Second Skin Audio

Box Design & Calc help

I think Memphisbasshead is right, I really don't have enough space for two ported unless they go in 5 cubes which is too small. I played around with the calc last night and couldn't get anything spot on. Any seconds on the 3 15's sealed?

untitled-2.jpg

i would do 2 layers of 1/2 inch mdf so you can have a 1" layer of mdf and after displacement each sub would get 2 cubes net exactly with the box being 6 cubes net total.

here's a dual 4 re audio srx sub http://www.dealercostcaraudio.com/reaudiosrx15d4.aspx

i think 3 15's sealed will turn out pretty nice and you'll get pretty loud :drinks:

i checked the fuse rating on your amp and it has 3x35 amp fuses so you your amp will do rated @ 12.5 volts so that amp would be perfect for the 3 15's but i would eventually get a audiopipe 1500d so you can put 500 to each sub. :good: and as for the wiring you need to wire two of the d4 subs in parallel to get a 1 ohm load and then take the 3rd d4 sub and wire it in series to get 8 ohms and then take the 8 ohm load from the 3rd sub and the 1 ohm load from the other 2 subs and wire it in parallel to get a final load of 0.88889 ohms which is close enough to one ohm 8) this should be a pretty nice setup post pics on the build :drinks:

My Car Audio Setup:

Sub: 1 RE Audio HC 15 Dual 2 ohm(soon to get a psi recone)

Daily Sub Box: 1.62 cubes net with 2 dayton audio 8 inch passive radiators tuned to 34.35 hz, 141.9 @ 48 hz sealed on the dash with termlab

Competition Sub Box: 3.10 cubic ft. net tuned to 50.58 hz with 2 6 inch aeroports, 147.9 @ 62 hz sealed on the dash with termlab

Amp: Powerbass ASA 1000.1 Dx(eventually gonna get a planet audio bb2400.1)

Big 3: Phoenix Gold 1/0 Gauge

Amp Wire: Knukoncepts 1/0 gauge

Alternator: Stock 90 amp

Battery Under the hood: Autocraft Gold Top Battery

Battery In Back: None for now but I am looking for one so pm me if you have one for sale

HU: Pioneer DEH-2900MP

Front/Rear Amp: Hifonics Txi-4408 4 channel amp

Front Speakers: Orion Cobalt 6.5 coaxial

Rear Deck Speakers: Orion Cobalt 6x9 coaxial

Home Audio Setup:

Speakers:2 Cerwin Vega D-3's (10" Woofer,5 1/4" mid-range,1" Bullet Dome Tweeter)

2 Cerwin Vega D-5's (12" Directed Audio Xtreme 124SX Subwoofer,5 1/4 mid-range,1" Bullet Dome Tweeter)Kenwood center channel and rears.

Amp: 2 Kenwood KM-105's from 1985

Receiver: JVC RX-6008V 5.1 Channel Receiver

Pre-Amp: Kenwood KC-993

Sub: still looking for one thinking about getting a 18 or 15 for my sub to hit the lows if anyone has one pm me

I do free box designs if anyone is interested

Yessir, and lots of pics.

Oh for sure man! I might actually buy the 3rd D4 woofer sometime this week, depending on when I get to the bank. LOL

i dont know of any 15's that can utilize 2.5cuft a piece well. what woofers do you have in mind?

Well right now I have RE SRx 15's (The new model) and they're only in a shitty 5/8 prefab box of about 1.6 CF after displacement with polfil, and RE reccomends 1.5 sealed for the 15's. They get somewhat loud for what they are. I think they will sound pretty good in 2.0 CF in some thicker MDF.

And for Memphisbasshead, thanks so much man! your almost giving me a walkthrough lol! It's really helping me out. I didn't think you could wire 3 D4's into .8 haha then again I've never really dealt with more than 4 coils.

Edited by Cardboardcat15

My Channel on YouTube. Check it out for cinematic-style Car Audio videos.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcSMhtT-rpopJbdybubDgnQ

New 2014 Scion TC 4th Wall Build

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/217173-2014-tc-4th-order-build-3-fi-sp4-15s/

Oh for sure man! I might actually buy the 3rd D4 woofer sometime this week, depending on when I get to the bank. LOL

Well right now I have RE SRx 15's (The new model) and they're only in a shitty 5/8 prefab box of about 1.6 CF after displacement with polfil, and RE reccomends 1.5 sealed for the 15's. They get somewhat loud for what they are. I think they will sound pretty good in 2.0 CF in some thicker MDF.

And for Memphisbasshead, thanks so much man! your almost giving me a walkthrough lol! It's really helping me out. I didn't think you could wire 3 D4's into .8 haha then again I've never really dealt with more than 4 coils.

no problem man :drinks:

My Car Audio Setup:

Daily Sub Box: 1.62 cubes net with 2 dayton audio 8 inch passive radiators tuned to 34.35 hz, 141.9 @ 48 hz sealed on the dash with termlab

Competition Sub Box: 3.10 cubic ft. net tuned to 50.58 hz with 2 6 inch aeroports, 147.9 @ 62 hz sealed on the dash with termlab

Battery In Back: None for now but I am looking for one so pm me if you have one for sale

Home Audio Setup:

Speakers:2 Cerwin Vega D-3's (10" Woofer,5 1/4" mid-range,1" Bullet Dome Tweeter)

2 Cerwin Vega D-5's (12" Directed Audio Xtreme 124SX Subwoofer,5 1/4 mid-range,1" Bullet Dome Tweeter)Kenwood center channel and rears.

