Sonic Electronix

would wiring my sub work like this???

its the same shit if you do 1 coil per channel or 1 sub per channel

i gave an example to show how stupid your thinking was

ether way your wrong sub amps dont work like that

Keep thinking that. difference is the coils are wound together and not in 2 separate drivers. One will 'vibrate', if you will, differently from the other one due to different signals. thats like hooking 1 coil up to one song and the other coil up to another song. All I asked was that you educate me on why I was wrong because by no means do I know that this is true for a fact, it just makes common sense.

no need to keep thread jacking when we can just take this to pm

/done :santa:

00' Nissan Xterra

Always under construction :]

HU: Pioneer DEH3100-UB

Mids & Highs: Kicker DS Component Set & Crescendo tweeters

Mids & Highs Amp: Rockford 150.2

Subwoofer: 2 DC Audio LV 4 18"s

Subwoofer Amp: Hifonics Brutus 2005d

you been hanging out with jeff and dustin with that green paint? its yellow so it has to be loud.

Keep thinking that. difference is the coils are wound together and not in 2 separate drivers. One will 'vibrate', if you will, differently from the other one due to different signals. thats like hooking 1 coil up to one song and the other coil up to another song. All I asked was that you educate me on why I was wrong because by no means do I know that this is true for a fact, it just makes common sense.

no need to keep thread jacking when we can just take this to pm

/done :santa:

its not ture or a fact and if it was like that all you would have to do is use a 2 male to 1 female rca spliter and just use the right rca from the deck bam 1 signal

and again so i have 2 single coil 4 ohm subs i hook one to the righ channel and the other sub to the left channel so by what you say thats like hooking 1 sub up to one song and the other sub to another song

THEY WOULD CANCEL EACH OTHER

there should be a list of people who can and can't give advice

Edited by Team Bassick (ALPINE)

Have you ever had your woofers blown?

If you're using a multichannel amp or multiple amp setup on a multi coil subwoofer you need to do two things.

First you need to make sure the signal being sent to the amplifier(s) is mono, not stereo.

Second you need to gainmatch.

If you send a stereo signal to the setup it will cause the coils to "fight" each other slightly. Even a perfectly matched system can do this somewhat and some coils can cause this as well depending on how they are wound and how evenly saturated your coil(s) are with magnetic energy.

I really recommend against using multiple amps per subwoofer to the average person, let alone multiple channels to a single sub (often this is worse).

MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..."

Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through.

Hammerdown... 1%

no links to outside websites, business related FB/YT pages allowed.

You can play 2 different signals to the coils. All you get is the net effect of the signal. So it's pretty inefficient because for example if I sent it 500w of GO UP (this is totally, totally idiots terms here, sorry) and 300w of GO DOWN you would end up with only 200w of GO UP but the sub would still have to deal with 800w of heat.

But it's not going to suddenly explode or tear itself to pieces.

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!

You can play 2 different signals to the coils. All you get is the net effect of the signal. So it's pretty inefficient because for example if I sent it 500w of GO UP (this is totally, totally idiots terms here, sorry) and 300w of GO DOWN you would end up with only 200w of GO UP but the sub would still have to deal with 800w of heat.

But it's not going to suddenly explode or tear itself to pieces.

That's the kind of answer I was looking for. Instead of "wow do people actually 'belive' this shit". THANK YOU BOON! :drinks:

00' Nissan Xterra

Always under construction :]

HU: Pioneer DEH3100-UB

Mids & Highs: Kicker DS Component Set & Crescendo tweeters

Mids & Highs Amp: Rockford 150.2

Subwoofer: 2 DC Audio LV 4 18"s

Subwoofer Amp: Hifonics Brutus 2005d

you been hanging out with jeff and dustin with that green paint? its yellow so it has to be loud.