Sonic Electronix

The most stupid car audio rumors

My 2 favorites. Not really rumors just dumb shit I hear.

My friends bothers, uncle, sisters, moms, friends blah blah ect system is way louder than yours.

Steve meade has the loudest system in the world.

steven.jpg

dont forget the grand daddy of them all. the idiots have always been 'in car audio for 20 years' youd think theyd get creative and use different amounts of time instead of the same beginning/ending to a failed defense on their part

Fusion With A Stetsom 4k2d on 2 DC XL 15s tuned to 31hz and Subs and ports forward

The Revolution Was Not Televised

But There Is This Thread(clicky)

Dr Merkenstein is my 360 gamertag and my profession. When shit gets real, call in the Doc

My 2 favorites. Not really rumors just dumb shit I hear.

My friends bothers, uncle, sisters, moms, friends blah blah ect system is way louder than yours.

Steve meade has the loudest system in the world.

x1000000

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

My buddy told me this.

18's don't carry as far as 12's.

And he said.

"My brutus amp will blow your subs compared to that off brand piece of shit you have"

I have a D9 wired to .3 ohms on 3 Warden 18s......... Nuff said.

2004 Mustang

3 18s

6 crossfire bmf 1700s strapped @ .5

161.2 db Daily driver

159.4 @ 45 hz

158.7 @ 35 hz

154.4 @ 25 hz

Team Hz Addiction

http://www.youtube.com/Drek75633

DSBP_blue.jpg

Prefab is better! I hate those noobs!

If you don't know how to work with wood, have proper tools, never done it before...etc. Then yes, this is completely true. Some places don't even sell MDF, and fewer places even build custom boxes with experience with reasonable price. I'm sure that depends where you live, but years ago i asked a local wood shop who specializes in furniture and after i explained my design and explained what a box sub was *sigh...they wanted $300 for a dual 12 ported. So down to lowes i went and got Birch ply, closest they had to MDF and after the glue, screws..etc. i spent nearly $100. so screw anyones idea that custom is always better.

Considering some of the really crappy,fugly, butt jointed boxes i have seen people make complete with tons of filler smeared through cracks, poor carpet cutting or no carpeted, then yes, Prefab is definitly better for them. A look on youtube shows how many poor box builders there are out there. As long as the size box and tuning matches the sub and its 3/4 mdf, typically prefabs are fine. Some brands build better boxes than others.

Most people in general arnt audio perfectionists and likely get a prefab not just for looks but cause they can't build or afford new tools or even have a garage. Who wants to build one in their 3rd story apartment or custom build when you can get a miter joint/dado groove 3/4 Atrend box at a local shop for $40 and add your own bracing?

If you don't know how to work with wood, have proper tools, never done it before...etc. Then yes, this is completely true. Some places don't even sell MDF, and fewer places even build custom boxes with experience with reasonable price. I'm sure that depends where you live, but years ago i asked a local wood shop who specializes in furniture and after i explained my design and explained what a box sub was *sigh...they wanted $300 for a dual 12 ported. So down to lowes i went and got Birch ply, closest they had to MDF and after the glue, screws..etc. i spent nearly $100. so screw anyones idea that custom is always better.

Considering some of the really crappy,fugly, butt jointed boxes i have seen people make complete with tons of filler smeared through cracks, poor carpet cutting or no carpeted, then yes, Prefab is definitly better for them. A look on youtube shows how many poor box builders there are out there. As long as the size box and tuning matches the sub and its 3/4 mdf, typically prefabs are fine. Some brands build better boxes than others.

Most people in general arnt audio perfectionists and likely get a prefab not just for looks but cause they can't build or afford new tools or even have a garage. Who wants to build one in their 3rd story apartment or custom build when you can get a miter joint/dado groove 3/4 Atrend box at a local shop for $40 and add your own bracing?

most prefabs are tuned higher than 45+ hz, and i think i've seen better built boxes on here that are clean builds, not everyone has to wrap their boxes especially if it's for competing purposes, they don't really care, daily driver is a diff story. Regardless, your outlook on some peoples craftsmenship is a little ridiculous. It's sub boxes....not furniture

My F-150 Build (So Far)

2 DC L3 10's

Kenwood KDC-X794

(4) Selenium ST200 (Highs)

(2) RE X8 (Mids)

Sundown Sub/Mid/High Amps

Shuriken Batteries

Knu Wiring

My Feedback Thread

Archived