Sub: still looking for one thinking about getting a 18 or 15 for my sub to hit the lows if anyone has one pm me

untitled-2.jpg

i would do 2 layers of 1/2 inch mdf so you can have a 1" layer of mdf and after displacement each sub would get 2 cubes net exactly with the box being 6 cubes net total.

here's a dual 4 re audio srx sub http://www.dealercostcaraudio.com/reaudiosrx15d4.aspx

i think 3 15's sealed will turn out pretty nice and you'll get pretty loud :drinks:

i checked the fuse rating on your amp and it has 3x35 amp fuses so you your amp will do rated @ 12.5 volts so that amp would be perfect for the 3 15's but i would eventually get a audiopipe 1500d so you can put 500 to each sub. :good: and as for the wiring you need to wire two of the d4 subs in parallel to get a 1 ohm load and then take the 3rd d4 sub and wire it in series to get 8 ohms and then take the 8 ohm load from the 3rd sub and the 1 ohm load from the other 2 subs and wire it in parallel to get a final load of 0.88889 ohms which is close enough to one ohm 8) this should be a pretty nice setup post pics on the build :drinks:

Is dealercostcaraudio a trusted website? cause I normally just buy all my stuff off of Ebay, but i'm one to save a couple bucks and dealercost is cheaper than Ebay. Any thoughts?

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/217173-2014-tc-4th-order-build-3-fi-sp4-15s/

Is dealercostcaraudio a trusted website? cause I normally just buy all my stuff off of Ebay, but i'm one to save a couple bucks and dealercost is cheaper than Ebay. Any thoughts?

Yes they are a legit site.

However, you do not have the room to do two 15s in a 92 corolla trunk.

The minimum box volume alone for a pair of 15s would take up the entire trunk let alone have room for the woofers to properly load.

This is a good example of a pair of 12s out wanging a pair of 15s due to the fact the 12s will have proper box volume and a box that is not as huge so the soundwaves and can escape out the trunk and into the cabin.

but this is just my opinion.

The minimum box volume alone for a pair of 15s would take up the entire trunk let alone have room for the woofers to properly load.

This is a good example of a pair of 12s out wanging a pair of 15s due to the fact the 12s will have proper box volume and a box that is not as huge so the soundwaves and can escape out the trunk and into the cabin.

Yeah I kinda left the whole ported idea for the 15's now, not enough space as you said. It makes me kinda wish I had a larger car =/. Have you owned/worked on a 92 corolla before? I'm just kind of curious, I don't see many people working on them so it'd be nice to meet someone who has experience with them.

umm the box space he has is about 6.5 cubes with 1" thick wood he wants to get 3 15's sealed and that would be about 6 cubes net after displacement which is 2 cubes per 15 which is a good amount of space for them. so he has the room to do 3 15's sealed but not 2 15's ported.

My Car Audio Setup:

Home Audio Setup:

Have you owned/worked on a 92 corolla before? I'm just kind of curious, I don't see many people working on them so it'd be nice to meet someone who has experience with them.

No, never ever rolled a toyota, but I have a friend we built a box for 2 solo 10s in a 94 corolla firing forward. by the time I was done with the box it almost didnt fit in the trunk.

I know from personal experience from a few installs that firing a woofer up, and porting it back in a trunk does not give to great of results unless you cut out the entire rear deck it seems. Maybe that is an option for you.

umm the box space he has is about 6.5 cubes with 1" thick wood he wants to get 3 15's sealed and that would be about 6 cubes net after displacement which is 2 cubes per 15 which is a good amount of space for them. so he has the room to do 3 15's sealed but not 2 15's ported.

Well then keep doing your "free" box designs, and Ill keep building real boxes that get loud, and put up results on the meter.

No, never ever rolled a toyota, but I have a friend we built a box for 2 solo 10s in a 94 corolla firing forward. by the time I was done with the box it almost didnt fit in the trunk.

I know from personal experience from a few installs that firing a woofer up, and porting it back in a trunk does not give to great of results unless you cut out the entire rear deck it seems. Maybe that is an option for you.

Well then keep doing your "free" box designs, and Ill keep building real boxes that get loud, and put up results on the meter.

dude wtf is your problem i know what i'm doing i've been doing this shit since i was 12 and what are you saying that 2 cubes for each sub sealed is not enough? if so then you are a complete idiot. he wanted to 2 ported 15's but he did not have the adequate amount of space to do it so i thought that 3 15's sealed would work. and yes i know what you're talking about 2 good 12's with that amount of space would do alot better in my opinion but i don't think this guy wants that so please stfu and go flame on someone else's thread. 8)

My Car Audio Setup:

Home Audio Setup: