Sonic Electronix

ok here we have a question, no manufacturer wants to address this question so maybe someone here has a real world experience. Lets talk amp strapping vs amp daisy chaining.

Here is the scenario I have 2 18" subwoofers and 2 monoblocks. I can install the amps two different ways.

Way number 1.

hook up one monoblock per sub at 1ohm setting the first amp to master the second amp to slave, the first amps gain controls the second amps gain...crossover..etc

way number 2.wire the subs in series at 2ohm. strap the amplifiers together so one amp becomes a positive the other amp becomes a negative. the master slave switch is used to control gain,crossover...etc

The manufacturers say it is the same power output either way. considering the resistance stays the equal.

has anyone tried an a/b comparison? vs spl output

DB DRAG PSYCHLONE PRO 156.3 30 SECOND AVERAGE FO MAX AT 26HZ

LEGAL DASH DRIVER DOOR OPEN 158.0@30 HZ

MY BEST SO FAR, HOPEFULLY A 160 COME FEBUARY.

156.9@26hz  158.0@30hz

I like keeping the amps separate. Not much else to say really.

MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..."

Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through.

Hammerdown... 1%

no links to outside websites, business related FB/YT pages allowed.

the amps i have didnt have a master/slave switch so i dont know about option 1. i just split the RCAs to each amp and gain match. thats the way i recommend doing it.

here are some pro's and cons i have experienced. running the amps separate yields higher efficiency. if you use the remote gain knob with the amp then its easier to strap them so you just have that one knob to play with. but that is easy fixed with a knob that goes inline with the RCAs, darvex.com sells them.

thats all i got.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

From what I have seen and tried, Some amps strapped do better for a burp and have less output for daily music. What you will really need to do, is see how your amps perform and to try then test them both ways.

My personal taste is to not strap amps for daily use.

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

From what I have seen and tried, Some amps strapped do better for a burp and have less output for daily music. What you will really need to do, is see how your amps perform and to try then test them both ways.

My personal taste is to not strap amps for daily use.

yesterday I tried rca splitters and level matching the amplifiers. I was able to hit 146.4. I then tried option one with the master slave switch. I gained an entire db.

I probably will not do option 2 due to the fact if one amp goes down in flames it might take the other with it.But that being said flames are pretty cool. Scratch that I will try it! I will have to wire my subs in series which will raise my BL so I might get louder even though the set up might be slightly less efficient! I will keep ya posted

DB DRAG PSYCHLONE PRO 156.3 30 SECOND AVERAGE FO MAX AT 26HZ

LEGAL DASH DRIVER DOOR OPEN 158.0@30 HZ

MY BEST SO FAR, HOPEFULLY A 160 COME FEBUARY.

156.9@26hz  158.0@30hz