.1" DVD

DC Audio 3.5k

6 DC Audio 8"s

6 cubes 8" aero port at 32hrtz

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/183798-chrysler-300c-8-build/?p=2731834#entry2731834

all those are oe ones not really gonna notice a difference just gonna waste your money

ALT's are expensive but if you get them from the right company its def worth the price. im sure if you check out irragi, dc even xspower has alt in your price range and will DEF BE HAPPY WITH THEM

i have DC, would buy it again IMO.

Yeah, Like I've saw some and they were going expensive expensive. And Its already hard to get money for the subs and amp and HU. So, yeah that's why I was looking for the cheaper side. You think if I put the subs in and slap for like a week, my car will be fine? And then I buy the alt and put it in? Cause, I'm probably going to install the subs, and it will take a week or 2 for me to get the alt, so if I slap, will my stalk alt be fine you think?

MOB-MOBILE: 2005 Honda Accord 5-Speed System: (1) Sundown Audio SA-15 (1) MB Quart ONX1.1500D (1) Kenwood KDC-248U

Speakers:

New MOB-MOBILE:

2011 G37S Sedan

System:
TBD

I think you should call mechman, same advice from your other thread. But those prices seem to be for some of the larger alts. You dont need a monster alternator unless you're planning in upgrading later

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

Yeah, Like I've saw some and they were going expensive expensive. And Its already hard to get money for the subs and amp and HU. So, yeah that's why I was looking for the cheaper side. You think if I put the subs in and slap for like a week, my car will be fine? And then I buy the alt and put it in? Cause, I'm probably going to install the subs, and it will take a week or 2 for me to get the alt, so if I slap, will my stalk alt be fine you think?

I don't think that would be safe. Very dangerous for your amp and subs

I don't think that would be safe. Very dangerous for your amp and subs

Hmm. Alright. Grr! Then, well, I might as well call them and ask . Can't hurt to ask . Alright, thanks. You think the price will be around 200-400?

Speakers:

New MOB-MOBILE:

2011 G37S Sedan

System:
TBD

Don't cheap out! I bough a cheap alternator, basically a no name it did work and provided over 200 amps like it advertised. I put it in last October, last week it stopped putting out voltage! It runs at 10.3v, my car barely runs. I stopped driving because I know it's just going to kill my battery. I'm ordering a Mechman alternator this week, which I should have done in the first place. And the thing is, it will cost me more to put it in because the whole engine has to come out. Btw, I payed $240 for my alternator. The Mechman costs around $500, but the same one is in the Sony demo cars, so this thing is sure to deliver.

If I were you I would start with the alt first. Because if you strain your alternator and it gets damaged, you won't be driving.

Google it

Don't cheap out! I bough a cheap alternator, basically a no name it did work and provided over 200 amps like it advertised. I put it in last October, last week it stopped putting out voltage! It runs at 10.3v, my car barely runs. I stopped driving because I know it's just going to kill my battery. I'm ordering a Mechman alternator this week, which I should have done in the first place. And the thing is, it will cost me more to put it in because the whole engine has to come out. Btw, I payed $240 for my alternator. The Mechman costs around $500, but the same one is in the Sony demo cars, so this thing is sure to deliver.

If I were you I would start with the alt first. Because if you strain your alternator and it gets damaged, you won't be driving.

Alright, mechman or DC it is. Whichever is cheaper :) Haha. Okay thanks!

Speakers:

New MOB-MOBILE:

2011 G37S Sedan

System:
TBD

DC is definitely a powerhouse, but if its going to come down to price, I would say you might be finding mechman to your liking.

I would say...keep the gain down, and wire the ohm load. 800 watts or less on stock electrical will put a strain on the car, but won't kill your car. And much better than nothing