Sonic Electronix

Does anyone have a clear ( very descriptive ) explination of how install a relay for 2 amplifiers? (mids highs and subwoofer).

And if anyone knows or can find or draw up a diagram of the way to wire them.

I have been searching the net for 2 days and have yet to find anything helpful so I was hoping someone here knew.

Thanks.

29408240963_9908a51930_o.png
Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's]

BL :  http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/

It's all over the net, but they can be confusing. Like Killa said you more than likely don't need a relay. Generally a HU can do 3+ items on the remote depending on what they are and the HU in question. I think as a general rule HU's do 300 milliamps, but your manual will say. Then you just subtract what you have on it (amps should also call it out in the manual).

Should you still need one, this is from mine (had it handy).

Relay info...

87 - +12v to battery (top)

30 - remote out(s) (bottom)

85 - ground to battery (right)

86 - remote in (left)

Diode in reverse bias (stripe to remote in and non-stripe to ground) to shunt surges

11.JPG

While the diode is optional, it's practically free so you might as well use one, when the relay looses power it can send a jolt up the remote line to the HU and fry it. It's rare that it's enough to blow up your HU, but it does happen.

EDIT: Note that some places will mix up which plug goes to which, but there is more than one way to skin a cat. Don't let it throw you.

If at first you do not succeed, you are doing it wrong! -ARS
UnderLoK-Tanq-SMD-Forum-resized.jpg
Check out my walled TBSS build over here
4 Fi Team 18s on 2 Cactus K9
DS18 doors on 2 MBQ 1Ks, Vifa pillars on a STL4.500
Pioneer X8500
6 XS Power D7500, 1 3400S
Second Skin
2 270a Mechman Alts

Archived