Sonic Electronix

Need some wisdom from someone (advise pls)

Considering these are some entry level subs and have "chitty" specs, I would go small (2 cubes max) box, with a small port (10-11 in^2/ft^3), tuned to high 30's low 40's.. or even do a sealed box, and run ~500wrms to the pair to get the best overall result out of them.

my personal recommendations

Good recommendation, seal boxes is a no no for me ever since I started with vented boxes. My vent now is about 11.5" long, 2.5" wide 10" deep do think that would be ok for this set up? It sounds good ,but I think I can get more out of them.

i have two kicker comps running on a 600 rms amp @ 1ohm and my box is tuned to 37hz and it sounds good and hits hard but what is your price range cause u can get rockford amps around the $300 heres the amp i would run http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_9103_Rockford+Fosgate+Power+T500-1bd.html and i have been dealing with them for a while now and have had no issues

Not to thread jack but why are you running 600rms to subs that put together can only handle half of that power? Unless you are running it at 2ohms and just stating it does 600rms @ 1ohm

Edited by wonderbreadSTS

2015 Mazda 6

JVF Customz 4.0 Proto 15>Wolfram W4500 @ .5ohm

2 Sundown Neo 6.5 + 2 CT Meso Tweeters (Front) x Kicker KS6.5 (Rear)>JL Audio VX400/4i

NSB-AMG35 (front) / 40ah Lithium Headway (Rear) built by Erni Audio & Electrical

wait so ur willing to spend 300 - 700 on a amp?

if so y not just get a sundown saz 1500 ? so you will have extra power in case you decide you want to change the subs to something alittle bigger/better

Jacob Sigmund

1 dc level 4 m1 18

1 audiopipe ap1500

2 runs of knu 1/0

jake1993sig.jpg

Alex Bennington" <[email protected] ^^^ want one one email this guy he will hook you up!

wait so ur willing to spend 300 - 700 on a amp?

if so y not just get a sundown saz 1500 ? so you will have extra power in case you decide you want to change the subs to something alittle bigger/better

I see alot of guys on here that run those amp, but are they worth it? I've been using rockerfosgate since I was 18, and they have never let me down.

well from the tests i saw ... (go to the sundown section and its pinned at the top i think) they do above what they are rated at 12 volts and they are suppose to put out some clean power! :)

EDIT: also they have them new for $500

Edited by jake1993

Jacob Sigmund

1 dc level 4 m1 18

1 audiopipe ap1500

2 runs of knu 1/0

jake1993sig.jpg

Alex Bennington" <[email protected] ^^^ want one one email this guy he will hook you up!