Sonic Electronix

does anyone have a capacitor in their car just because it looks legit?

how would a capacitor do that?

Meh, when you have an amp pulling and a completely drained cap trying to recharge at the same time because there isn't enough supplied current it only adds to problem. Its no longer a voltage stabilizer its a consumer, even caps use current because there's no such thing as 100% efficiency. Most cheaper caps with voltage displays are off, they read before the cap. Voltage at the amp will read lower than the voltage at the cap, at least that's what I show everyone that brings me a .5 farad cap they got in some wiring kit. Try it and be amazed.

It's all gone!

The Celica Build

Feedback

If I buy something from you, DO NOT USE FEDEX!

I stuck this on my car 4182yEWYj5L._SL500_AA300_.jpg a while back, I realize it's not worth anything. my car is blue/black based and it just looks too sick in the car to take out. anyone else like this? and is the voltage measurement on the capacitor the same that's at the battery? :lol:

i think its a reference to your battery, but it looks legit, but i took mine out wasent helping my hifonics out any so what was the need haha

2001 Bravada

Alpine Cda-9886

MTX TX6001 Comps

Dual FI BL 18's Fully Loaded

Dual Hifonics Bxi 2608D

12Cubes Ported @ 33hz

2/0 Run Welding Wire

Stock Batt And Garbage Stock Alt (New Alt in Nov)

148.3 TL Sealed Up

Meh, when you have an amp pulling and a completely drained cap trying to recharge at the same time because there isn't enough supplied current it only adds to problem. Its no longer a voltage stabilizer its a consumer, even caps use current because there's no such thing as 100% efficiency. Most cheaper caps with voltage displays are off, they read before the cap. Voltage at the amp will read lower than the voltage at the cap, at least that's what I show everyone that brings me a .5 farad cap they got in some wiring kit. Try it and be amazed.

im gonna have to try this

1) lookj to left

2) NOTICE BLKUE

3) ME > Y9OU

4) that is all

caps charge and discharge instantly. so if you have a long draw that has emptied the cap then it will act like a pass-through. your cap will never and i repeat NEVER deny your amp of anything.

-Matt

2005 Dodge Magnum RT
JVC KD-AVX1

2 PPI S580.2

Obsidian Audio ST1 Horn Tweeters

PRV 8MB450s

Audio Legion 3500.1D

2 RE MT 18s

360 ah LiFePO4 Battery
SHCA 2/0

155.2 @ 29 hz

Kicker CVR 15's build
DD 3512e build
Mini T-Line Build
(6) 8s Build
Nightshade 15s Wall Build
Magnum AB XFL 12s Build
Newest Magnum Build

I have a cap and yes I got shit for it. Do I care ? Nope not one bit. Box came with it. My truck is stock, I wasnt planning on having a system but my hub bought the box off of a friend that needed cash. Which techforce built the box for his wifes HHR. But to have one just for looks no I wouldn't. I'd have it so I wouldnt have to have extra batts and alts.

Pulling a 134.2 with (2) 8" RE's I'm impressed.

I have a cap and yes I got shit for it. Do I care ? Nope not one bit. Box came with it. My truck is stock, I wasnt planning on having a system but my hub bought the box off of a friend that needed cash. Which techforce built the box for his wifes HHR. But to have one just for looks no I wouldn't. I'd have it so I wouldnt have to have extra batts and alts.

Pulling a 134.2 with (2) 8" RE's I'm impressed.

humm if u can pull that i think i should try my cap again

1) lookj to left

2) NOTICE BLKUE

3) ME > Y9OU

4) that is all

I'd have it so I wouldnt have to have extra batts and alts.

NO. that is a perfect example of misuse of a capacitor. it will not replace batteries or alternators. it is to be used WITH those things to keep electricity constant.

-Matt

2005 Dodge Magnum RT
JVC KD-AVX1

2 PPI S580.2

PRV 8MB450s

Audio Legion 3500.1D

2 RE MT 18s

360 ah LiFePO4 Battery
SHCA 2/0

155.2 @ 29 hz

Kicker CVR 15's build
DD 3512e build
Mini T-Line Build
(6) 8s Build
Nightshade 15s Wall Build
Magnum AB XFL 12s Build
Newest Magnum Build

NO. that is a perfect example of misuse of a capacitor. it will not replace batteries or alternators. it is to be used WITH those things to keep electricity constant.

LOL's!!! Dude, we could defend this till were blue in the face. People seem to have there minds made up, and you can't, no matter how hard you try, seem to change there mind. As far as the SPL guys go, you have no need for a cap anyway because stable voltage is not your main concern, so I understand your stance on not having/useing a cap. But, to SQ and most daily people, it is a good thing to have a strong and stable voltage input to the amps, because is help with sound quality to a verry audible extent (WHEN USED PROPERLY mind you).

<>< Collosians 2:13-14, Philippians 4:13, 1 John 4:7-10

2 - JBL W15Gti

2 - JBL BP1200.1

Knu 1/0 Wiring

Kenwood KIV-BT901

Kenwood/Garmin Nav.

Ok well my voltage doesnt move it's stays the same.

Ok well my voltage doesnt move it's stays the same.

good for you. but your mindset on caps is all wrong

-Matt

2005 Dodge Magnum RT
JVC KD-AVX1

2 PPI S580.2

PRV 8MB450s

Audio Legion 3500.1D

2 RE MT 18s

360 ah LiFePO4 Battery
SHCA 2/0

155.2 @ 29 hz