newls1 Posted August 14, 2010 Report Posted August 14, 2010 Whats going on here? I cant get my 9006 ddm hids to power on. I have an 02 tahoe, the lights came with no instructions but it really seems to be plug and play. No matter how I wire them, I cant get them to power on. What am I doing wrong? Please, someone with ddm hids (Slim ballasts 35w'ers) please chime in and help me...... I love my staffie So anti FACEBOOK it isn't even funny
newls1 Posted August 14, 2010 Author Report Posted August 14, 2010 I think I'm missing parts. On the DDM website, it shows a harness from the ballasts that plugs into the oem 9006 plug, I dont have that I love my staffie So anti FACEBOOK it isn't even funny
bassHZ Posted August 14, 2010 Report Posted August 14, 2010 the polarity from ur trucks oem harness is reverse just flip ur harness over on the ballast and they should fire right up i kno from experience installed some ddm's on my cuzin 02 yukon
mxman38 Posted August 14, 2010 Report Posted August 14, 2010 ya follow wire color, i too hadda reverse them. My blue went to the black on my vehicle. swapped it and voila
bassHZ Posted August 14, 2010 Report Posted August 14, 2010 yea so were it says positive on the ballast just flip that harness over and jam it in there its that plug right there the one thats wrong just an example picture
Guest Posted August 14, 2010 Report Posted August 14, 2010 i had the same problem. the 2 pin connector that goes into the ballast, i had to flip it around and it worked. some cars have the + and - switched and this was my problem and could be yours.
newls1 Posted August 14, 2010 Author Report Posted August 14, 2010 brb........thanks going now to check it I love my staffie So anti FACEBOOK it isn't even funny
newls1 Posted August 14, 2010 Author Report Posted August 14, 2010 I LOVE U GUYS!!!! that was it. The wiring was reversed! They are damn bright!! I love my staffie So anti FACEBOOK it isn't even funny
newls1 Posted August 15, 2010 Author Report Posted August 15, 2010 Do I need to mount the ballast securely somewhere, or since the ballasst is so very small is it ok for them to just "chill" behind the headlamp assemblies? I love my staffie So anti FACEBOOK it isn't even funny
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.