High End Component recommendations?

jdubs

DD germans it is then... I can't get a hold of hertz, rainbow, or really anything else that I want to hear:/

Thanks for the input everybody!

The problem youre going to have is that most average audio people arent going to be running a $300 or more front stage. Its going to be doubly difficult to find Rainbow since theres only a handful of dealers in the US.

I know mine came through a dealer in Jersey and Im in Ohio. So it was kind of a leap of faith that totally paid off.

1999 Pontiac Sunfire

Alpine CDA-9886

Sundown Audio SAZ-1000D

Sundown Audio SAX-50.4

Rainbow SAC 265.25 Components

Image Dynamics iD12

Optima Yellow Top

SQFire FTW.

The problem youre going to have is that most average audio people arent going to be running a $300 or more front stage. Its going to be doubly difficult to find Rainbow since theres only a handful of dealers in the US.

I know mine came through a dealer in Jersey and Im in Ohio. So it was kind of a leap of faith that totally paid off.

Yeah I know... Its weird walking into a store like- "I want the best sounding components you can get, regardless of the price" and the salesman says... "Well I can do around 140 for these Kenwood excelon components, or we can order you some infinity Kappa's. Like wtf lol

Kenwood DDX 514

DD M3a

DD 9512G

RF 600.4

RF power series 6x8s

lots of zero ga.

Whats coming: Kenwood Excelon screen, DD high end comps, DD 4ch, XS batteries

Yeah I know... Its weird walking into a store like- "I want the best sounding components you can get, regardless of the price" and the salesman says... "Well I can do around 140 for these Kenwood excelon components, or we can order you some infinity Kappa's. Like wtf lol

Haha ya I know what you mean. My local "audio shop" told me that they wouldnt stock Focal because no one would pay the money for them. I guess thats pretty accurate.

1999 Pontiac Sunfire

Alpine CDA-9886

Sundown Audio SAZ-1000D

Sundown Audio SAX-50.4

Rainbow SAC 265.25 Components

Image Dynamics iD12

Optima Yellow Top

SQFire FTW.

North Olmsted Performance is a Hertz dealer and they are in Cleveland, Oh IIRC, if you really wanna here or purchase a set it may very well be worth the drive.

Vehicle: 1997 S10 Blazer 4dr 4X4

Exterior: Rear End Bagged, Black Grill, Lifted 2"

Amplifiers: Rockford Fosgate T8004 & T10001bd

Batteries: 2 Stinger SPV35, Kinetik HC2400

Electrical: Big 3, DC Power 290amp Alternator w/ MLA at 15.5v

Enclosure: 4.2 ft³ @ 33Hz 84sq.in. of port (20sq.in. per cube)

Headunit: Eclipse CD3200 w/ 80G iPod

Mids/Highs: Rockford T152s (a-pillars), Rockford T162s (doors)

Subwoofers: 1 15" Fi BL Fully Loaded

Wire: All 1/0g Kicker Hyperflex

My YouTube Videos

My Fiberglass A-Pillar Build

My "Seamless" Looking Box Build

My DD1508 T-Line Bandpass Build "Seamless" w/ Acrylic Windows (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Stealth 8" Fiberglass Build (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Build For A Friend's '08 Cobalt 15" BL Sealed Off From The Trunk

My feedback/references...

Haha ya I know what you mean. My local "audio shop" told me that they wouldnt stock Focal because no one would pay the money for them. I guess thats pretty accurate.

Yeah but you think they'd at least be able to order some... lol

North Olmsted Performance is a Hertz dealer and they are in Cleveland, Oh IIRC, if you really wanna here or purchase a set it may very well be worth the drive.

Hm... I'll look into it. Even though I'm pretty set on DDs just for shear convenience and cost.

Kenwood DDX 514

DD M3a

DD 9512G

RF 600.4

RF power series 6x8s

lots of zero ga.

Not sure if your still looking for suggestions but I liked my hertz, for a week. Then the individual cross overs blew on all the tweets. Got them replaced and haven't tried them again. I'm thinking I had the HPF to high and they tried to pull to much. They really did sound good for that one week though. So I would also recommend hertz but maybe the one level up from entry, you should be in your price range, have great sound, and a real cross over, not the individuals.

2001 BMW 525i

12'' MTX Thunder 9500

Alpine mrp-m1000

Focal mids/highs

Alpine mrp-f300

Build thread to come in a couple weeks after I source some more stuff

Not sure if your still looking for suggestions but I liked my hertz, for a week. Then the individual cross overs blew on all the tweets. Got them replaced and haven't tried them again. I'm thinking I had the HPF to high and they tried to pull to much. They really did sound good for that one week though. So I would also recommend hertz but maybe the one level up from entry, you should be in your price range, have great sound, and a real cross over, not the individuals.

Or you clipped them :/

Vehicle: 1997 S10 Blazer 4dr 4X4

Exterior: Rear End Bagged, Black Grill, Lifted 2"

Amplifiers: Rockford Fosgate T8004 & T10001bd

Batteries: 2 Stinger SPV35, Kinetik HC2400

Electrical: Big 3, DC Power 290amp Alternator w/ MLA at 15.5v

Enclosure: 4.2 ft³ @ 33Hz 84sq.in. of port (20sq.in. per cube)

Headunit: Eclipse CD3200 w/ 80G iPod

Mids/Highs: Rockford T152s (a-pillars), Rockford T162s (doors)

Subwoofers: 1 15" Fi BL Fully Loaded

Wire: All 1/0g Kicker Hyperflex

My YouTube Videos

My Fiberglass A-Pillar Build

My "Seamless" Looking Box Build

My DD1508 T-Line Bandpass Build "Seamless" w/ Acrylic Windows (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Stealth 8" Fiberglass Build (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Build For A Friend's '08 Cobalt 15" BL Sealed Off From The Trunk

My feedback/references...

There's been a crap ton of input on this thread... thanks guys:) Still haven't purchased the speakers, college is pretty freaking expensive. I'm thinking I'm gonna buy the focal xs speakers for my computer before new door speakers. I've contacted Morel via email and I'm waiting on prices.

Focal, Hertz, DD and Morel. Decisions, decisions. Can anybody on here hook me up? Dealers or whatnot? or is that against policy or something...

Kenwood DDX 514

DD M3a

DD 9512G

RF 600.4

RF power series 6x8s

lots of zero ga.

Archived