Sonic Electronix

The most stupid car audio rumors

I had a guy at a shop tell me that he never heard of DC or FI and that i should get a RF T2 subwoofer bc they were better bc they had better specs...but said he knows about meades system which had FI's but still swore that he never heard about FI.

He also said that its better yo use brands that people have heard of like rf and jl.hahahah

EDIT: but thats not saying much since i own rf subs but they were my first subs

Lol are u talking about the car audio shop in Palatka?

kid came into my friends shop wanting to know how to wire his amp to a 1 ohm load so my friend asked what kind of subs do you have the kid said none yet gonna get the amp wired up to 1ohm first to see what kind of subs I'll need :rofl:

Teamflexissueslong.jpg

06 chrysler 300C Hemi

one mmatts dreadnaut 15 powered by a planet audio vx 2200d

fosgate p200 running planet audio 8" midbass drivers and super compression tweeters

stock battery and a stinger spv44

Irragi 300 amp alternator

big 3 1/0

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/55075-system-in-my-300c/page__view__findpost__p__763656__fromsearch__1

Port area should be based on box volume.

Current system:

1997 Blazer - (4) Customer Fi NEO subs with (8) American Bass Elite 2800.1s

Previous systems:

2000 Suburban - (4) BTL 15's and (4) IA 40.1's = 157.7 dB at 37 Hz.

1992 Astro Van - (6) BTL 15's and (6) IA 40.1's = 159.7 dB at 43 Hz.

Sigh...facepalm. I don't know if its the cold or our seperation from the rest of America that adds to some of our...more stupid rumors.

Guy had mattress stuffing in his box because, his science explained to me, the loudness of the subs in a box depend on the soundwaves vibrating off of the inner walls of the box. So putting all the stuffing inside fooled the sound waves into thinking they were in a larger box since it took longer to bounce off the walls, meaning the soundwaves vibrated more and longer making it louder and more powerful.....

You do know why people use polyfill?right?

It makes an enclosure seem larger, thus the sub will play lower and maybe louder.

Thinking is the root of all problems...

You ALWAYS get what you pay for.

Port area should be based on box volume.

this isnt true?

justin smith

1996 mercury grand marquis

20'' bentchi b7 lexani n3000 245/35/20

cactus 5kw at 1ohm dcr(beast)

2 18'' btl's in a 14.15^ft wall tuned to 35hz with 210'' of port

kicker zx650.4

componets in still the works

200amp motorcraft alt

xs power d3100 (beast)

kenwood ddx512 h.u.

you mean my EX? the one I dumped? just remember every time you kiss her that i used to cum in her mouth

and BTW your girl just called me....

pure pwnage

Sigh...facepalm. I don't know if its the cold or our seperation from the rest of America that adds to some of our...more stupid rumors.

Guy had mattress stuffing in his box because, his science explained to me, the loudness of the subs in a box depend on the soundwaves vibrating off of the inner walls of the box. So putting all the stuffing inside fooled the sound waves into thinking they were in a larger box since it took longer to bounce off the walls, meaning the soundwaves vibrated more and longer making it louder and more powerful.....

Hes actually correct lol.

The poly fill does slow down the sound waves, kinda like when people say it makes the box seem larger :)

But I dont know about it being louder and more powerful. That all depends on the driver, power, and enclosure.

DAT 4125------>RE XXX comps active

Eclipse cd7000

I serve drunks for a living :D

JUST HEARD THIS 25 MINUTES AGO!

My friend just got 2 15's installed and a rockford t500 amp.

The dealer guy said that he can't play ANY bass testers or lil john on his system because of the bass LOL!

And from what my friend told me the guy also said that the t500 puts out 1000w! I looked at the birth sheet at it's rated 659.1@1ohm :ban2::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

EDIT: The dealer also said he can't use his Punch EQ knob unless he's showing off AHAHAHAH!

EDIT2: I also hear engine noise coming from the subs and I told my friend those RCA's are too close to the power wires... He said they said they are fine and I look back where the amp is and the RCA's are zip tied to the power,remote,ground :rofl:

Rest In Peace mother.

January 22, 1955 - February 14, 2013

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/user/35351-megrch/

I went to a local "pro" shop, initials C.T.'s..peepwall.gifAnyway I asked about a custom enclosure. I told them I wanted it for a Fi BL 15. They were like where is it at? I was like I havent ordered it. They were like 'dont because when there custom enclosure maker finished with another Fi 18" box that the 18" sounded flappy!!' That 18"s are no good cause they dont sound good inside a vehicle. I was like okayehh.gif. I left and never looked back. F.O.S.

2012 GMC SIerra CC

System Build

Headunit--Stock

Sub Amp--DC 2.0k

Subs--2-SA8v2's

Enclosure--Need one made!!

Highs Amp--Sundown SAX-100.4

Front Highs--Rockford Fosgate T2652-S

Rear--Sundown Neo Pro 6.5

XS Power D2400--XS D3400

No Big Three yet!

http://www.youtube.c...ser/raolito1980