Sonic Electronix

Do they make a plug to fit two 8 gauge wires into sub terminals?

or what if i got some thin threaded rod, and cut about an inch or so off of each end of the wire, wrapped it around the rod a few times then took some solder, and torched it to the rod? there would be no way the + and - would touch.

1st off, what sounds "clean" about that? lol

second, if you do anything with a threaded rod, or bolt, remember that you will want a perfectly round end to go into the terminals. the threads will take away a lot of contact and if you grind them off and you have any bumps or dips in the rod now, it will also rob you of contact area.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

or what if i got some thin threaded rod, and cut about an inch or so off of each end of the wire, wrapped it around the rod a few times then took some solder, and torched it to the rod? there would be no way the + and - would touch.

Thats true, that actually sounds like a good idea ..

I would keep the rod short, keep it barely sticking out of the terminal, just enough room for the wires that are soldered on the rod

But i would buy some heat shrink tubing or something ..

Edited by Chamois

2006 Saab 9-3 2.0T

1st off, what sounds "clean" about that? lol

second, if you do anything with a threaded rod, or bolt, remember that you will want a perfectly round end to go into the terminals. the threads will take away a lot of contact and if you grind them off and you have any bumps or dips in the rod now, it will also rob you of contact area.

heatshrink dood. And yeah you're right, didnt think about the threads. they sell smooth rounded ones too. I'll just take the grinder to that to scuff where the wire will contact.

edit: and by clean, I should really rephrase it, I mean I don't like having that extra wire sticking out everywhere. I want every last strand to be connected to that sub terminal. At least with a rod, and having the wire torched to it, i'll know i'm getting the most out of that strand.

Edited by Alex K

2006 Nissan Z Track.

My Feedback Thread

2nqd37b.png

DCSig.jpg

i used to think a band pass was something you were around your neck or something.

heatshrink dood. And yeah you're right, didnt think about the threads. they sell smooth rounded ones too. I'll just take the grinder to that to scuff where the wire will contact.

edit: and by clean, I should really rephrase it, I mean I don't like having that extra wire sticking out everywhere. I want every lat strand to be contacted to that sub terminal. At least with a rod, and having the wire torched to it, i'll know i'm getting the most out of that strand.

just to check, you do know that this idea will make a weaker connection than cutting down the 8awg right? i mean, it shouldnt make a difference but it is weaker. because with a curved surface only 2 points will touch, the top and bottom.

the easiest solution would be to just use 10awg. my buddy uses 10awg on his SD12k. if it can take that im sure you wont have ANY problem.

Edited by skittlesRgood

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

just to check, you do know that this idea will make a weaker connection than cutting down the 8awg right? i mean, it shouldnt make a difference but it is weaker. because with a curved surface only 2 points will touch, the top and bottom.

the easiest solution would be to just use 10awg. my buddy uses 10awg on his SD12k. if it can take that im sure you wont have ANY problem.

yeah I understand. I'm just picky about a few things. Right now it's got knu 12 gauge going to it - which was suprisingly similar to the rockford 8 gauge in terms of size with tightly twisted. But then again i'm not too comfortable running that power through that thin of wire if i'm going to run a 4k+ amp to the sub you know? Just want whats best for me and the system

2006 Nissan Z Track.

My Feedback Thread

2nqd37b.png

DCSig.jpg

i used to think a band pass was something you were around your neck or something.

Basically I want to stay away from using bolts on my box for speaker wire to be bridged to 1 ohm. I want it done on the sub, then 2 wires run out ot the box to the amp. Does some company make an adaptor where I can plug 2 8 gauge wires into some comtraption/connector, and that forms down to 1 to fit into a sub push terminal?

edit: btw i know i can force them in the terminal, but i'm picky and want it to look clean.. I dont like all that messy wire hanging out of the terminal...

try this mate!

use nuts and bolts

IMG_2460.jpg

IMG_2459.jpg

those are 8 ga ring terminals and some bad ass lookin chrome nuts

you want serious power you need serious hardware

in the pictures, it is only mocked up but those terminals fit 8 gauge wire

ask me if you got any probs or questions

TY

TY

Moet poppin', hoe hoppin', aint no stoppin' B.I.G. poppa, I'm a bad boy

Party and Bullshit - The Notorious B.I.G.

Honest estimate on this truck when it's all done........... 172.3...........

Ehh.. U are aware of what 172.3 is, right?

yep.....:)

Two Pyle 15"s Build log

try this mate!

use nuts and bolts

TY

lol exactly what he said he didnt want to do in the 1st post

try this mate!

use nuts and bolts

TY

I like that. Looks nice, I may have to do something like that even though I don't want to. The picture gave me a good idea how to do it now. ha, thanks bro.

& skittles I tried bolts and nuts on my box and i was getting frustrated with tightning them; so I basically was like fuck that idea, and now that's gave me a better idea

Edited by Alex K

2006 Nissan Z Track.

My Feedback Thread

2nqd37b.png

DCSig.jpg

I like that. Looks nice, I may have to do something like that even though I don't want to. The picture gave me a good idea how to do it now. ha, thanks bro.

& skittles I tried bolts and nuts on my box and i was getting frustrated with tightning them; so I basically was like fuck that idea, and now that's gave me a better idea

:trippy::pardon: post fail haha

TY

Moet poppin', hoe hoppin', aint no stoppin' B.I.G. poppa, I'm a bad boy

Party and Bullshit - The Notorious B.I.G.

Honest estimate on this truck when it's all done........... 172.3...........

Ehh.. U are aware of what 172.3 is, right?

yep.....:)

Two Pyle 15"s Build log

:trippy::pardon: post fail haha

what do you mean lol? I just deleted the pics cause it was pointless to copy them again :P Thanks for the idea btw. My previous ones sucked ass since i'd never done it that way before.

2006 Nissan Z Track.

My Feedback Thread

2nqd37b.png

DCSig.jpg