DC Sound Lab

Box support for 2 level 3 12's

I'm going to be building a box for two level 3 12's, sealed due to some space and other trunk requirements. I will be pushing around 800w RMS to them. Box size will be a tad over 2.5ft3 and I will toss a divider in there for some strength. I will be using .75" MDF. I was reading the specs and sealed box says 1ft3. After displacement of the sub I'll have 1.12ft3. There is a small option to make the box a tad bigger, but I only gain .06ft3 out of it.

My question is, will I need to add any other internal bracing? I was thinking about doing some pieces of 2x2 on all the corners to help strengthen them up

Those things should sound awesome sealed. Just curious as to why you didn't do 2 10s potted?

2006 F-150

4 DC XL M2 18's Walled Daily Driver

XS Power

4 DC 3.5kw

Team DC

Team S.P.L.

Lot of Audio Technix and 1/0

DC Audio Dealer

American Bass Dealer

XS Power Dealer

Audio Technix Dealer

DWRIGHT-1-1.jpg

I've ran ported one way back when. Been running sealed ever since.

I was looking at the specs on the L3 10's and 12's. Wondering if there is a misprint. The 10's show a sd of 487 and the 12 shows one of 494. Is that right? All the other subs have a big difference between SD on the 10's and 12's