Sonic Electronix

changed H/Us and now brake lights dont work

I replaced my pioneer h/u with a newer kenwood (only cause it was free, like pioneer better myself) system sounds a lot better, but now my brake lights dont work

i thought maybe a wire was exposed or hooked up wrong, so i checked everything again and all wires are hooked up to appropriate ones, ground is good, nothing is exposed, and have no blown fuses, my little third light that is on the trunk is the only one that works, bulbs are good in the lights as well, so im lost

anyone experience this before or have some insight

please and thank you

well you said all fuses are good, but my friends windows stopped working after an install i did for him, turned out to be a ACC fuse up front

didnt know why the windows would stop working with a radio lol

ty

TY

Moet poppin', hoe hoppin', aint no stoppin' B.I.G. poppa, I'm a bad boy

Party and Bullshit - The Notorious B.I.G.

Honest estimate on this truck when it's all done........... 172.3...........

Ehh.. U are aware of what 172.3 is, right?

yep.....:)

Two Pyle 15"s Build log

ill check it out again, i am sure i uninstalled the h/u and checked and they still didnt work, it could just be a weird coincidence, but ill look mnore today, hope i cna find out, cause my other car wont be ready to drive for 3 weeks so i need to make sure i wont get pulled over, lol

check the fuses under the hood and under the dash again, nothing in the h/u wiring shouldent mess with your brake lights like that, i dont think at least

Legal TL scores145.6 on the dash sealed up in the low 40hz area with the port out145.5 on the dash sealed up @30hz with the port inless then 1k clamped on a 3.5k!

Why would you EVER WANT flex?
huh?...flex is what can make the lows lower and more air being pushed correct?
jeff_zps9bc81ace.jpg

me_zps0fb5a5b4.jpgMy FeedbackJeep-BuildlogPT LOSER buildlog

Definately has to be a fuse. You shouldn't have even had a chance to cut wires that affect the brake lights. They are all under and behind the drivers side if the dash so you probably shorted a wire that is more then just the brake lights. Parking lights work still?

2013 F150 Crew Cab

Old Build Log

Feedback

2013 F150

Equipment - Some Awesome Stereo Sound Making Stuff

yea lights work in every way possible except when i pores brake pedal to let people know im braking, lol the third middle light works when braking but thats it

im thinking its just a coincidence that it was noticed when i changed my h/u , i check ed every fuse in the car and i uninstalled the h/u and tried to press brakes and nothing happened so it wasnt the h/u and i didnt cut any wires except for what was attached to my old wiring harness from my other h/u (i had wires clamped together instead of taped)

but still i need to figure out what the deal is with brakes, cant drive too long like that, im not sure if its legal if only the third one is working

but still i need to figure out what the deal is with brakes, cant drive too long like that, im not sure if its legal if only the third one is working

Since the third one works, chances are that it's not the switch.

Not sure of your vehicle but there are some vehicles that have a fuse for the third brake light and another one for the sides.

How do you know the bulbs are good?

Also in the 302 you can bet your ass that you'd get a ticket for that lol

GuEMAcB_zps08015839.png