yeeeeep, when i was 12 i thought i knew how to build a box so i cut out 4 round holes and called them aero ports :lol: actually it didnt sound that bad

but following up with what kranny said is you have alot of woofers. and pretty decent woofers too. spend some time and make a port. will sound and look alot better, also you will increase teh dbz :woot:

what do you have for power on those things? electrical?

power is a power acustick 5500d @ 1 ohm 3200rms,3 700 crank batts,40 farid cap and stock alt.yes i know the port sucks but torrets didnt say anything about depth.and it really seems to look like steves box no?

Jensen head unit (junk to start) cadence 5.25 dash re tweets Candence ultra drive amp(mids+highs) rockford fosgate 75hd RESX18D2 X4 subs wired to 1.3 final

REBUILDING AS WE SPEAK

power is a power acustick 5500d @ 1 ohm 3200rms,3 700 crank batts,40 farid cap and stock alt.yes i know the port sucks but torrets didnt say anything about depth.and it really seems to look like steves box no?

:No::peepwall:

Dodge Magnum with custom 300c front end, laid out on air bags

*4) 12" Cadence Daytona walled

*1) AudioQue 20k

*270a DC Power Alt (Dual coming soon)

Steve's port is shallow compared to most, but not that shallow and the port itself is massive (WxH). You need to extend it as others have said and make it much larger.

Don't sweat the screwup, post up what the box is braced with, how thick the mdf is, and the displacement of those subs and people can give you better suggestions.

I've seen worse, there is a guy on here who just cut a random hole in his box. At least you tried to tune it :)

Edited by UnderLoK

If at first you do not succeed, you are doing it wrong! -ARS
UnderLoK-Tanq-SMD-Forum-resized.jpg
Check out my walled TBSS build over here
4 Fi Team 18s on 2 Cactus K9
DS18 doors on 2 MBQ 1Ks, Vifa pillars on a STL4.500
Pioneer X8500
6 XS Power D7500, 1 3400S
Second Skin
2 270a Mechman Alts

Steve's port is shallow compared to most, but not that shallow and the port itself is massive (WxH). You need to extend it as others have said and make it much larger.

Don't sweat the screwup, post up what the box is braced with, how thick the mdf is, and the displacement of those subs and people can give you better suggestions.

I've seen worse, there is a guy on here who just cut a random hole in his box. At least you tried to tune it :)

the box is .75 mdf,the sub displacement is .22each and there are 4 24 inch 2x4s and 6 14 inch 2x3s and the corners are about 3 inch at the widest part @24 long.i tried torrets again but when ever i add lenght the hz go down way low.at work i have cardbord tubes that range from 2.5-6 inchx.25 thick that would work great for a port if i know what to do with it.

Edited by superchargedamd

Jensen head unit (junk to start) cadence 5.25 dash re tweets Candence ultra drive amp(mids+highs) rockford fosgate 75hd RESX18D2 X4 subs wired to 1.3 final

REBUILDING AS WE SPEAK

i tried torrets again but when ever i add lenght the hz go down way low.

As you make the opening bigger it will raise the frequency and as you add port depth it will decrease it.

Edited by UnderLoK

If at first you do not succeed, you are doing it wrong! -ARS
UnderLoK-Tanq-SMD-Forum-resized.jpg
Check out my walled TBSS build over here
4 Fi Team 18s on 2 Cactus K9
DS18 doors on 2 MBQ 1Ks, Vifa pillars on a STL4.500
Pioneer X8500
6 XS Power D7500, 1 3400S
Second Skin
2 270a Mechman Alts

Uh, even though its just a hole in the box, it still has a tuning btw. What do you think regular ported boxes are? They are boxes with holes that happen to have wood to help direct air flow. Using the12volts.com calculator with a port being 10x10 with approximately 25 cubes of space (after all displacements) I get a port length of .5". He is using 3/4" mdf, so in actuality his tuning is probably lower. Now if he was to use a bigger port opening then he would need some wood to create a longer port. If you don't believe me, go to www.the12volt.com and put the dimensions that I used and you will see for your self.

formerly known as Blue86f150

its a 4th order just because its tuned in the 40z doesnt mean it wont reach down and jiggle your balls at sub 30 hz frequencies.

Regardless if they were dipped platinum and were stuffed in Beyonce's twat.....way too fucking exspensive

this sux camel dicks

Uh, even though its just a hole in the box, it still has a tuning btw. What do you think regular ported boxes are? They are boxes with holes that happen to have wood to help direct air flow. Using the12volts.com calculator with a port being 10x10 with approximately 25 cubes of space (after all displacements) I get a port length of .5". He is using 3/4" mdf, so in actuality his tuning is probably lower. Now if he was to use a bigger port opening then he would need some wood to create a longer port. If you don't believe me, go to www.the12volt.com and put the dimensions that I used and you will see for your self.

thanks for all the posts.im going to try 6 round ports @ 5 inch long and see how it does.got it meetered and only 147 pretty sad a.seconed skin here we come.but yes what you said is what torrets said so i thought i was doing the right thing.

Edited by superchargedamd

REBUILDING AS WE SPEAK

• 7 months later...

Your "port" is just a hole in your box. With a "port" like that you just have a leaky sealed box.

This... you have no port, just a hole....seriosly dude you need to caculate a port to tune your box, it WILL sound 100 times better. with no port your subs have pretty much no dampning what so ever, as said you just have a big leaky sealed box

from the dimensions you have you have a 32 cube box. you port area is way way way to small for you box a port 10x20 and 7" deep will tune you to 30hz and you box will sound a million times better, other than that nice subs and you did a good job on the rest of the box

So after a long winter i am back on the system.I have went with 8.5x24x9 deep.Thanks for all the input.Just wondering what kind of lose the sub beating over half the port.I will be making the hole bigger to fit port then brace as ness.Thanks

REBUILDING AS WE SPEAK