how dark should i go?

Rogers

yall got any day time pics of your tint?

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/79921-rogers-700-dream-car-update-page-17-a-wall/?p=2335774

93 Saturn SC2My system4 SA-15's Walled

2 Cerwin-Vega S2000's

3 Kinetik Hc2000's

Dual 200amp alts.

you guys done with the peepee touching contest or do I need to end it?

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok so i want to tint the windows on my car... id like to do 5% on all of the back windows... but cant decide what to get on the front side windows... i want it to be dark but not too dark... i want to be able to see at night and stuff... im thinking perhaps 20% on the front windows...

what is a comfortable percentage for up front???

5% is alot darker than you think, hell its alot darker than i thought lol. i rode in OC's car and yea, its dark as shit at night. and id hate to drive it in heavy rain lol. i went 15% around, but i think 10% wouldve been better :shrug:

GEDC0390.jpg

and thats with the sun beaming down into the windshield

Edited by darkjustice

Fusion With A Stetsom 4k2d on 2 DC XL 15s tuned to 31hz and Subs and ports forward

The Revolution Was Not Televised

But There Is This Thread(clicky)

Dr Merkenstein is my 360 gamertag and my profession. When shit gets real, call in the Doc

I have two layers of 5% plus a layer of 50% on all three of my back windows and I can barely see shit during the day, but my friend has 15% on pretty much half his windshield and on his driver and passenger and its not bad during the night. Unless your in a really low light situation you would be okay with 20%. I tinted another one of my friends driver and passenger with 20% and its not very dark at all. At least to me.

DC AUDIO

06' Lancer

i got 20 all the way around and its not bad, wished i went darker tho haha

and it takes getting used to but its not hard to drive at night windows up

ty

TY

Moet poppin', hoe hoppin', aint no stoppin' B.I.G. poppa, I'm a bad boy

Party and Bullshit - The Notorious B.I.G.

Honest estimate on this truck when it's all done........... 172.3...........

Ehh.. U are aware of what 172.3 is, right?

yep.....:)

Two Pyle 15"s Build log

I have two layers of 5% plus a layer of 50% on all three of my back windows and I can barely see shit during the day, but my friend has 15% on pretty much half his windshield and on his driver and passenger and its not bad during the night. Unless your in a really low light situation you would be okay with 20%. I tinted another one of my friends driver and passenger with 20% and its not very dark at all. At least to me.

pics? lol

Steve I don't know why but everytime I see your new paint I want a Dr. Pepper...... is this normal?

heres an analogy for you. running a high power stereo without a fuse is like having unprotected sex with that hot chick at the bar with the sketchy sexual history. Sure you may be fine and nothing happens but that one time something does happen you're fucked.

i dont want woofer broke like bass sound clip clip and voice coil overheat

2 sa12s, saz1500 build log http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/91183-chapo123s-sundown-build-log/page__gopid__1250604entry1250604

1j1450.png

Legal here in CT is 35% but I went with 20 cause it matched my stock back tints. Dark enough so you cant see anything inside the car unless the sun is directly on the window. Its a bitch at night for the first few days but you get used to it. I'd love a 35 on my front but any tint on the windshield here is illegal.

Edited by ant the ninja

2002 Ford Explorer XLT

Front Stage: Crescendo CCX 6.5's

Rear Stage: ???

Two 15" Powerbass M154

Audiopipe AP15001d

Pioneer DEH-P5100UB

Legal here in CT is 35% but I went with 20 cause it matched my stock back tints. Dark enough so you cant see anything inside the car unless the sun is directly on the window. Its a bitch at night for the first few days but you get used to it. I'd love a 35 on my front but any tint on the windshield here is illegal.

great thing about livin in FL. its 15 in the back 25 in the front. but cops dont really mess with you about it unless you did somethin wrong. know why? cause most of the cops rock limo tint lol.

Fusion With A Stetsom 4k2d on 2 DC XL 15s tuned to 31hz and Subs and ports forward

The Revolution Was Not Televised

But There Is This Thread(clicky)

Dr Merkenstein is my 360 gamertag and my profession. When shit gets real, call in the Doc

i guess what ill just do is plan on doing 5% on the rear side windows, 20% on the back glass, and then for the front windows i will get an opinion from the shop on which i should get... im sure they have done enough tint that if i describe what i want... they will be able to help me choose what would be best to my likings

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/79921-rogers-700-dream-car-update-page-17-a-wall/?p=2335774

93 Saturn SC2My system4 SA-15's Walled

2 Cerwin-Vega S2000's

3 Kinetik Hc2000's

Dual 200amp alts.

you guys done with the peepee touching contest or do I need to end it?

I had 20% Reflective on my old accord and it was dark enough that you couldnt see in clearly but light enough that i never got hassled by the cops

Team MaxRetribution

Si Vis Pacem Parabellum
Id rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6

Bowhunting- Life Begins and Ends at Full Draw

Bowhunting Team Fatal Trajectory Hunt Team

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/49335-sick96vtecaccords-t-line-build/?hl=sick96vtecaccord << Accord Build

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/68498-smokedout08impalas-tline-build/?hl=+sick96vtecaccord << Impala T-line build

Rebassed.com for all your music needs 👌